2011 328i 3.0 AUTO
By semperfi68 on
2011 BMW 3 Series 328i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)
Our first BMW. Picked up this car new and like the way it handles and drives. The cup holders are fine with me. I like how they are out of sight when not in use. The radio is good. One must be near deaf to need or want a lounder one. The car is not made for people with big feet. Wife is small and has small feet, and she drives the most, where I'm tall and me feet hit the brakes or gas ped by accident often. Still, it's ok. However, since buying this car, it's been in the shop 3 times for a diff. problem. (my luck). First time, they replaced said diff., next, replaced oil and added some, wanted us to drive it aound a few weeks, next, they ordered another diff.. Still waiting
Favorite Features
Looks and size.
Suggested Improvements
Better gas milage. Better diff. maybe? One can't be too happy about a differential problem.
By semperfi68
on 02/15/11 19:42 PM (PST)

Update since last comment. On 4th rear differential now and 4th time in the bmw shop for said complaint. Have to say that the bmw at niello of Sacramento is a little under educated or I just have a lemon, my luck. Car only has 5000 miles! Can you guys believe it? PS niello doesn't want to do anything, as of yet. They have a cavalier attitude about this problem. Hiredgun.. hope you have better luck at your BMW shop than I do.

By semperfi68
on 03/13/11 15:46 PM (PDT)

Last update. bmw labled it a "LEMON" took it back and gave us what we paid for it less about $500.. Too bad they didn't want to fix it as the wife like the car, just not the problem. Really not sure about how others feel about this car. It's too much money for the problems with the car and from the dealership.

By hiredgun
on 01/12/11 06:09 AM (PST)

I have also had my differential replaced. The first one whined like a banshee. Second one started off very quiet, but now seems to be making some noise....