2011 BMW 3 Series Diesel - Consumer Reviews

335d 3.0L 6-cyl. Turbo Diesel 6-speed Automatic - (14 reviews )
Fun DIESEL
By Emilian on 09/09/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2011 BMW 3 Series Diesel 335d 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl Turbodiesel 6A)

I grew-up in Europe where everything is Diesel. So, we bought our car and chose European Delivery. We put a little over 2000 miles in 12 days. The engine response was great, very quick of the line, but if you are not in Sport Mode it plateau's around 3500 RPM, which is common for Diesel. I wish BMW will offer V8d on X5 as well as 5 and 7 series. (I will purchase tomorrow). The car turned heads everywhere, something that my wife didn't like very much :). One more thing, the car is very capable and very adaptable to many lifestyle. I will say is a commuter or run around town car. Hope this helps.

Hard to believe it's a diesel
By drdan on 08/08/10 05:53 AM (PDT)

2011 BMW 3 Series Diesel 335d 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl Turbodiesel 6A)

I'm still in the break-in period, but this car is a blast to drive. The new model styling is really great. The wheels and trim accents in the sport package look fabulous. While I'm a big fan of the BMW sport seats (my previous 530i had them, too), I'm having a little trouble getting really comfortable in these. In 40 years of driving, this is my first automatic transmission car, but I don't think that I'm going to miss it as much as I thought. The wheel base of this 3 series is almost the same as my old 530i, so it's really quite roomy inside. However, it's still a 3 series, so it's just not as upscale as my old 5 series. When BMW brings a 5-series diesel to the US, I'll move back up.

Outstanding Diesel Car
By Bill on 07/04/10 20:55 PM (PDT)

2011 BMW 3 Series Diesel 335d 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl Turbodiesel 6A)

Have had this car 4 weeks and it is a great driving experience, starting with its tremendous power and excellent handling. We are getting 31 mpg in combined driving, and 40 mpg on the highway. Couldn't ask for a better, more enjoyable car.

2011 BMW 335d at 1000 miles
By factoryguy on 06/10/10 12:51 PM (PDT)

2011 BMW 3 Series Diesel 335d 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl Turbodiesel 6A)

The 335d is amazing. It delivers the handling and road manners typical of the 3 series while the turbo diesel engine's incredible torque output makes the car accelerate like a 1960s Detroit muscle car. The standard seats are extremely comfortable and the interior fit and finish are perfect. Mileage is in line with what others report, upper 20s to mid 30s in town and around 40 on the highway. The OEM run-flats (Continental) are predictable and surprisingly quiet, but I would have paid extra for an alternative to RFs.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2011 BMW 3 Series Diesel in VA is:

$137 per month*