Used 2011 BMW 3 Series Diesel Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2011 BMW 3 Series Diesel - Consumer Reviews

335d 3.0L 6-cyl. Turbo Diesel 6-speed Automatic - (14 reviews )

335D 2011
By jrjoseph

2011 BMW 3 Series Diesel 335d 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl Turbodiesel 6A)

My first diesel, and my second BMW. I traded my 530XI for the 335D. Got the sports package, and all the bells and whistles. Drives really well, I am expecting to get a few speeding tickets with this car:) Great car however seems to have one simple flaw, the speedometer is off by 3 Km/H, not much however may have to see the dealer for a fix. I highly recommend this car to anyone, especially if you are on the green track and wont to feel good about not polluting the environment. It's way better than a hybrid, GREAT performance from a reputed mfg. Unfortunately 335D comes at a price, but I can assure you it's all worth it.

Torque, thank God for sports seat, holds you in place when you step on the accelerator. The Bluetooth connects much faster than my previous 530XI. Seats, did I say torque

In my case the speedometer. BMW need's to bring the 320D, 328D, and 535D to North America, I have driven BMW diesel while in Europe, I feel that NA is ready for Diesel cars.

WOW
By Mike in LA

2011 BMW 3 Series Diesel 335d 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl Turbodiesel 6A)

I replaced my 2008 328i with a 2011 335d, which I picked up five days ago. When it comes to raw power, this car makes my old 328i seem like a Pirus. The manual says to keep the RPM below 3500 during the first 1200 miles, but this car wants to take off. It doesn't take much of a push on the accelerator to kick in the turbo and pop you head back, and your up to 80!

BMW and the dealership together knocked almost 20% off sticker, making the diesel a great value.

Unfortunately, this car, at idle, sounds like a diesel, and continues to sound like a diesel until you get above 45 mph. If they could hide that sound, the car would be perfect.

Diesel Delight!
By Western Philly Burbs

2011 BMW 3 Series Diesel 335d 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl Turbodiesel 6A)

From the German autobahn to the Philly 'burbs, this is a blast to drive. European delivery is really cool - Munich factory tour and driving without speed restrictions, plus a 7% price reduction. The only problem is waiting the 6+ weeks to get the car again in the States (and then staying close to speed limits). This is my first diesel; I highly recommend it (30 mpg+ in suburban driving, too!)

diesel acceleration; well designed interior with top notch fit and finish

Little more room in back seats.

My first BMW
By Usanda

2011 BMW 3 Series Diesel 335d 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl Turbodiesel 6A)

It is my first BMW and I'm planning to keep. Driving is a lot of fun, mileage is about 25 MPG (LA 50/50 street/freeway driving). The only complain that I have is radio, it's awful. Most of the time I get a very bad reception. Sometimes even my CD player would get some interference. Other than that, it is a great car.

Diesel, MPG, looks, simplicity, power, stability on the road.

Radio reception, doors need to be slammed to close them.

Fast, Cool, and Clean
By Northern NJ

2011 BMW 3 Series Diesel 335d 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl Turbodiesel 6A)

Wanted to get a luxury sports sedan that makes an attempt at good gas mileage & clean emissions. I got that and lots more in the 335d. Just a fabulous car that gets a ton of attention. Sports pkg is a must-add, it really upgrades the exterior and brings the BMW sport suspension & seats. Agree with the other reviewer that sport seats are comfortable, but take some getting used to. Easily the fastest car I've ever owned, and just a blast to drive. Bound to get a speeding ticket soon, as it just begs you to tromp on the gas and take off. Got 35 MPG @ avg'ing 80 mph in hwy driving. Avg 28 MPG in aggressive city/hwy driving. Car is beautiful & unique. Have seen only one other 335d on road.

iDrive system Harmon Kardon Stereo upgrade Navigation system Sport Package styling (and those Sport Package rims!) MPG & CO2 emissions that are cleaner than gas engines Passenger side mirror points to curb when in reverse to assist with parking Keyless entry BMW Assist

Kill the in-dash cup holders although I've come to accept & use them, it wasn't easy! Eliminate two useless gauges on the dash: 1) The analog MPG gauge underneath the tach, and 2) The totally useless average MPH digital readout by the odometer