Used 2011 BMW 3 Series Consumer Reviews - 81 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2011 BMW 3 Series - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 3 Series model:

Very happy
By Kerry young

2011 BMW 3 Series 335i xDrive 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

Poor gas mileage

Do not invest into BMW!
By Chris

2011 BMW 3 Series 335d 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl Turbodiesel 6A)

DO NOT INVEST INTO BMW!!!
This company does NOT stand by their word nor treat the customer with respect.

If you have a warranty they will not stand by it. All they want is your money... Heads up!

When you purchase a car that is considered a lemon how many times does somebody have to bring the car in with the same issues? Especially within the week & first year of buying a vehicle?

The 1st week after i bought The car it broke down! With loud and shaky idles, transmission issues, steering issues, bmw has seen the repair history. I'm honestly afraid of what the future holds for this car. I feel my families safety is in jeopardy & this is documentation if anything happens.
Is this something that usually happens & is this a good experience for a BMW owner?

I've brought this car in numerous times within the first year, one of them being within the first week that I bought it.

Did BMW even do the proper screening for this CPO?
Doing my research there are numerous recalls on this car and I feel that the issues directly relate with the problems with this car.

I wanted give bmw every opportunity to make this right and since you're not doing so and just are offering only me one payment which doesn't help anything with the lemon you guys sold me.
I will be sharing my story from many different avenues and not recommending BMW.

I'm extremely disappointed and very discouraged!

good car
By k john

2011 BMW 3 Series 328i xDrive 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

no complaints

Five years and still going
By Casper

2011 BMW 3 Series 328i 2dr Convertible (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Bought this when I was five years younger and it still is a good car. A couple of repairs all under warranty, nothing major. My roof is 99% water proof, only once or twice a few drops of water noted. I use Hoffman car wash, they do not recommend power wash i.e. the brushless type. Back seat is useable for kids and the occasional adult, need to push the front seats forward for the adults. Fueling, use the newer slim pumps, or you will stand there a long time to fuel to max because the auto shut off kicks in frequently. Still get lots of looks when the top is down!

It died on me
By Martijn

2011 BMW 3 Series 335i xDrive 2dr Coupe AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

I loved my 2011 335i x-drive from the moment I saw it; black out side, red inside, manual transmission, fun to drive up the canyon to my house. Bought is at 60k 10 months ago. Until two weeks ago; ticking noise in the morning, car died in the afternoon. Towed to BMW rap; new engine needed, will cost 25k. Hoping it can be re-built, but this is about the same cost I owe on it, so I can't even get rid of the car. BMWs are fun and beautiful when they work, but the maintenance is a serious risk to your solvency, or at least to mine.