2011 BMW 3 Series Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 3 Series model:
Great but small
By dbruce1112 on 08/19/11 20:43 PM (PDT)

2011 BMW 3 Series Sedan 335i xDrive 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

Just traded in my new 2011 BMW 328xi for a TL. BMW has awesome ride, but real small. I'm 6' tall 230 lbs. Very cramped for my long commute every day. Back seat was too small for even my kids. My 4'10 8 year old even had a tough time getting comfortable in the back. Forget it when it came to work associates.....way too small for any lengthy ride. If you want the classic sports car ride....this is it. Like a zipper on the road...but you need to be smaller or sacrifice the comfort for the fun.

service really isn't free
By car876 on 08/13/11 15:12 PM (PDT)

2011 BMW 3 Series Sedan 335i xDrive 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

i have owned multiple bmw's , and we currently own 3. they handle great . there are 4 things i think bmw should address : 1. they advertise free service, but that is a joke/scam. they really don't do much, because they say the car doesn't need any service. they used to change oil at 15,000 miles. now they say the car can go 25,000 miles and for low mileage cars they used to change oil once a year. now they won't . the oil hasn't changed, just their policy. 2. options cost a lot, and should be included, such as the swing down side mirror when in reverse. 3. repairs cost a lot, like battery at $500. 4. run-flats are fine, but there should be a spare also, and there isn't

powerful in any gear
By i_heart_bmw on 03/06/11 13:12 PM (PST)

2011 BMW 3 Series Sedan 335i xDrive 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

This is my 48 hr review of the car. I have only had it 2 days I can only rate it based on my current experience. I have owned a '98 328i and a '05 330ix, both I have loved. Both manual trans and were extremely reliable. I would highly suggest getting a manual to take advantage of the torque curve. The automatic, though fine, lags a little bit in my opinion because it wants to downshift if you stomp on the accelerator. In a manual, with the 300 fps starting at 1200 rpms, you have the power to climb a hill in any gear so you don't necessarily have to down shift. I bought this with nearly every package and option available. Definitely buy this with the M sports package.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2011 BMW 3 Series Sedan in VA is:

$131 per month*