Used 2011 BMW 3 Series 328i xDrive Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific 3 Series model:

2011 328i Xdrive
By oakleyg

2011 BMW 3 Series Sedan 328i xDrive 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Replaced my 2010 BMW 5 Series. Was concerned about the smaller vehicle. The 5 Series is a great car, the 3 series is an amazing driver's car. Had several 3 series through the 90s all fun to drive. BMW still finds a way to cut costs; small and annoying things. Turn signal in 2010 5 series had a three blink feature with one-touch, not in the 3, just a feature I became accustom to. No folding rear seat, apparently an option. No rear camera; strange miss from a company that claims active and passive safety. Al-in-all just a blast to drive. Comfortable, gas mileage not too good. Been getting 24MPG highway.

- Driving experience - Seating comfort - Heated seats and steering wheel - Style - Interior materials

- Rear view camera - Folding rear seat should be standard - One-Touch 3 blink turn signal should be standard - Blue tooth media streaming - Dump the run flat tires

Another BMW 328 xdrive w/ Nav
By nick831

2011 BMW 3 Series Sedan 328i xDrive 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

This is my 4th BMW. Had 2,3series, one x3, and one 5series. The 3 series is my favorite to drive. I can't imagine driving anything else. Once you drive one you will be hooked. There is no car that drives like it. I have tried them all.

The new nav system is much better an improved than the previous verison with the CD in the drive. Th whole menu with the navigation is excellent.

cup holders are annoying. But your don't need to drink and drive.

My first, but definitely not last, BMW
By newbeemer

2011 BMW 3 Series Sedan 328i xDrive 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Picked up my first BMW a week ago. I got the 2011 328i (X-Drive, w/Nav). Coming from an Acura TSX, I don't know how I have been driving any other car. This car begs to be driven and it begs even more to hug corners. After my lease is up I am definitely getting another BMW - truly the Ultimate Driving Machine. Drive one and you'll understand why they picked that slogan. I barely feel the car accelerate. The interior is well organized and very well thought out. Although, I'm not a fan of the driver's cup holder, but that's just being nit-picky. There isn't much storage room on the front as the glove box is small and the center console is also small. Again, these are minor to me.

I can't describe how amazing this car feels to drive. There is definitely a major difference in the feel. I test drove the Acura TL, Audi A4, Lexus IS and a few others in the class and there seriously is no comparison. The iDrive is easy to use and pretty self explanatory. BMW's leases offer coverage on everything (wipers, oil changes etc.) which is a huge factor. It covers everything except the tires. I did purchase the tire and rim protection since I live in a city and hitting a pothole could really be a possibility. Supposedly the tires/rim are very very expensive to replace.

Maybe some more storage room in the front. One thing my TSX had was the ability to unlock all the doors once I shifted the car to PARK. Not the case here. Again, very minor and that's just me trying to find something wrong with this car. It is absolutely amazing.

First Time BMW Owner
By jhreviews

2011 BMW 3 Series Sedan 328i xDrive 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

As a first time owner of a BMW, the car has great performance and handling. If you are looking for a car that has best in class handling this car is for you. I test drove the competition, Lexus, Mercedes, Infinity and Audi nothing compares to the BMW. It has a quiet interior and no rattles or other annoying noises. If you have kids which I do the back seats have enough room and comfort for a day trip. I selected Premium Package, cold weather package and Xenon adaptive headlights. I passed on the Navigation system, it is not worth the extra 2k in my opinion. I think there are plenty of navigation choices with today's smartphones.

I think Performance and Handling make this car the "Ultimate Driving Machine". There is simply no other car that handles better than the BMW 3 Series. If you have some extra cash though get the Xenon headlights, they are awesome and well worth the extra money. Especially if you like to drive on back country roads at night. Brakes work well and stop almost on a dime.

Yes, there are improvements to be made because no car is perfect. The cup holders need to be re-designed and placed in the console where they belong. Bring back the backseat storage net. Another knock is there needs to be more power outlets for families w/kids and portable game systems. Complicated iDrive system with joystick control. BMW has the handling and performance what they lack is value for your money

Awesome car
By bboston1724

2011 BMW 3 Series Sedan 328i xDrive 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Second BMW 328i xdrive. Love the way it handles, the sound of the 6 cylinder, comfy seats. It does everything and does it well. I just hope they keep the 3 series spirit in the redesign. Also i have noticed some de-contenting of equipment: seat back packets, covered ash tray, unfinished bin in the trunk, no ski bag, no flashlight in glovebox. Little things, but still for the price you pay...

Engine, seats, suspension, body, looks, practicality, gas mileage, transmission, iDrive, warranty, maintenance package, BMW assist, MyInfo

More storage space up front, bring back the flashlight, hopefully BMW doesn't make the new F30 heavier, bigger, slower, more "luxurious".