2011 BMW 3 Series Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 3 Series model:
2011 328i Xdrive
By oakleyg on 11/19/14 20:06 PM (PST)

2011 BMW 3 Series Sedan 328i xDrive 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Replaced my 2010 BMW 5 Series. Was concerned about the smaller vehicle. The 5 Series is a great car, the 3 series is an amazing driver's car. Had several 3 series through the 90s all fun to drive. BMW still finds a way to cut costs; small and annoying things. Turn signal in 2010 5 series had a three blink feature with one-touch, not in the 3, just a feature I became accustom to. No folding rear seat, apparently an option. No rear camera; strange miss from a company that claims active and passive safety. Al-in-all just a blast to drive. Comfortable, gas mileage not too good. Been getting 24MPG highway.

Another BMW 328 xdrive w/ Nav
By nick831 on 01/09/12 11:35 AM (PST)

2011 BMW 3 Series Sedan 328i xDrive 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

This is my 4th BMW. Had 2,3series, one x3, and one 5series. The 3 series is my favorite to drive. I can't imagine driving anything else. Once you drive one you will be hooked. There is no car that drives like it. I have tried them all.

My first, but definitely not last, BMW
By newbeemer on 11/29/11 07:11 AM (PST)

2011 BMW 3 Series Sedan 328i xDrive 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Picked up my first BMW a week ago. I got the 2011 328i (X-Drive, w/Nav). Coming from an Acura TSX, I don't know how I have been driving any other car. This car begs to be driven and it begs even more to hug corners. After my lease is up I am definitely getting another BMW - truly the Ultimate Driving Machine. Drive one and you'll understand why they picked that slogan. I barely feel the car accelerate. The interior is well organized and very well thought out. Although, I'm not a fan of the driver's cup holder, but that's just being nit-picky. There isn't much storage room on the front as the glove box is small and the center console is also small. Again, these are minor to me.

First Time BMW Owner
By jhreviews on 09/24/11 10:31 AM (PDT)

2011 BMW 3 Series Sedan 328i xDrive 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

As a first time owner of a BMW, the car has great performance and handling. If you are looking for a car that has best in class handling this car is for you. I test drove the competition, Lexus, Mercedes, Infinity and Audi nothing compares to the BMW. It has a quiet interior and no rattles or other annoying noises. If you have kids which I do the back seats have enough room and comfort for a day trip. I selected Premium Package, cold weather package and Xenon adaptive headlights. I passed on the Navigation system, it is not worth the extra 2k in my opinion. I think there are plenty of navigation choices with today's smartphones.

Awesome car
By bboston1724 on 09/21/11 11:01 AM (PDT)

2011 BMW 3 Series Sedan 328i xDrive 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Second BMW 328i xdrive. Love the way it handles, the sound of the 6 cylinder, comfy seats. It does everything and does it well. I just hope they keep the 3 series spirit in the redesign. Also i have noticed some de-contenting of equipment: seat back packets, covered ash tray, unfinished bin in the trunk, no ski bag, no flashlight in glovebox. Little things, but still for the price you pay...

328xi with M Package
By ohlala on 09/01/11 19:55 PM (PDT)

2011 BMW 3 Series Sedan 328i xDrive 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Traded my 2004 330xi for a 2011 328i xdrive, SULEV w/ M Package, M Sport, Premium, Nav, Idrive etc., Space Grey with Dakota Black M Leather Sport Seats. Its a sharp looking car that I have gotten many compliments on. It rides like its on rails and cruises at 80+ very nicely. The cup holders are flimsy and its missing nets on the back of the seats, but you buy a BMW for performance and handling not cup holders!

Impressions of a 1st Time Owner
By cdofil on 06/02/11 21:48 PM (PDT)

2011 BMW 3 Series Sedan 328i xDrive 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

As most consumer reviews are from a BMW fan, often the focus are more of the "Driving Experience" and "the engines". I will try to fill-in a little more details of my first impressions from the perspective of a first time owner. But due to the 700 character limitation of the review form, just follow through my comments for my detailed experiences. Please note that my rating does not include safety features that the car offers which I believe Edmunds.com should have placed such category.

The Ultimate driving machine
By qali on 02/20/11 13:54 PM (PST)

2011 BMW 3 Series Sedan 328i xDrive 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Just picked up a new 2011 automatic Space Grey auto with premium sound, premium package. First the negatives. BMW removed the ashtray and the accompanying charger/socket and replaced it with an open cavity. Not sure if I liked that idea as now all the junk/coins etc are visible. The car looks and feels oozing with performance and luxury.

Almost perfect, but ...
By mwomack11 on 12/24/10 19:42 PM (PST)

2011 BMW 3 Series Sedan 328i xDrive 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Great car, my first BMW, but glaring points when compared to comparable and less comparable sedans. 1. Cup holders are awful! This is a nut that everyone else cracked a decade ago and in the 3 series the front seat cup holders are poorly placed and of limited use. 2. Car alarm. Should be standard, not an option. 3. Key fob makes it too easy to push the trunk button when removing from ignition. Negatives are done, here's the positives. I've owned 5 different cars over the last 10 years, SUV to sportster convertible. I've never seen a perfect car. The BMW 3 series is about as close as I think you can get for this size sedan. Great ride, engine, fun, MPG, luxury, etc. Very happy with my car!

It IS the "Ultimate Driving Machine"...
By Polluxgold on 10/21/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2011 BMW 3 Series Sedan 328i xDrive 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Overall, I'm very pleased with my mew BMW. Iíve owned/driven BMWs before and reliability and performance is kept year after year. This time I gave careful consideration and despite all reviews, my order of preference remained: 328ix, A4 and C350, all of them superb, but BMW handling is unbeatable. Sticks to the road like a shadow (despite of all that you can hear, BMW hugs the road better than A4). 328ix is fast and responsive, no lagging. Interior is classy indeed, though sound system quality was lowered and it can certainly use the alarm as a default option, aside from that, I just look forward to move from places just in order to drive it over and over!

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2011 BMW 3 Series Sedan in VA is:

$141 per month*