Used 2011 BMW 3 Series 328i Sedan Consumer Reviews - 15 Car Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific 3 Series model:

2011 3 Series Rocks
By Jim

2011 BMW 3 Series Sedan 328i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Car is awesome all around. From performance to design, I love it. I think that the new BMW's design is lacking compared to the 2011. My nav is built into dash, everything flows, just clean lines. Performance is awesome, super fast and great handling. I have owned car for 5 years now and zero repairs, just routine care, nothing else. I would recommend this to anyone. I also got the extended warranty so I pay zero for maintenance. I would go with older BMW over new just due to design, I think the new ones look ugly compared to past years.
Resale is great, my car holds value better than most.

New to Me BMW
By Tony

Awesome car
By D Whit

2011 BMW 3 Series Sedan 328i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

What a fun car to drive! After 5 years I still love it!

Cool 328i M Sport 1 year update
By zoolander1

1 year/15k miles update.
Still loving the car. Haven't had a single issue with it. It's mostly driven by my wife but on weekends I do the driving on usually 300 miles round trips.
Everything still works as it should. A few months ago the driver's side front door wasn't unlocking with the remote. It happened for a few days and voila! It went away on its own. (?)
I definitely recommend this car for someone who likes the 3 series driving dynamics but wants to save a buck by buying used.
I'm not in love with the navy but I never use it as I rather use my phone. The premium sound system is amazing, specially when playing from the hard drive. The HD radio is annoying as it bounces in and out of it.

I'm probably going to keep it for another year and see how it holds up by then.

The 3 series is a "buyers car". BMW sells so many of them that they flood the used car market at a fraction of their original MSRP.
I found an excellent conditioned M Sport package still under CPO warranty for 2 more years and/or 40k miles for less than half of it's original MSRP, had 59k miles on the odometer but otherwise a near perfect car.
In addition to the M Sport package, it also has the convenience and premium packages, so it is almost top of the line.

Nice car ruined by severe engine breaking - this is for sedan with auto transmission Edmunds does not have a selection for auto transmission
By jeffzx

2011 BMW 3 Series Sedan 328i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Problem with the 328i Steptronic Auto Transmission is the harsh engine breaking when you let up on the gas. At slow speeds, and especially in stop- and-go traffic, the heavy engine braking is enough to get many nauseous as the car does not easily coast to a stop.
I have never gotten car sick while driving, but with this car if I drive it in heavy traffic for 30 minutes or so I will get car sick. A BMW Expert told me "I have had a few customers tell me the same thing so I am not surprised of noticing the engine braking."

Further, the car emits a very high-pitch sound for about 45 seconds every time you open or close any door or the trunk.

Finally, the run flat tires give a harsh ride.

I-Drive is great; infact, the whole naviation system is fine. The stereo sytem is great. The car handles well, and has nice fit and finish. Great looking car, but small if used to driving a mid-size car.

Get rid of the harsh engine breaking! Especially noticeable in heavy traffic, the car feels "tight" due to the engine breaking every time you let up on the gas. The engine breaking is more noticeable and slow speeds. Also, very noticeable when going up a parking garage. I would suggest anybody test driving this car try driving up to the top of a parking garage a few time, and in heavy traffic for at least 20-30 minutes. If you are a person who tends to get car sick as a passenger, watch out!! Option for non-run flat tires. Sidewalls so stiff that ride is harsh ride over time. Eliminate high-pitch noise! You will not notice this until you purchase the car and park it in your garage!