2011 BMW 3 Series Diesel - Consumer Reviews

335d 3.0L 6-cyl. Turbo Diesel 6-speed Automatic - (14 reviews )
Love This Car
By luckylamour on 12/27/11 16:51 PM (PST)

2011 BMW 3 Series Diesel 335d 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl Turbodiesel 6A)

After selling my 2005 M3 Convertible, I didn't think I would own another BMW that was as fun to drive, and to blow rice rockets off the line. Not to mention the fantastic sport seats, and unbeatable MPG (I average 39 on the highway). Not to mention a wide array of great technology, MOG, Pandora, and now Yelp. its pretty damn cool. Tasman Green, Oyster Leather.... Love it.

Why wouldn't everyone love exactly this kind of car!
By gazol on 07/15/11 11:44 AM (PDT)

2011 BMW 3 Series Diesel 335d 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl Turbodiesel 6A)

First diesel, 2nd Euro delivery 26MAY2010, 3rd Beemer. Break on price from BMW and dealer reduced price by $9K to $37K. Mine has luxury package, fold down rear seat, standard wheels. Exhilarating propulsion, fabulous handling, 30mpg city & highway @ 80 mph on trips (but pricey fuel), comfortable, no gremlins, & no complaints. I think that folks who won't consider buying a diesel powered car have never driven one! The 335d, to me, is an uptown diesel well-worth the $42K (including taxes, registration, delivery) to put it on the roads in Europe and California. Try it! You'll love it.

Perfection.
By skiddnate on 06/15/11 20:41 PM (PDT)

2011 BMW 3 Series Diesel 335d 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl Turbodiesel 6A)

I've owned my M Sport package equipped 335d since November, 2010, and have found it to be nothing short of automotive excellence. From the fit and finish to the ample power and stellar handling, to its robust infotainment system and numerous amenities, the 335d does it all. While it was at the upper end of my price range, over 9000 miles later, it's been worth every cent. No other car provides the combination of power, fuel economy, and luxury of the 335d. Many manufacturers have fielded numerous examples boasting two of the three, but only BMW achieves the perfect balance of all three.

Addition to my diesel stable
By trdsc2 on 05/25/11 15:42 PM (PDT)

2011 BMW 3 Series Diesel 335d 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl Turbodiesel 6A)

I purchased this car at the end of March and so far have not passed the break in period. I am sold on diesels, already owning a 2009 VW Jetta Sportwagen TDI. The combination of power and super fuel economy is an unbeatable combination. I love every thing about the vehicle except the lack of interior storage (the owners manual case just barely fits in the glove compartment) and the quality of the leather could be a lot better for a car of this price. I find the low end torque truly intoxicating and much prefer it to having to wind the engine up to high RPM's just to get a power launch.

DANG, DIESEL!
By teaguespecial on 04/15/11 08:33 AM (PDT)

2011 BMW 3 Series Diesel 335d 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl Turbodiesel 6A)

This is my second BMW and let's just say I'll never stray from the brand. I sold my '06 330i 6-speed manuel and bought the 335d. This is a great everyday car for anyone who loves to drive. Don't get it if you like driving a Lexus. Boring! This car can fly! Push you back in your seat fly! There's slight lag when you push the accelerator compared to my 330i but when it pulls, hold on tight! Great gas mileage (about 27 city / almost 40 highway). Love the iDrive system. Crystal clear screen w/no glare. Fold down seat a nice plus. Standard sound system sounds great. Sport pkg a must - adds sleeker profile, sport seats, sport steering wheel, etc... highly recommend!

335D 2011
By jrjoseph on 01/11/11 19:48 PM (PST)

2011 BMW 3 Series Diesel 335d 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl Turbodiesel 6A)

My first diesel, and my second BMW. I traded my 530XI for the 335D. Got the sports package, and all the bells and whistles. Drives really well, I am expecting to get a few speeding tickets with this car:) Great car however seems to have one simple flaw, the speedometer is off by 3 Km/H, not much however may have to see the dealer for a fix. I highly recommend this car to anyone, especially if you are on the green track and wont to feel good about not polluting the environment. It's way better than a hybrid, GREAT performance from a reputed mfg. Unfortunately 335D comes at a price, but I can assure you it's all worth it.

WOW
By Mike in LA on 11/01/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2011 BMW 3 Series Diesel 335d 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl Turbodiesel 6A)

I replaced my 2008 328i with a 2011 335d, which I picked up five days ago. When it comes to raw power, this car makes my old 328i seem like a Pirus. The manual says to keep the RPM below 3500 during the first 1200 miles, but this car wants to take off. It doesn't take much of a push on the accelerator to kick in the turbo and pop you head back, and your up to 80!

Diesel Delight!
By Western Philly Burbs on 10/26/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2011 BMW 3 Series Diesel 335d 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl Turbodiesel 6A)

From the German autobahn to the Philly 'burbs, this is a blast to drive. European delivery is really cool - Munich factory tour and driving without speed restrictions, plus a 7% price reduction. The only problem is waiting the 6+ weeks to get the car again in the States (and then staying close to speed limits). This is my first diesel; I highly recommend it (30 mpg+ in suburban driving, too!)

My first BMW
By Usanda on 10/23/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2011 BMW 3 Series Diesel 335d 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl Turbodiesel 6A)

It is my first BMW and I'm planning to keep. Driving is a lot of fun, mileage is about 25 MPG (LA 50/50 street/freeway driving). The only complain that I have is radio, it's awful. Most of the time I get a very bad reception. Sometimes even my CD player would get some interference. Other than that, it is a great car.

Fast, Cool, and Clean
By Northern NJ on 09/29/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2011 BMW 3 Series Diesel 335d 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl Turbodiesel 6A)

Wanted to get a luxury sports sedan that makes an attempt at good gas mileage & clean emissions. I got that and lots more in the 335d. Just a fabulous car that gets a ton of attention. Sports pkg is a must-add, it really upgrades the exterior and brings the BMW sport suspension & seats. Agree with the other reviewer that sport seats are comfortable, but take some getting used to. Easily the fastest car I've ever owned, and just a blast to drive. Bound to get a speeding ticket soon, as it just begs you to tromp on the gas and take off. Got 35 MPG @ avg'ing 80 mph in hwy driving. Avg 28 MPG in aggressive city/hwy driving. Car is beautiful & unique. Have seen only one other 335d on road.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2011 BMW 3 Series Diesel in VA is:

$136 per month*