Used 2011 BMW 3 Series Diesel Consumer Reviews - 17 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2011 BMW 3 Series Diesel - Consumer Reviews

335d 3.0L 6-cyl. Turbo Diesel 6-speed Automatic - (17 reviews )

Diesel Exhaust Tech not ready for prime time
By John Ranalletta

2011 BMW 3 Series Diesel 335d 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl Turbodiesel 6A)

I've driven this '11 335d for nearly 5 years and 100k miles. I love the car but not when the service engine soon light turns on. Usually, it's a fault related to the SCR (diesel exhaust fluid) system issue. Having purchased the 100k BMW warranty, the repairs were covered, except for replacement of the catalytic converter which the dealer stated was not covered. I have to pay $500 labor and the dealer is providing the part. This is not an inexpensive car to own/maintain and I'd likely not buy another BMW diesel even though there's a lot to like about driving one.

My take after 2.5 years
By David

2011 BMW 3 Series Diesel 335d 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl Turbodiesel 6A)

I bought my 2011 335D 2.5 years ago.
It's the best car I've had, and my 4th BMW. It's very strong, handles well, and gets over 30 mpg.
It helps that the dealer in Sarasota has been very easy to work with - in my experience.

Do not invest into BMW!
By Chris

2011 BMW 3 Series Diesel 335d 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl Turbodiesel 6A)

DO NOT INVEST INTO BMW!!!
This company does NOT stand by their word nor treat the customer with respect.

If you have a warranty they will not stand by it. All they want is your money... Heads up!

When you purchase a car that is considered a lemon how many times does somebody have to bring the car in with the same issues? Especially within the week & first year of buying a vehicle?

The 1st week after i bought The car it broke down! With loud and shaky idles, transmission issues, steering issues, bmw has seen the repair history. I'm honestly afraid of what the future holds for this car. I feel my families safety is in jeopardy & this is documentation if anything happens.
Is this something that usually happens & is this a good experience for a BMW owner?

I've brought this car in numerous times within the first year, one of them being within the first week that I bought it.

Did BMW even do the proper screening for this CPO?
Doing my research there are numerous recalls on this car and I feel that the issues directly relate with the problems with this car.

I wanted give bmw every opportunity to make this right and since you're not doing so and just are offering only me one payment which doesn't help anything with the lemon you guys sold me.
I will be sharing my story from many different avenues and not recommending BMW.

I'm extremely disappointed and very discouraged!

Love This Car
By luckylamour

2011 BMW 3 Series Diesel 335d 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl Turbodiesel 6A)

After selling my 2005 M3 Convertible, I didn't think I would own another BMW that was as fun to drive, and to blow rice rockets off the line. Not to mention the fantastic sport seats, and unbeatable MPG (I average 39 on the highway).

Not to mention a wide array of great technology, MOG, Pandora, and now Yelp. its pretty damn cool.

Tasman Green, Oyster Leather....

Love it.

BMW Apps, Torque.

Traffic service through the nav is a bit weak.

Why wouldn't everyone love exactly this kind of car!
By gazol

2011 BMW 3 Series Diesel 335d 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl Turbodiesel 6A)

First diesel, 2nd Euro delivery 26MAY2010, 3rd Beemer.
Break on price from BMW and dealer reduced price by $9K to $37K.
Mine has luxury package, fold down rear seat, standard wheels. Exhilarating propulsion, fabulous handling, 30mpg city & highway @ 80 mph on trips (but pricey fuel), comfortable, no gremlins, & no complaints.
I think that folks who won't consider buying a diesel powered car have never driven one!
The 335d, to me, is an uptown diesel well-worth the $42K (including taxes, registration, delivery) to put it on the roads in Europe and California.

Try it!
You'll love it.

Torque (lots of it!), superb handling, no I-system, quiet ride, fuel efficiency, superb fit and finish, easy to keep clean, smaller diameter wheels (to improve ride), adjustable front seats, and the cup holders. European delivery alone is worth getting one of BMW's contributions to engineering excellence and joyful driving!

Pockets for stuff on back of front seats would be nice. I wish that owner's manual package fit in glove compartment (it doesn't!). I wish that BMW gave info on the use of biodiesel fuels for this engine.