Used 2011 BMW 3 Series 335i Coupe Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2011 BMW 3 Series Coupe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 3 Series model:

The most fun you can have with four wheels
By gruderian

2011 BMW 3 Series Coupe 335i 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

This is almost the perfect driving machine. It is the first car since my new 1970 modified Corvette I actually take out for a drive just for the fun of it. This car is engineering perfection. Easy to drive under any conditions and easy to live with on a day by day basis. Gets unbelievable gas mileage for what it is: 19.2, all city, break-in, stop and go dirving; 24, combined, varying rpm 2000 to 4000 for break-in. Seats are more comfortable by a long shot than those in my 2008 550i. Heater/ air conditioner works much better that 550i. No I-drive, a vast improvement. The drive by wire is a vast improvement over the 550i which always reminded me control was a request, not an order.

The precise way the engine responds. The "you are part of the car" cornering and stopping. Seat comfort and stability. A heater that actually puts heat on my feet. Air conditioning that seems to put cold air where I really want it. Gas mileage for this type of high performance car. A ride far exceeding the one I lived with for three years in the 550i. How it looks from any angle. The precise and tight assembly. Trouble free from the day I drove it off the lot ( 1,340 miles to date ). Living without the I-drive. Common sense interior. Thank you BMW for making the 2011 550i such a drivers performance nightmare. But for that, I would never even thought about this car.

Put back the noise device that alerts me when I lock and unlock the car. Put the cigarette lighter back up front so I do not have to put an extension cord across the seats to run equipment. Make the seat belt holder extend farther forward. A larger trunk would be nice but I do not see how you can do it. Get rid of those Bridgestone run flats and replace them with the Michlens. Make the trunk open all the way when unlocked and put something on the back to make it close easier. More glove compartment storage space would be nice. Install a CD player that will hold more than one disc. Find a better looking wheel (M sport package). I bought new ones to keep up with how good the car looks

Lots of fun. But often not working?
By gottabmorecareful

2011 BMW 3 Series Coupe 335i 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

First let me say, this car is the most fun you can have. Even on the days you drive the speed limit! Equally capable cruising the highway or city driving. I get around 30/mpg highway. Exterior is a head- Turner and I get lots of compliments around town. Nice interior with great improvements to idrive/navigation. Cup holders are still horrible. But if you buy a BMW for the functionality of the cup holders, you are wrong! I really just have one major complaint. I've driven less than 3500 miles and my baby is already in the shop! It appears the mysterious fuel pump "gremlins" continue to plague the 335! Frustrating isn't even the word! Makes me think I should have got a c63 instead?

Performance is awesome! Nothing drives like a BMW and this car will have you smiling like a kid in the candy store! Love the updates to idrive. Navigation w/real time traffic display, interactive map, hard-drive storage. Easily the best looking coupe on the road! New lights are a nice touch too!

Fix the high pressure fuel pump! This is the 2nd 335 I've owned. Previously had a '08 335 (I'm a glutton for punishment) and had faith/assumed that BMW would have worked this issue out after 4 years! But of course you know what happens when you "assume". C'mon BMW, don't make me buy a Mercedes!