Used 2011 BMW 3 Series Coupe Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2011 BMW 3 Series Coupe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 3 Series model:

It died on me
By Martijn

2011 BMW 3 Series Coupe 335i xDrive 2dr Coupe AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

I loved my 2011 335i x-drive from the moment I saw it; black out side, red inside, manual transmission, fun to drive up the canyon to my house. Bought is at 60k 10 months ago. Until two weeks ago; ticking noise in the morning, car died in the afternoon. Towed to BMW rap; new engine needed, will cost 25k. Hoping it can be re-built, but this is about the same cost I owe on it, so I can't even get rid of the car. BMWs are fun and beautiful when they work, but the maintenance is a serious risk to your solvency, or at least to mine.

In love with this car
By matthew417

2011 BMW 3 Series Coupe 328i 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Just picked up my new 2011 328i yesterday with M Sport Package and I have already put over 100 miles on the car. This is a car you just want to keep driving. It is so incredibly smooth it is amazing. The M sport package is well worth it... changes the look and feel of the car. This is my 3rd BMW and has to be my favorite one of all. It has a premium feel to it. The inline 6 engine has plenty of power to it.

M sport package, Harman Kardon Sound well worth the $$$, LED corona rings and tail lights, interior orange glowing lights under the doors, sport seats are amazing, large trunk size and roomy front seats, bamboo anthricite wood trim, the steering wheel with the M package. Almost everything about the car!

The car does need an electronics update and interior re-design but the current car is amazing. The fuel economy could be better but the engine is powerful and smooth so all considered not bad.

The most fun you can have with four wheels
By gruderian

2011 BMW 3 Series Coupe 335i 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

This is almost the perfect driving machine. It is the first car since my new 1970 modified Corvette I actually take out for a drive just for the fun of it. This car is engineering perfection. Easy to drive under any conditions and easy to live with on a day by day basis. Gets unbelievable gas mileage for what it is: 19.2, all city, break-in, stop and go dirving; 24, combined, varying rpm 2000 to 4000 for break-in. Seats are more comfortable by a long shot than those in my 2008 550i. Heater/ air conditioner works much better that 550i. No I-drive, a vast improvement. The drive by wire is a vast improvement over the 550i which always reminded me control was a request, not an order.

The precise way the engine responds. The "you are part of the car" cornering and stopping. Seat comfort and stability. A heater that actually puts heat on my feet. Air conditioning that seems to put cold air where I really want it. Gas mileage for this type of high performance car. A ride far exceeding the one I lived with for three years in the 550i. How it looks from any angle. The precise and tight assembly. Trouble free from the day I drove it off the lot ( 1,340 miles to date ). Living without the I-drive. Common sense interior. Thank you BMW for making the 2011 550i such a drivers performance nightmare. But for that, I would never even thought about this car.

Put back the noise device that alerts me when I lock and unlock the car. Put the cigarette lighter back up front so I do not have to put an extension cord across the seats to run equipment. Make the seat belt holder extend farther forward. A larger trunk would be nice but I do not see how you can do it. Get rid of those Bridgestone run flats and replace them with the Michlens. Make the trunk open all the way when unlocked and put something on the back to make it close easier. More glove compartment storage space would be nice. Install a CD player that will hold more than one disc. Find a better looking wheel (M sport package). I bought new ones to keep up with how good the car looks

Beautiful, fun ride
By van_dine

2011 BMW 3 Series Coupe 328i 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

As a longtime owner of Lexus cars and former writer who has reviewed their share of autos, I looked at BMW, Audi, and Lexus to choose from (Audi= sketchy reliability history; performance not yet on par w/others; Lexus=overall good cars but no styles of late that get my blood going). The BMW 3 series couple always had my attention and the 328 couple I purchased does not disappoint. It hangs well on S-curves and braking power is amazing. The body is sturdy and interior is simple yet timeless. Pros: Total driving joy Superficial Factor: I have received more compliments on this car than any other Cons: The cup holders can make some drinks jumpy but with respect to the total car, can forgive it

Bearing Noise
By jim_l

2011 BMW 3 Series Coupe 328i 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Overall, I the 328i Coupe with the M Sports package is a great car. It handles great and the design/look of the car, I feel is awesome. The only complaint I have is a fairly loud bearing noise (sounds like power steering). I brought this back to the dealer and was advised it is normal, but I find it a very annoying. I tend to focus on the noise every time I start the car. Other than that, it is a great car.

• SUV