2011 BMW 3 Series Coupe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 3 Series model:
In love with this car
By matthew417 on 08/02/11 21:46 PM (PDT)

2011 BMW 3 Series Coupe 328i 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Just picked up my new 2011 328i yesterday with M Sport Package and I have already put over 100 miles on the car. This is a car you just want to keep driving. It is so incredibly smooth it is amazing. The M sport package is well worth it... changes the look and feel of the car. This is my 3rd BMW and has to be my favorite one of all. It has a premium feel to it. The inline 6 engine has plenty of power to it.

The most fun you can have with four wheels
By gruderian on 05/21/11 18:16 PM (PDT)

2011 BMW 3 Series Coupe 335i 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

This is almost the perfect driving machine. It is the first car since my new 1970 modified Corvette I actually take out for a drive just for the fun of it. This car is engineering perfection. Easy to drive under any conditions and easy to live with on a day by day basis. Gets unbelievable gas mileage for what it is: 19.2, all city, break-in, stop and go dirving; 24, combined, varying rpm 2000 to 4000 for break-in. Seats are more comfortable by a long shot than those in my 2008 550i. Heater/ air conditioner works much better that 550i. No I-drive, a vast improvement. The drive by wire is a vast improvement over the 550i which always reminded me control was a request, not an order.

Beautiful, fun ride
By van_dine on 04/16/11 11:00 AM (PDT)

2011 BMW 3 Series Coupe 328i 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

As a longtime owner of Lexus cars and former writer who has reviewed their share of autos, I looked at BMW, Audi, and Lexus to choose from (Audi= sketchy reliability history; performance not yet on par w/others; Lexus=overall good cars but no styles of late that get my blood going). The BMW 3 series couple always had my attention and the 328 couple I purchased does not disappoint. It hangs well on S-curves and braking power is amazing. The body is sturdy and interior is simple yet timeless. Pros: Total driving joy Superficial Factor: I have received more compliments on this car than any other Cons: The cup holders can make some drinks jumpy but with respect to the total car, can forgive it

Bearing Noise
By jim_l on 02/04/11 12:42 PM (PST)

2011 BMW 3 Series Coupe 328i 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Overall, I the 328i Coupe with the M Sports package is a great car. It handles great and the design/look of the car, I feel is awesome. The only complaint I have is a fairly loud bearing noise (sounds like power steering). I brought this back to the dealer and was advised it is normal, but I find it a very annoying. I tend to focus on the noise every time I start the car. Other than that, it is a great car.

Nice car, but not perfect
By UncleCarl on 11/21/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2011 BMW 3 Series Coupe 328i xDrive 2dr Coupe AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I like the seats, the xdrive system, idrive, etc., though there could be more storage space in the cabin. I recently got 28mpg on a trip with three adults and bags. My speedometer however reads 4-5 mph high at 70 mph, and BMW has told me that that is well within their acceptable range. I don't think I should have to resort to using a free iPhone app or GPS device to determine how fast I'm going when I dropped 45K on a car. This situation is apparently prevalent on BMWs.

Lots of fun. But often not working?
By gottabmorecareful on 10/24/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2011 BMW 3 Series Coupe 335i 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

First let me say, this car is the most fun you can have. Even on the days you drive the speed limit! Equally capable cruising the highway or city driving. I get around 30/mpg highway. Exterior is a head- Turner and I get lots of compliments around town. Nice interior with great improvements to idrive/navigation. Cup holders are still horrible. But if you buy a BMW for the functionality of the cup holders, you are wrong! I really just have one major complaint. I've driven less than 3500 miles and my baby is already in the shop! It appears the mysterious fuel pump "gremlins" continue to plague the 335! Frustrating isn't even the word! Makes me think I should have got a c63 instead?

328i M package
By NewBMW on 10/07/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2011 BMW 3 Series Coupe 328i 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I just got a 328i coupe with M- package. First BMW. I was considering an A5 and I used to drive a CLK. Overall I'm very happy with the car. Of course, the 335 packs a bigger punch, but the 328 has great kick off the line and the handling with the M steering/suspension is superb! The interior is very chic. The navigation is very up to date (traffic, different views, etc.). Media system is also great. I can't stand the lag that audi's have! I'd take the performance of this car over an S5 even. The speakers could be better. Overall, this car is beautiful, handles amazingly, has good performance and just feels great driving it. If you can negotiate a good deal, BMW is hard to beat!

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2011 BMW 3 Series Coupe in VA is:

$143 per month*