Used 2011 BMW 3 Series 328i Convertible Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific 3 Series model:

Terrible Car and Poor Service
By dee134

2011 BMW 3 Series Convertible 328i 2dr Convertible (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Do not buy a BMW convertible because they leak water. BMW Engineers stated it is normal for all convertible tops to leak. They don't disclose this information before you buy it. BMW corporate office has terrible service don't expect a phone call returned to you.

Favorite Features

none

Suggested Improvements

BMW needs to stop making hard top convertible because clearly they don't know how to build them.

After a 3year lease happy to turn it in
By phillydad

2011 BMW 3 Series Convertible 328i 2dr Convertible (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

This car is about it's looks and the young feel, when you drive it. Beyond this I am NOT happy at all and will not buy this or any other BMW. Within only 34 month I had to replace 6 tires and repair the wheels twice. The run flat tires are a disaster, unrepairable and they destroy the wheels. Maybe good for the German Autobahn but not for everyday American streets. The navigation and entertainment system is very cumbersome an even after 3 years many functions a mystery to me. The electric works at it's own will like windows rolling up and down without your command. At lease end they will nickel an dime you to make another buck. I have decided to turn to Mercedes Benz....

Favorite Features

The looks are good. Topless drive feeling is great.

Suggested Improvements

BMW needs to get rid of the run flat tires, have their software reprogrammed and revisit their electric layout and reliability.

Amazing Drive..Erognomically just ok
By khiladi

see below

Favorite Features

The speed pick-up, the handling/suspension and that the hard top comes down with remote. Handling is far better than other luxury cars. Meaning I can never make the turns at the speed I do with this BMW in another car like Infiniiti (only other luxury car I have experirence with).

Suggested Improvements

The seat is way too short on the legs. I am close to 6 ft tall and my legs get tired. Had i known this, I would have paid extra for the longer seat - besides its ridiculous you have to pay an extra thousand dollars for a more comfortable seat. The sound system is poor - I have had a Honda and Infiniti before and the standard sound system they provide are much much better quality than BMW's, courtesy Altec and Bose, respectively. I really wish BMW invested a bit more in the sound quality because that is very important to me. They do have a premium sound package which the dealer never told me about. Navigation is simply pathetic , unintuitive, not user friendly.

great car
By tommyycar

2011 BMW 3 Series Convertible 328i 2dr Convertible (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Just had to report that our 2010 328 convertible averaged 32 MPG driving up and down through the mountains of West Virginia. In addition to being great in every other way, It's an economy car! Who Knew? I will be thrilled if the 2012 X5 I have on the way pleasantly surprises us with this kind of gas mileage.

Favorite Features

Just a well built car. Amazingly virtually no wind noise with top up. MUCH quiter than the 2008 Lexus LS I'm trading for teh X5.

Suggested Improvements

Really nothing.

The Ultimate Driving Machine
By Ed

2011 BMW 3 Series Convertible 328i 2dr Convertible (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

After driving this car I'll never buy anything but a BMW. I see why it's called the ultimate driving machine. This car is such a joy to drive, it's good on gas and has more features than every previous car I've ever owned put together. Every week I would find a new feature I didn't know it had. The salesman should learn more about them, he knew nothing. I could sell this car to anyone that can afford the payment.

Favorite Features

Auto dimming rear view mirror, retractable hard top, heated seats and steering wheel, power seat memory feature tied to individual keys, head lights that turn with the tight turns.

Suggested Improvements

The ipod control interface could be greatly improved. If you back out of an artist you have to go back to select all genres, all artists to change. Kind of a pain. Make the nav screen a touch screen for a faster way to control navigation and/or ipod.