Used 2011 BMW 3 Series Convertible Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2011 BMW 3 Series Convertible - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 3 Series model:

Five years and still going
By Casper

2011 BMW 3 Series Convertible 328i 2dr Convertible (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Bought this when I was five years younger and it still is a good car. A couple of repairs all under warranty, nothing major. My roof is 99% water proof, only once or twice a few drops of water noted. I use Hoffman car wash, they do not recommend power wash i.e. the brushless type. Back seat is useable for kids and the occasional adult, need to push the front seats forward for the adults. Fueling, use the newer slim pumps, or you will stand there a long time to fuel to max because the auto shut off kicks in frequently. Still get lots of looks when the top is down!

Terrible Car and Poor Service
By dee134

2011 BMW 3 Series Convertible 328i 2dr Convertible (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Do not buy a BMW convertible because they leak water. BMW Engineers stated it is normal for all convertible tops to leak. They don't disclose this information before you buy it. BMW corporate office has terrible service don't expect a phone call returned to you.

none

BMW needs to stop making hard top convertible because clearly they don't know how to build them.

After a 3year lease happy to turn it in
By phillydad

2011 BMW 3 Series Convertible 328i 2dr Convertible (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

This car is about it's looks and the young feel, when you drive it. Beyond this I am NOT happy at all and will not buy this or any other BMW. Within only 34 month I had to replace 6 tires and repair the wheels twice. The run flat tires are a disaster, unrepairable and they destroy the wheels. Maybe good for the German Autobahn but not for everyday American streets. The navigation and entertainment system is very cumbersome an even after 3 years many functions a mystery to me. The electric works at it's own will like windows rolling up and down without your command. At lease end they will nickel an dime you to make another buck. I have decided to turn to Mercedes Benz....

The looks are good. Topless drive feeling is great.

BMW needs to get rid of the run flat tires, have their software reprogrammed and revisit their electric layout and reliability.

Amazing Drive..Erognomically just ok
By khiladi

see below

The speed pick-up, the handling/suspension and that the hard top comes down with remote. Handling is far better than other luxury cars. Meaning I can never make the turns at the speed I do with this BMW in another car like Infiniiti (only other luxury car I have experirence with).

The seat is way too short on the legs. I am close to 6 ft tall and my legs get tired. Had i known this, I would have paid extra for the longer seat - besides its ridiculous you have to pay an extra thousand dollars for a more comfortable seat. The sound system is poor - I have had a Honda and Infiniti before and the standard sound system they provide are much much better quality than BMW's, courtesy Altec and Bose, respectively. I really wish BMW invested a bit more in the sound quality because that is very important to me. They do have a premium sound package which the dealer never told me about. Navigation is simply pathetic , unintuitive, not user friendly.

great car
By tommyycar

2011 BMW 3 Series Convertible 328i 2dr Convertible (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Just had to report that our 2010 328 convertible averaged 32 MPG driving up and down through the mountains of West Virginia. In addition to being great in every other way, It's an economy car! Who Knew? I will be thrilled if the 2012 X5 I have on the way pleasantly surprises us with this kind of gas mileage.

Just a well built car. Amazingly virtually no wind noise with top up. MUCH quiter than the 2008 Lexus LS I'm trading for teh X5.

Really nothing.