Used 2011 BMW 3 Series 335i xDrive Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific 3 Series model:

Great but small
By dbruce1112

2011 BMW 3 Series 335i xDrive 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

Just traded in my new 2011 BMW 328xi for a TL. BMW has awesome ride, but real small. I'm 6' tall 230 lbs. Very cramped for my long commute every day. Back seat was too small for even my kids. My 4'10 8 year old even had a tough time getting comfortable in the back. Forget it when it came to work associates.....way too small for any lengthy ride. If you want the classic sports car ride....this is it. Like a zipper on the road...but you need to be smaller or sacrifice the comfort for the fun.

Favorite Features

Ride, quietness.

Suggested Improvements

Power port should be more accessible.

service really isn't free
By car876

2011 BMW 3 Series 335i xDrive 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

i have owned multiple bmw's , and we currently own 3. they handle great . there are 4 things i think bmw should address : 1. they advertise free service, but that is a joke/scam. they really don't do much, because they say the car doesn't need any service. they used to change oil at 15,000 miles. now they say the car can go 25,000 miles and for low mileage cars they used to change oil once a year. now they won't . the oil hasn't changed, just their policy. 2. options cost a lot, and should be included, such as the swing down side mirror when in reverse. 3. repairs cost a lot, like battery at $500. 4. run-flats are fine, but there should be a spare also, and there isn't

Favorite Features

handling and comfort.

Suggested Improvements

options add 7 to 10,000 to the car. bmw should lower cost and include more standard items, such as fold down rear seat (to extend trunk). Run flat tires are a nice idea but the car should have a spare tire. to get a new battery, you HAVE to go to dealer, and it costs $500. very high cost for parts and labor should be addressed, such as a wheel bearing at $500. this is much more than other car companies. service should be "free" it that is what they advertise. i have had to pay for oil changes, because they won't do it once a year on low mileage car. also, they say coolant is lifetime. nobody else has lifetime coolant. they used to change it every 3 years or so.

powerful in any gear
By i_heart_bmw

2011 BMW 3 Series 335i xDrive 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

This is my 48 hr review of the car. I have only had it 2 days I can only rate it based on my current experience. I have owned a '98 328i and a '05 330ix, both I have loved. Both manual trans and were extremely reliable. I would highly suggest getting a manual to take advantage of the torque curve. The automatic, though fine, lags a little bit in my opinion because it wants to downshift if you stomp on the accelerator. In a manual, with the 300 fps starting at 1200 rpms, you have the power to climb a hill in any gear so you don't necessarily have to down shift. I bought this with nearly every package and option available. Definitely buy this with the M sports package.

Favorite Features

The I drive system is very intricate. It greatly improves a drivers experience and you can fine tune how the car operates down to the chirp with the door unlocks. But there is a learning curve to it, take your time to get to know it. The blue tooth is very nice. I use a Droid 2 and I just have to enter the car with my phone and it automatically pairs up. The M sports package with the improved steering wheel makes for a very comfortable and confident steering feel. The bucket seats hug me perfectly and I don't slide around in a tight turn. The short shift kit it comes with is wonderful Comfort access, I just have to touch the door handle to enter or lock the door. Power and handling.

Suggested Improvements

The I drive is very intricate. I have not compared it to another vehicle by personal use, but observationally it seems they could improves this via a touch screen display. Other than that as I have only been using it for 2 days, I am just getting used to how it operates and I am sure I will be just as happy with the way the UI stands as it is. After TTL I paid 66k for this car. Mind you I added pretty much every option, including a mechanical rear sun shade. You can find this for a lot less and if you do not need to finely tune an experience, drop the I drive, the convenience packages. I did add the extended mechanical warranty as well. Without the warranty and tax it listed out at 57k