Used 2011 BMW 3 Series 328i Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

Most Helpful|
328i M package
By NewBMW

2011 BMW 3 Series 328i 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I just got a 328i coupe with M- package. First BMW. I was considering an A5 and I used to drive a CLK. Overall I'm very happy with the car. Of course, the 335 packs a bigger punch, but the 328 has great kick off the line and the handling with the M steering/suspension is superb! The interior is very chic. The navigation is very up to date (traffic, different views, etc.). Media system is also great. I can't stand the lag that audi's have! I'd take the performance of this car over an S5 even. The speakers could be better. Overall, this car is beautiful, handles amazingly, has good performance and just feels great driving it. If you can negotiate a good deal, BMW is hard to beat!

Favorite Features

Look of the M-package body kit. Quick off the line. Navigation system is sweet! HID (eyes are the window to the soul) light in front are a huge head turner

Suggested Improvements

Alarm system should be standard. No panic button or even a sound when you lock/unlock doors. Sound system can be improved. Get rid of the overpriced run flat tires!

Bearing Noise
By jim_l

2011 BMW 3 Series 328i 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Overall, I the 328i Coupe with the M Sports package is a great car. It handles great and the design/look of the car, I feel is awesome. The only complaint I have is a fairly loud bearing noise (sounds like power steering). I brought this back to the dealer and was advised it is normal, but I find it a very annoying. I tend to focus on the noise every time I start the car. Other than that, it is a great car.

Beautiful, fun ride
By van_dine

2011 BMW 3 Series 328i 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

As a longtime owner of Lexus cars and former writer who has reviewed their share of autos, I looked at BMW, Audi, and Lexus to choose from (Audi= sketchy reliability history; performance not yet on par w/others; Lexus=overall good cars but no styles of late that get my blood going). The BMW 3 series couple always had my attention and the 328 couple I purchased does not disappoint. It hangs well on S-curves and braking power is amazing. The body is sturdy and interior is simple yet timeless. Pros: Total driving joy Superficial Factor: I have received more compliments on this car than any other Cons: The cup holders can make some drinks jumpy but with respect to the total car, can forgive it

In love with this car
By matthew417

2011 BMW 3 Series 328i 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Just picked up my new 2011 328i yesterday with M Sport Package and I have already put over 100 miles on the car. This is a car you just want to keep driving. It is so incredibly smooth it is amazing. The M sport package is well worth it... changes the look and feel of the car. This is my 3rd BMW and has to be my favorite one of all. It has a premium feel to it. The inline 6 engine has plenty of power to it.

Favorite Features

M sport package, Harman Kardon Sound well worth the $$$, LED corona rings and tail lights, interior orange glowing lights under the doors, sport seats are amazing, large trunk size and roomy front seats, bamboo anthricite wood trim, the steering wheel with the M package. Almost everything about the car!

Suggested Improvements

The car does need an electronics update and interior re-design but the current car is amazing. The fuel economy could be better but the engine is powerful and smooth so all considered not bad.