2011 BMW 3 Series - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 3 Series model:
After a 3year lease happy to turn it in
By phillydad on 03/30/14 06:38 AM (PDT)

2011 BMW 3 Series 328i 2dr Convertible (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

This car is about it's looks and the young feel, when you drive it. Beyond this I am NOT happy at all and will not buy this or any other BMW. Within only 34 month I had to replace 6 tires and repair the wheels twice. The run flat tires are a disaster, unrepairable and they destroy the wheels. Maybe good for the German Autobahn but not for everyday American streets. The navigation and entertainment system is very cumbersome an even after 3 years many functions a mystery to me. The electric works at it's own will like windows rolling up and down without your command. At lease end they will nickel an dime you to make another buck. I have decided to turn to Mercedes Benz....

Amazing Drive..Erognomically just ok
By khiladi on 02/16/14 07:31 AM (PST)

2011 BMW 3 Series 328i 2dr Convertible (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

see below

Nice car ruined by severe engine breaking - this is for sedan with auto transmission Edmunds does not have a selection for auto transmission
By jeffzx on 01/19/12 17:16 PM (PST)

2011 BMW 3 Series 328i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Problem with the 328i Steptronic Auto Transmission is the harsh engine breaking when you let up on the gas. At slow speeds, and especially in stop- and-go traffic, the heavy engine braking is enough to get many nauseous as the car does not easily coast to a stop. I have never gotten car sick while driving, but with this car if I drive it in heavy traffic for 30 minutes or so I will get car sick. A BMW Expert told me "I have had a few customers tell me the same thing so I am not surprised of noticing the engine braking." Further, the car emits a very high-pitch sound for about 45 seconds every time you open or close any door or the trunk. Finally, the run flat tires give a harsh ride.

Great BMW car!
By billr6 on 01/18/12 11:14 AM (PST)

2011 BMW 3 Series 328i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Smooth car, very fast, looks great! interior is very nice and exterior is first class!! Power is amazing, I pass other cars on the highway in 3 to 10 seconds!! When you press the gas engine growls ever so nicely!! I am very confident when passing other cars on the highway or city streets. Steering and handling is first class!! Amazing car!!!

Another BMW 328 xdrive w/ Nav
By nick831 on 01/09/12 11:35 AM (PST)

2011 BMW 3 Series 328i xDrive 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

This is my 4th BMW. Had 2,3series, one x3, and one 5series. The 3 series is my favorite to drive. I can't imagine driving anything else. Once you drive one you will be hooked. There is no car that drives like it. I have tried them all.

Love This Car
By luckylamour on 12/27/11 16:51 PM (PST)

2011 BMW 3 Series 335d 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl Turbodiesel 6A)

After selling my 2005 M3 Convertible, I didn't think I would own another BMW that was as fun to drive, and to blow rice rockets off the line. Not to mention the fantastic sport seats, and unbeatable MPG (I average 39 on the highway). Not to mention a wide array of great technology, MOG, Pandora, and now Yelp. its pretty damn cool. Tasman Green, Oyster Leather.... Love it.

My first, but definitely not last, BMW
By newbeemer on 11/29/11 07:11 AM (PST)

2011 BMW 3 Series 328i xDrive 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Picked up my first BMW a week ago. I got the 2011 328i (X-Drive, w/Nav). Coming from an Acura TSX, I don't know how I have been driving any other car. This car begs to be driven and it begs even more to hug corners. After my lease is up I am definitely getting another BMW - truly the Ultimate Driving Machine. Drive one and you'll understand why they picked that slogan. I barely feel the car accelerate. The interior is well organized and very well thought out. Although, I'm not a fan of the driver's cup holder, but that's just being nit-picky. There isn't much storage room on the front as the glove box is small and the center console is also small. Again, these are minor to me.

Great car.
By chan88 on 10/24/11 19:36 PM (PDT)

2011 BMW 3 Series 335i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

This is my 2nd BMW since I briefly owned a 325i in 1994. I had a Infiniti EX before I got this 335i (with sport pkg). This car runs great, but not a great value compared to others. It lacks a lot of standard features that others (acura or infiniti) have. Standard stereo is a joke at $50K price. My EX Bose system was much better. Fit and finish are great. No problem at 800 miles now. Ride quality on RFT is acceptable. I like the car's steering feel, suspension, engine, transmission, and solid chasis. These are the reasons I bought BMW. The driving dynamics is class leading.

First Time BMW Owner
By jhreviews on 09/24/11 10:31 AM (PDT)

2011 BMW 3 Series 328i xDrive 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

As a first time owner of a BMW, the car has great performance and handling. If you are looking for a car that has best in class handling this car is for you. I test drove the competition, Lexus, Mercedes, Infinity and Audi nothing compares to the BMW. It has a quiet interior and no rattles or other annoying noises. If you have kids which I do the back seats have enough room and comfort for a day trip. I selected Premium Package, cold weather package and Xenon adaptive headlights. I passed on the Navigation system, it is not worth the extra 2k in my opinion. I think there are plenty of navigation choices with today's smartphones.

Awesome car
By bboston1724 on 09/21/11 11:01 AM (PDT)

2011 BMW 3 Series 328i xDrive 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Second BMW 328i xdrive. Love the way it handles, the sound of the 6 cylinder, comfy seats. It does everything and does it well. I just hope they keep the 3 series spirit in the redesign. Also i have noticed some de-contenting of equipment: seat back packets, covered ash tray, unfinished bin in the trunk, no ski bag, no flashlight in glovebox. Little things, but still for the price you pay...

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2011 BMW 3 Series in NJ is:

$236 per month*