Solid, Powerful & Comfy
By PH de CA on
2010 BMW 3 Series 335d 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl Turbodiesel 6A)
After years of driving economy cars I finally splurged and bought a beautiful 335d + Prem Pkg, Nav, Comfort Access, Logic 7. One week and 600 miles later, I can't believe I waited so long. It's an absolute pleasure to drive -- powerful, stable & comfortable, with good fuel economy. The diesel engine has a deep, satisfying growl at low speeds, but is almost silent on the freeway, the best of both worlds. iDrive is easy to use, & live traffic on Nav is accurate. After babying it for several hundred miles, I allowed myself the pleasure of flooring it to pass someone. OMG - on an uphill grade, but seconds later they were a distant dot in my rear view mirror. I've been smiling a lot in this car!
Favorite Features
Diesel is awesome. Upgraded audio is nice: crisp, detailed sound across full spectrum. And on freeway it's quiet enough that you can actually hear the music. Love iDrive & BMW Assist. 4-year service plan pretty cool too. They got their tag line right -- this is the ultimate driving machine.
Suggested Improvements
iDrive & nav seem to leave no room for any extra storage cubbyholes, only an open tray in front of shifter. Driver cup holder is a bit of a reach. But who cares? I didn't buy this car for cup holders. This is a fantastic car.