2010 BMW 3 Series Consumer Review: Green Performance

2010 BMW 3 Series - Consumer Review

335d Sedan (3.0L 6-cyl. Turbo Diesel 6-speed Automatic)

Green Performance
By Cheesehead on

2010 BMW 3 Series 335d 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl Turbodiesel 6A)

For years I compromised on having a performance vehicle as my commute to work would consume a lot of fuel. Couple that with the hurricanes of 2004 teaching me that you need at least 400 miles of range from a car in stop and go driving when no fuel will be available for a week. Then BMW brings us the 335d and the barriers are gone. A true performance vehicle in acceleration and handling, one that actually makes me look forward to the drive and amazes me at its capability. But then I look down at the fuel mileage reading where I'm getting 33.1 mpg in the city and realize that there is no compromise in this car.

Pressing on the gas is an exciting experience. Best brakes and suspension I have ever driven. Fuel mileage that equals a Yaris in a car that is NEVER boring to drive. No diesel exhaust smell. No maintenance costs for the first 4 years/50000 miles.

The interior is a little cramped, especially for the rear seat passengers. Cup holders, storage spaces and power outlets need to be updates to contemporary USA standards. Access to basic engine information would be nice (such as engine temperature, boost pressure, transmission oil temp, etc).