2010 BMW 3 Series - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 3 Series model:
Wow - 335d is a silent rocket
By Tonyspumoni on 05/16/10 20:15 PM (PDT)

2010 BMW 3 Series 335d 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl Turbodiesel 6A)

I have waited years for performance without guilt - the 335d might just be the perfect guilt-free car. The motor is deceptively quiet and capable of shoving 3800 lb of car 0-60 in 6. Lacking sports pkg it doesn't corner like a go kart, but body roll never feels like a problem, there's no understeer, and no sway in the tight stuff. Ride is supple and smooth. Feels like it is made of iron. This is a very fast, solid car - dangerously fast in fact. The combination of smooth ride, blazing acceleration, and virtual lack of motor noise gives you no standard point of reference - you can be doing 95 and have no idea.

First 400 miles
By FloridaDriver on 05/04/10 07:52 AM (PDT)

2010 BMW 3 Series 328i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Love my new 328i - Montego Blue color is amazing! Surprised BMW does not offer power drivers seat std this year, also they got rid of alarm system std? Agree with another reviewer they need to correct the power outlet in center console that you cannot close lid if wire coming through. Love the wheel design - even though 16" nice design and tires ride nicely. Base stereo could be better but do like HD radio. Impressive gas mileage for 3.0 I-6 with automatic on highway. Rough idle and downshifts are not very smooth..will have dealer check. Very quiet on the highway and comfortable leather seats.

Fun to drive
By John on 04/28/10 15:32 PM (PDT)

2010 BMW 3 Series 328i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I traded in my Infinity G37 for a new 328i with sport package and manual transmission. The G37 felt heavy and the auto took too long to downshift. G37 was a nice and fast car but not fun to drive. The BMW is fun to drive.

Best CAr
By Bob Whalen on 04/28/10 13:39 PM (PDT)

2010 BMW 3 Series 335d 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl Turbodiesel 6A)

I love this car. It zips around town with ease. The engine emits a agrressive purr. Its simply perfect.

Love my BMW
By Tom Smith on 04/25/10 16:46 PM (PDT)

2010 BMW 3 Series 335d 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl Turbodiesel 6A)

This Car is crazy fun. It blasts around town like nothing. I love the deisel.

New Owner
By Carl on 04/21/10 11:18 AM (PDT)

2010 BMW 3 Series 328i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Wow! What a driving experience. Perfect weight distribution, steering, brakes, smooth stick shift, and overall handling. You must get the stick for the full experience in a 328i as it makes excellent use of the available power band. However, I think BMW can coax another 30 horses and 25 lb ft of torque out of the engine as they do in the X3. The inline 6 is an amazing engine, so smooth and linear.

I'm not really that impressed
By KW on 04/21/10 08:28 AM (PDT)

2010 BMW 3 Series 328i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I got this car for my wife. The sticker was above $37,000 Dollars. For that you get seats that manually adjust to any position but a comfortable one, 16" wheels(!), Bluetooth buttons that are only decorations, you don't actually get Bluetooth and a completely unintuitive radio. Even though the car drives well, I think it's the emperor's clothes.

A sign of things to come
By PSC85 on 04/20/10 04:02 AM (PDT)

2010 BMW 3 Series 328i xDrive 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

This is my first new car. Just leased at Devon Hill BMW. Everyone at the dealer was fantastic. They made me feel that my purchase (or lease) really mattered to them! Now onto the car. Simply perfect for my needs. 25 year old male. I love technology, so the premium and navigation package were a must. I was skeptical about the infamous i-drive system. But I found the new version to be perfectly fine to operate. I almost prefer it to touch screens now because it keeps my arm in a comfortable position. The fit and finish on the car are amazing. I test drove Acura's, Honda's, Ford's, and sat in an Infiniti. My 3 feels like a more expensive car.

Came back to BMW
By txvette on 04/11/10 07:50 AM (PDT)

2010 BMW 3 Series 335i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

A few years ago had a 5 series. Great car no problem but was a sport wagon and I just didn't like the use of a sw. So I traded it. Since than have been a Lexus driver. Great cars not one problem. But you cant compare the the two. Lexus is a soft ride luxury and BMW is a sport luxury. Just driving the 3 home it all came back on why they rave about the handling of BMW. It just feels so tight and in control. The car overall just feels more soild.

A Stunning Standard of Driving Pleasure
By Quasiben on 04/08/10 20:10 PM (PDT)

2010 BMW 3 Series 335i 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

Acceleration, handling, comfort, fit and balance (power and efficiency)--all the attributes of a great, affordable car are here. With a few Dinan mods, the car becomes a brilliant sleeper that begs to be driven. In addition, one can cruise all day at 75 mph and get 30+mpg. Who cares about cup holders? Drove Audis and loved them; however, the 335i was tighter and more drivable.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2010 BMW 3 Series in VA is:

$141 per month*