Used 2010 BMW 3 Series Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2010 BMW 3 Series - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 3 Series model:

Nice car with some issues
By ---

2010 BMW 3 Series 328i xDrive 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Nice car with lots of delightful features (especially with the almost fully loaded car). There have been a lot of complaints about the run flat tires. They are noisy and makes the car handle poorly. A great car has been a bit handicapped because of this choice by BMW which maybe should be offered as an option to buyers. Note that runflats are not installed on BMW's pure sport M3 model. This shows you what BMW themselves think about runflat tires. The base audio system is also very poor IMO. But there are tons of details and safety features that one should not overlook and other than the nitpicks above this is an awesome car. There is a reason why this is very popular in this segment

IDrive, Engine power, Exterior and interior fit/finish and looks.

Get rid of runflats or offer as option, improve base audio system, improve knee room for driver.

Calling it free service is a gimmick
By dee

2010 BMW 3 Series 328i xDrive 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Having owned multiple BMW's I can say they are great cars. But the company uses the marketing trick of saying service is free, when in fact, they determine what normal service is, so don't really do much service to the car. BMW says the car can go 25,000 miles between oil changes, has lifetime coolant that never needs service, and they don't check the car out for issues until about end of the 4 years of free service .

Great handling

Calling it "free service" actually is very misleading, so don't offer it. Let customers pay for service, and lower the price of the car

BMW
By cnd8

2010 BMW 3 Series 328i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

This is my first BMW. I have to admit, I prefer the ride and comfort of my previous Ford Fusion. The seats are quite firm. The ride is more bumpy. One thing that drives me insane is that the cup holders are in your passenger's lap. They really need to be in the console. There is room in the current design for at least one in the console. I wish they would have put a cup holder there instead of an open area.

Exterior design

Cups in the console. An unlock button (for all doors at one time) closer to the door so you can easily unlock when you are trying to do something.

Extremely Happy with the Diesel
By Dean

2010 BMW 3 Series 335d 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl Turbodiesel 6A)

I was excited to find that BMW offers a diesel version of the 3 series. I had a 325i and it was running high on miles and decided it was time to change. I found the 335d affordable since they offer an eco credit discount which does help a lot. The car is smooth like my old 325i (2006). The updated I Drive also works great. The best part, well two of the greatest thing about this car are fuel economy which gives me 36 mpg on the freeway and at times I've seen it average more than 36 on the freeway while going 80 mph. The other great thing is the acceleration. 0-60 is fast but going from 40-90 is a blur. Passing people on the freeway has never been easier. So far so good.

Fuel economy, acceleration, I-Drive

A couple of times the car smelled like bbq which kind of scares me and the I-Drive completely resets every now and then. I'm sure these can fixed if brought into the dealership.

I'm very happy with this coupe
By Jimmy335i

2010 BMW 3 Series 335i 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

I drove the C350 and the IS350, both felt weaker and boring to me, I didn't even go to Audi, those are way down on power. This car seems to be just the perfect blend of power and luxury, superior to the other two. I just love the turbo setup and the sounds of this car. I do mostly highway, when I drive normal the MPG is around 29, thats very good in my book, and when I want power, POW punch it and all the power I need is there.

Free maintenance, just had my first free oil change, and some brake pads done.

Make the premium audio standard.

• SUV