Used 2010 BMW 3 Series Sedan Consumer Reviews - 29 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2010 BMW 3 Series Sedan

View reviews for a specific 3 Series model:

My Dream Come True
By Flaglergal

2010 BMW 3 Series Sedan 335i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

I have always driven "sensible" cars, Camry, Taurus, Etc. My last car was a 2007 Maxima and believe me I loved it until now. I decided I wanted a BMW. I went to the dealership with intentions of buying and I did. I wasn't looking for the 335i turbo but once I drove it I knew it was mine. I drove from Florida to Pennsylvania this weekend and it was a dream. This car handles better than any car I ever had, hugs the road without outside noise. Seats, took awhile for me to figure out all the adjustments, are very comfortable. Being petite I often have trouble with the seats, not this car. My one complaint-the seat belt doesn't adjust so it crosses against my neck and not comfortable

Too many to list, but the bluetooth is outstanding. MPG was approximately 27 highway driving, not great but not bad either.

driver seat belt should be height adjustable for us short drivers.

Nice car with some issues
By ---

2010 BMW 3 Series Sedan 328i xDrive 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Nice car with lots of delightful features (especially with the almost fully loaded car). There have been a lot of complaints about the run flat tires. They are noisy and makes the car handle poorly. A great car has been a bit handicapped because of this choice by BMW which maybe should be offered as an option to buyers. Note that runflats are not installed on BMW's pure sport M3 model. This shows you what BMW themselves think about runflat tires. The base audio system is also very poor IMO. But there are tons of details and safety features that one should not overlook and other than the nitpicks above this is an awesome car. There is a reason why this is very popular in this segment

IDrive, Engine power, Exterior and interior fit/finish and looks.

Get rid of runflats or offer as option, improve base audio system, improve knee room for driver.

Calling it free service is a gimmick
By dee

2010 BMW 3 Series Sedan 328i xDrive 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Having owned multiple BMW's I can say they are great cars. But the company uses the marketing trick of saying service is free, when in fact, they determine what normal service is, so don't really do much service to the car. BMW says the car can go 25,000 miles between oil changes, has lifetime coolant that never needs service, and they don't check the car out for issues until about end of the 4 years of free service .

Great handling

Calling it "free service" actually is very misleading, so don't offer it. Let customers pay for service, and lower the price of the car

BMW
By cnd8

2010 BMW 3 Series Sedan 328i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

This is my first BMW. I have to admit, I prefer the ride and comfort of my previous Ford Fusion. The seats are quite firm. The ride is more bumpy. One thing that drives me insane is that the cup holders are in your passenger's lap. They really need to be in the console. There is room in the current design for at least one in the console. I wish they would have put a cup holder there instead of an open area.

Exterior design

Cups in the console. An unlock button (for all doors at one time) closer to the door so you can easily unlock when you are trying to do something.

Should NOT have bought this car!
By T Samuel

2010 BMW 3 Series Sedan 335i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

Good: fun to drive, styling bad: frequent BMW HPFP problems that could result in serious accident, electrical problems. Verdict: dream to drive, a nightmare to own.

steering