2010 BMW 3 Series Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 3 Series model:
2010 335i xdrive best in class
By joaoeast on 06/03/10 18:14 PM (PDT)

2010 BMW 3 Series Sedan 335i xDrive 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

Truly the best car I have ever driven. Living in a hilly part of Long Island, NY AWD really comes in handy. This car has it all Its a sports car, sedan, summer car, and great in the snow, the best of all worlds. Transmission is amazingly smooth and power is always available. BMW 3 series continues to be the one to beat. G37 is nice but not nearly as refined in the transmission and ride quality. C class has a great feel but no power. A4 simply cannot compete while the S4 on the other hand is amazing but quite a bit more money. Acura puts out a great car with amazing tech and great ride but lacks low end torque. Love this BMW and my wife who's not a big car nut fell in love instantly.

Worst Call I've Ever Owned
By John B on 05/26/10 08:44 AM (PDT)

2010 BMW 3 Series Sedan 328i xDrive 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I must be insane but I do not see how a call for over $40,000 could have such horribly uncomfortable (power) seats and probably the worst standard sound system I have ever heard in a car at this price. The ride is awful. I feel like a rabbit in a box being bounced around. Making a ride rough and quick bouncing does not make it solid. BMW is grossly overrated for what you get. It is all name and hype. Amazing what a manufacturer can do with a name. They cheaped the 2010 down so much but everyone (obviously including me) is willing to just grin and bear it. Wish I had not sold my Audi A8. That was a quality car.

First 400 miles
By FloridaDriver on 05/04/10 07:52 AM (PDT)

2010 BMW 3 Series Sedan 328i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Love my new 328i - Montego Blue color is amazing! Surprised BMW does not offer power drivers seat std this year, also they got rid of alarm system std? Agree with another reviewer they need to correct the power outlet in center console that you cannot close lid if wire coming through. Love the wheel design - even though 16" nice design and tires ride nicely. Base stereo could be better but do like HD radio. Impressive gas mileage for 3.0 I-6 with automatic on highway. Rough idle and downshifts are not very smooth..will have dealer check. Very quiet on the highway and comfortable leather seats.

Fun to drive
By John on 04/28/10 15:32 PM (PDT)

2010 BMW 3 Series Sedan 328i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I traded in my Infinity G37 for a new 328i with sport package and manual transmission. The G37 felt heavy and the auto took too long to downshift. G37 was a nice and fast car but not fun to drive. The BMW is fun to drive.

New Owner
By Carl on 04/21/10 11:18 AM (PDT)

2010 BMW 3 Series Sedan 328i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Wow! What a driving experience. Perfect weight distribution, steering, brakes, smooth stick shift, and overall handling. You must get the stick for the full experience in a 328i as it makes excellent use of the available power band. However, I think BMW can coax another 30 horses and 25 lb ft of torque out of the engine as they do in the X3. The inline 6 is an amazing engine, so smooth and linear.

I'm not really that impressed
By KW on 04/21/10 08:28 AM (PDT)

2010 BMW 3 Series Sedan 328i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I got this car for my wife. The sticker was above $37,000 Dollars. For that you get seats that manually adjust to any position but a comfortable one, 16" wheels(!), Bluetooth buttons that are only decorations, you don't actually get Bluetooth and a completely unintuitive radio. Even though the car drives well, I think it's the emperor's clothes.

A sign of things to come
By PSC85 on 04/20/10 04:02 AM (PDT)

2010 BMW 3 Series Sedan 328i xDrive 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

This is my first new car. Just leased at Devon Hill BMW. Everyone at the dealer was fantastic. They made me feel that my purchase (or lease) really mattered to them! Now onto the car. Simply perfect for my needs. 25 year old male. I love technology, so the premium and navigation package were a must. I was skeptical about the infamous i-drive system. But I found the new version to be perfectly fine to operate. I almost prefer it to touch screens now because it keeps my arm in a comfortable position. The fit and finish on the car are amazing. I test drove Acura's, Honda's, Ford's, and sat in an Infiniti. My 3 feels like a more expensive car.

Came back to BMW
By txvette on 04/11/10 07:50 AM (PDT)

2010 BMW 3 Series Sedan 335i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

A few years ago had a 5 series. Great car no problem but was a sport wagon and I just didn't like the use of a sw. So I traded it. Since than have been a Lexus driver. Great cars not one problem. But you cant compare the the two. Lexus is a soft ride luxury and BMW is a sport luxury. Just driving the 3 home it all came back on why they rave about the handling of BMW. It just feels so tight and in control. The car overall just feels more soild.

Love it!
By doctorT on 03/19/10 02:05 AM (PDT)

2010 BMW 3 Series Sedan 328i xDrive 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Before buying this car I tested the new A4 and the C class Benz. I admit the Audi is the best looking of the 3 but once you take it for a spin- none of the other cars come even close to the BMW. The acceleration is seamless and I love the sport automatic/ steptronic mode. I love the perfectly balanced steering and the handling/ grip on the road is fantastic. I love how solid the car feels. The Audi's steering felt too light and the acceleration/handling does not compare.

Okay, not great!
By Ron on 03/14/10 18:41 PM (PDT)

2010 BMW 3 Series Sedan 328i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Cabin is very quiet and comfortable. Acceleration and handling are good. Some people have trouble entering because of low overhead. Windshield sticker warns run flat tires get about 20 miles - expensive. Requires premium gas, but regular seems to run OK. Cabin interior storage is terrible. Owners materials & CD's have to store in trunk. Speedometer is about 4 mph too fast.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2010 BMW 3 Series Sedan in VA is:

$141 per month*