Used 2010 BMW 3 Series Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2010 BMW 3 Series Sedan

View reviews for a specific 3 Series model:

BMW
By cnd8

2010 BMW 3 Series Sedan 328i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

This is my first BMW. I have to admit, I prefer the ride and comfort of my previous Ford Fusion. The seats are quite firm. The ride is more bumpy. One thing that drives me insane is that the cup holders are in your passenger's lap. They really need to be in the console. There is room in the current design for at least one in the console. I wish they would have put a cup holder there instead of an open area.

Favorite Features

Exterior design

Suggested Improvements

Cups in the console. An unlock button (for all doors at one time) closer to the door so you can easily unlock when you are trying to do something.

Should NOT have bought this car!
By T Samuel

2010 BMW 3 Series Sedan 335i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

Good: fun to drive, styling bad: frequent BMW HPFP problems that could result in serious accident, electrical problems. Verdict: dream to drive, a nightmare to own.

Favorite Features

steering

Suggested Improvements

NEW engine design!

First BMW. Now, I am flying, not driving
By Yves

2010 BMW 3 Series Sedan 328i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

This car (BMW 328i 6AM) is a driver's dream. I had an Acura TSX before: good car, but it was boring. I know, I should have bought a manual transmission(none were available), but the automatic transmission is excellent (I love the 'Sport' position). I like the size of this car: small enough to be fun to drive, large enough to carry large suitcases and 3~4 passengers. The audio system would be below average in a $15k car! Buy the upgrade or get the speakers replaced (not easily done, though).

Favorite Features

Engine, acceleration, handling, silence, interior finish and look (without GPS), transmission, wipers sensor, climatization

Suggested Improvements

More small storage spaces, larger std wheels/tires, better audio (not acceptable in this price range), more mpg, more electrical outlets, larger gas tank.

One Great Car
By Jay

2010 BMW 3 Series Sedan 328i xDrive 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I had this car for almost a year now, just reached 9,000 miles this morning. A week ago, I had a low engine oil warning so I had the first oil change done, which is supposed to be at 15K miles. Besides that, this is truly a fun to drive car. I especially like the tow shift mode: regular and sporty. When you're in sporty mode, you will feel really excited because it becomes a race car. If you just want a smooth relaxed tour, you just use the regular shift and it becomes a comfortable luxury car.

Favorite Features

The automatic transmission which has two (or you can say 3) mode of setting. Very attractive exterior and interior looking. USB interface.

Suggested Improvements

BlueTooth should be standard. I would also like more choices on the wheel types. The wheel base could also be a little wider.

Fantastic Car
By ranger

2010 BMW 3 Series Sedan 328i xDrive 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

My first entry into the luxury market. Always wanted a BMW and I couldn't be happier with my 328i. Quality is amazing. One of the most quietest cars I've ever driven. Virtually no road noise even on the highway.

Favorite Features

Performance and i drive system.

Suggested Improvements

None