2010 BMW 3 Series Diesel - Consumer Reviews

335d 3.0L 6-cyl. Turbo Diesel 6-speed Automatic - (14 reviews )
Green Performance
By Cheesehead on 01/23/10 02:47 AM (PST)

2010 BMW 3 Series Diesel 335d 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl Turbodiesel 6A)

For years I compromised on having a performance vehicle as my commute to work would consume a lot of fuel. Couple that with the hurricanes of 2004 teaching me that you need at least 400 miles of range from a car in stop and go driving when no fuel will be available for a week. Then BMW brings us the 335d and the barriers are gone. A true performance vehicle in acceleration and handling, one that actually makes me look forward to the drive and amazes me at its capability. But then I look down at the fuel mileage reading where I'm getting 33.1 mpg in the city and realize that there is no compromise in this car.

Awesome Diesel
By Ollie on 12/29/09 21:22 PM (PST)

2010 BMW 3 Series Diesel 335d 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl Turbodiesel 6A)

Quiet, fast and stays on the road like glue, and effortlessly goes where you aim it. This car will destroy any negative ideas one might have of a diesel powered auto. Instant response and no turbo lag thanks to two computer controlled turbos - a small one at low RPM and a larger one at higher RPM. Ride is firm but not hard, and suspension is comfortably competent.

Simply amazing efficiency & performance
By Braveheart on 12/17/09 12:43 PM (PST)

2010 BMW 3 Series Diesel 335d 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl Turbodiesel 6A)

The performance of this vehicle in light of the fuel economy is almost impossible to believe. I hope BMW continues to bring clean diesel technology to the U.S. in such wonderful combinations of efficiency and driving excitement. A diesel in the 1 series and the updated X3 which is coming next year would be great additions. The interior is understated, elegant and well-constructed. My only regret is not having the sports package with the sports seats. With the eco-credit and tax incentives, this car is a terrific value. I will save $6000 in fuel and maintenance over any other competitive performance vehicle during the next four years.

Best of all worlds BMW offers!
By Eldwood on 12/04/09 21:10 PM (PST)

2010 BMW 3 Series Diesel 335d 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl Turbodiesel 6A)

I ordered my 335d in August and finally took delivery this week. The wait and anticipation was well worth it. It is an amazing machine in every detail. It has the performance of the 335i and I got nearly 40mpg on the first tank. It is the perfect car for me and for anyone who desires, but could never get luxury, refinement, performance and economy in one package. I cannot believe I am looking so forward to my daily commute.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2010 BMW 3 Series Diesel in VA is:

$146 per month*