2010 BMW 3 Series Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 3 Series model:
Nice car with some issues
By --- on 10/31/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2010 BMW 3 Series Sedan 328i xDrive 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Nice car with lots of delightful features (especially with the almost fully loaded car). There have been a lot of complaints about the run flat tires. They are noisy and makes the car handle poorly. A great car has been a bit handicapped because of this choice by BMW which maybe should be offered as an option to buyers. Note that runflats are not installed on BMW's pure sport M3 model. This shows you what BMW themselves think about runflat tires. The base audio system is also very poor IMO. But there are tons of details and safety features that one should not overlook and other than the nitpicks above this is an awesome car. There is a reason why this is very popular in this segment

Calling it free service is a gimmick
By dee on 10/07/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2010 BMW 3 Series Sedan 328i xDrive 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Having owned multiple BMW's I can say they are great cars. But the company uses the marketing trick of saying service is free, when in fact, they determine what normal service is, so don't really do much service to the car. BMW says the car can go 25,000 miles between oil changes, has lifetime coolant that never needs service, and they don't check the car out for issues until about end of the 4 years of free service .

One Great Car
By Jay on 07/27/10 08:42 AM (PDT)

2010 BMW 3 Series Sedan 328i xDrive 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I had this car for almost a year now, just reached 9,000 miles this morning. A week ago, I had a low engine oil warning so I had the first oil change done, which is supposed to be at 15K miles. Besides that, this is truly a fun to drive car. I especially like the tow shift mode: regular and sporty. When you're in sporty mode, you will feel really excited because it becomes a race car. If you just want a smooth relaxed tour, you just use the regular shift and it becomes a comfortable luxury car.

Fantastic Car
By ranger on 06/10/10 05:51 AM (PDT)

2010 BMW 3 Series Sedan 328i xDrive 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

My first entry into the luxury market. Always wanted a BMW and I couldn't be happier with my 328i. Quality is amazing. One of the most quietest cars I've ever driven. Virtually no road noise even on the highway.

Worst Call I've Ever Owned
By John B on 05/26/10 08:44 AM (PDT)

2010 BMW 3 Series Sedan 328i xDrive 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I must be insane but I do not see how a call for over $40,000 could have such horribly uncomfortable (power) seats and probably the worst standard sound system I have ever heard in a car at this price. The ride is awful. I feel like a rabbit in a box being bounced around. Making a ride rough and quick bouncing does not make it solid. BMW is grossly overrated for what you get. It is all name and hype. Amazing what a manufacturer can do with a name. They cheaped the 2010 down so much but everyone (obviously including me) is willing to just grin and bear it. Wish I had not sold my Audi A8. That was a quality car.

A sign of things to come
By PSC85 on 04/20/10 04:02 AM (PDT)

2010 BMW 3 Series Sedan 328i xDrive 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

This is my first new car. Just leased at Devon Hill BMW. Everyone at the dealer was fantastic. They made me feel that my purchase (or lease) really mattered to them! Now onto the car. Simply perfect for my needs. 25 year old male. I love technology, so the premium and navigation package were a must. I was skeptical about the infamous i-drive system. But I found the new version to be perfectly fine to operate. I almost prefer it to touch screens now because it keeps my arm in a comfortable position. The fit and finish on the car are amazing. I test drove Acura's, Honda's, Ford's, and sat in an Infiniti. My 3 feels like a more expensive car.

Love it!
By doctorT on 03/19/10 02:05 AM (PDT)

2010 BMW 3 Series Sedan 328i xDrive 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Before buying this car I tested the new A4 and the C class Benz. I admit the Audi is the best looking of the 3 but once you take it for a spin- none of the other cars come even close to the BMW. The acceleration is seamless and I love the sport automatic/ steptronic mode. I love the perfectly balanced steering and the handling/ grip on the road is fantastic. I love how solid the car feels. The Audi's steering felt too light and the acceleration/handling does not compare.

Best in Class By Far
By JJC on 02/13/10 05:18 AM (PST)

2010 BMW 3 Series Sedan 328i xDrive 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

This is the 5th BMW I have owned.It remains a fantastic car in all respects. In addition to great driving characteristics coupled with excellent fuel economy, the car is incredibly well-built from a safety standpoint. My wife was on the highway at 65mph when she was side-swiped by a semi. She was able to maintain enough control not to veer into another lane, which would have caused a crash given the heavy traffic. When she pulled over and stopped, there was black truck tire rubber from the front quarter panel all the way back to the rear door. The state cop told her he had seen this type of accident a lot, but this was one of the few times there had been a survivor!

Sounds funny
By Joel on 01/23/10 07:29 AM (PST)

2010 BMW 3 Series Sedan 328i xDrive 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I've just jumped out of my '07 328I lease and opted for the '010 IX model due to its excellent winter handling ability. How was I to know the sound quality is so awful. I don't know who's right ten speaker count mentioned on the Spec. sheet for Edmunds site, or Joseph Wierda, claiming to be from BMWNA, who asserts that the vehicles now come standard w/6 speakers. How's this for "Ultimate Driving Machine?" Ewww, 6 speakers, really. I should've stuck with my '07, it had a Great ride and Great sound. My vehicle, does only have six speakers, no Tweeters. I had it checked.

Not Worth for the Price
By First Time Buyer on 01/08/10 11:47 AM (PST)

2010 BMW 3 Series Sedan 328i xDrive 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

This is my first BMW; I love this car for its front appearance and the superb handling. Clean and accessible cockpit but when you look at the whole package, the hefty price is not justified in terms of the interior space and leg room. Especially in the back row seat my son can’t easily buckle his booster seat. We use the standard booster seat, but there is not enough space for it, often the seat belt clip will end up under the booster seat and I need to often help him to buckle up, this is really annoying. One other major issue is with the Navigation, I paid around $2100.00 for this navigation option which doesn’t says the street names instead says “turn right” and “turn left”.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2010 BMW 3 Series Sedan in NJ is:

$249 per month*