2010 BMW 3 Series Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 3 Series model:
Really great car!!!
By atldane on 09/08/11 22:54 PM (PDT)

2010 BMW 3 Series Sedan 328i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I have had 3 Land Rover Discovery and decided to try the 3 series. I still have my latest Discovery and have wanted to go back to a BMW for a while. My car was a loaner for the service department and had 12K miles when I bought it. This is an awesome car!! Def made for the driver. Even though it is only the 328I, it drives amazing. Perfect for driving on the interstate and intown. My partner has an E class Mercedes and does not like driving my BMW, but I don't like his Mercedes as much as mine. Really different driving experiences. I really recommend this car for anyone. I recently got 30.8 mpg..used to 13 mpg in my Rover!

BMW
By cnd8 on 09/15/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2010 BMW 3 Series Sedan 328i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

This is my first BMW. I have to admit, I prefer the ride and comfort of my previous Ford Fusion. The seats are quite firm. The ride is more bumpy. One thing that drives me insane is that the cup holders are in your passenger's lap. They really need to be in the console. There is room in the current design for at least one in the console. I wish they would have put a cup holder there instead of an open area.

First BMW. Now, I am flying, not driving
By Yves on 08/07/10 08:46 AM (PDT)

2010 BMW 3 Series Sedan 328i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

This car (BMW 328i 6AM) is a driver's dream. I had an Acura TSX before: good car, but it was boring. I know, I should have bought a manual transmission(none were available), but the automatic transmission is excellent (I love the 'Sport' position). I like the size of this car: small enough to be fun to drive, large enough to carry large suitcases and 3~4 passengers. The audio system would be below average in a $15k car! Buy the upgrade or get the speakers replaced (not easily done, though).

First 400 miles
By FloridaDriver on 05/04/10 07:52 AM (PDT)

2010 BMW 3 Series Sedan 328i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Love my new 328i - Montego Blue color is amazing! Surprised BMW does not offer power drivers seat std this year, also they got rid of alarm system std? Agree with another reviewer they need to correct the power outlet in center console that you cannot close lid if wire coming through. Love the wheel design - even though 16" nice design and tires ride nicely. Base stereo could be better but do like HD radio. Impressive gas mileage for 3.0 I-6 with automatic on highway. Rough idle and downshifts are not very smooth..will have dealer check. Very quiet on the highway and comfortable leather seats.

Fun to drive
By John on 04/28/10 15:32 PM (PDT)

2010 BMW 3 Series Sedan 328i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I traded in my Infinity G37 for a new 328i with sport package and manual transmission. The G37 felt heavy and the auto took too long to downshift. G37 was a nice and fast car but not fun to drive. The BMW is fun to drive.

New Owner
By Carl on 04/21/10 11:18 AM (PDT)

2010 BMW 3 Series Sedan 328i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Wow! What a driving experience. Perfect weight distribution, steering, brakes, smooth stick shift, and overall handling. You must get the stick for the full experience in a 328i as it makes excellent use of the available power band. However, I think BMW can coax another 30 horses and 25 lb ft of torque out of the engine as they do in the X3. The inline 6 is an amazing engine, so smooth and linear.

I'm not really that impressed
By KW on 04/21/10 08:28 AM (PDT)

2010 BMW 3 Series Sedan 328i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I got this car for my wife. The sticker was above $37,000 Dollars. For that you get seats that manually adjust to any position but a comfortable one, 16" wheels(!), Bluetooth buttons that are only decorations, you don't actually get Bluetooth and a completely unintuitive radio. Even though the car drives well, I think it's the emperor's clothes.

Okay, not great!
By Ron on 03/14/10 18:41 PM (PDT)

2010 BMW 3 Series Sedan 328i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Cabin is very quiet and comfortable. Acceleration and handling are good. Some people have trouble entering because of low overhead. Windshield sticker warns run flat tires get about 20 miles - expensive. Requires premium gas, but regular seems to run OK. Cabin interior storage is terrible. Owners materials & CD's have to store in trunk. Speedometer is about 4 mph too fast.

malfunctions, no help from BMW
By Forest H. on 02/03/10 14:49 PM (PST)

2010 BMW 3 Series Sedan 328i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

The satellite radio does not work, never has. The dealer says they can't fix it, nor can BMW, that it's just a problem in these cars. The USB port will not accept iphones. It works with ipod, but ipods are now integrated into iphones. No fix for that either. The speedometer is 4-5mph off, so you're not sure what speed you're going. I determined this from two different portable GPS's. No fix. BMW removed the electrical outlet from the bottom of the dash board, now there's only one outlet and it's in the console. But if you plug something in there (GPS for example) the wire runs all along your console next to your gear shift lever; plus, the console lid will not close. No fix for that.

Just gets better
By Joe on 11/24/09 16:19 PM (PST)

2010 BMW 3 Series Sedan 328i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

This my fourth BMW and after a brief stint in other performance vehicles, it is a distinct pleasure to be back in a 3 series. The smooth silky engine, the tight and predictable handling and the clean ergonomically correct cockpit. The performance is better than I remembered, particularly with the standard transmission. Appreciate the value package with free leather and USB interface. Overall a ten, I have no regrets and only positive things to say. A great car.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2010 BMW 3 Series Sedan in VA is:

$141 per month*