2010 BMW 3 Series 328i Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

Sort Reviews by

Really great car!!!
By atldane

2010 BMW 3 Series Sedan 328i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I have had 3 Land Rover Discovery and decided to try the 3 series. I still have my latest Discovery and have wanted to go back to a BMW for a while. My car was a loaner for the service department and had 12K miles when I bought it. This is an awesome car!! Def made for the driver. Even though it is only the 328I, it drives amazing. Perfect for driving on the interstate and intown. My partner has an E class Mercedes and does not like driving my BMW, but I don't like his Mercedes as much as mine. Really different driving experiences. I really recommend this car for anyone. I recently got 30.8 mpg..used to 13 mpg in my Rover!

Favorite Features

Handling, Driver experience, MPG, Great Looks, lots of comments.

Suggested Improvements

Sound system, cup holders, storage.

BMW
By cnd8

2010 BMW 3 Series Sedan 328i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

This is my first BMW. I have to admit, I prefer the ride and comfort of my previous Ford Fusion. The seats are quite firm. The ride is more bumpy. One thing that drives me insane is that the cup holders are in your passenger's lap. They really need to be in the console. There is room in the current design for at least one in the console. I wish they would have put a cup holder there instead of an open area.

Favorite Features

Exterior design

Suggested Improvements

Cups in the console. An unlock button (for all doors at one time) closer to the door so you can easily unlock when you are trying to do something.

First BMW. Now, I am flying, not driving
By Yves

2010 BMW 3 Series Sedan 328i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

This car (BMW 328i 6AM) is a driver's dream. I had an Acura TSX before: good car, but it was boring. I know, I should have bought a manual transmission(none were available), but the automatic transmission is excellent (I love the 'Sport' position). I like the size of this car: small enough to be fun to drive, large enough to carry large suitcases and 3~4 passengers. The audio system would be below average in a $15k car! Buy the upgrade or get the speakers replaced (not easily done, though).

Favorite Features

Engine, acceleration, handling, silence, interior finish and look (without GPS), transmission, wipers sensor, climatization

Suggested Improvements

More small storage spaces, larger std wheels/tires, better audio (not acceptable in this price range), more mpg, more electrical outlets, larger gas tank.

First 400 miles
By FloridaDriver

2010 BMW 3 Series Sedan 328i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Love my new 328i - Montego Blue color is amazing! Surprised BMW does not offer power drivers seat std this year, also they got rid of alarm system std? Agree with another reviewer they need to correct the power outlet in center console that you cannot close lid if wire coming through. Love the wheel design - even though 16" nice design and tires ride nicely. Base stereo could be better but do like HD radio. Impressive gas mileage for 3.0 I-6 with automatic on highway. Rough idle and downshifts are not very smooth..will have dealer check. Very quiet on the highway and comfortable leather seats.

Favorite Features

Exterior design and color. Wheel design. Gas mileage is very good on highway. Handling is superb. Excellent brakes. Very stable car.

Suggested Improvements

Better stereo in base car. Design of storage and power outlet more accessible. Power drivers seat should be standard in 30k+ car. Paint finish has orange peel.. could be better quality paint finish at this price. 2nd BMW with this they should work on it.

Fun to drive
By John

2010 BMW 3 Series Sedan 328i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I traded in my Infinity G37 for a new 328i with sport package and manual transmission. The G37 felt heavy and the auto took too long to downshift. G37 was a nice and fast car but not fun to drive. The BMW is fun to drive.

Favorite Features

Manual transmission, handling, steering, road feel, responsiveness.

Suggested Improvements

Cupholders, interior storage space.

New Owner
By Carl

2010 BMW 3 Series Sedan 328i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Wow! What a driving experience. Perfect weight distribution, steering, brakes, smooth stick shift, and overall handling. You must get the stick for the full experience in a 328i as it makes excellent use of the available power band. However, I think BMW can coax another 30 horses and 25 lb ft of torque out of the engine as they do in the X3. The inline 6 is an amazing engine, so smooth and linear.

Favorite Features

M Sport Package - totally different car with it! Fat steering wheel, short throw shifter, and M accents are very cool. Bluetooth and reverse back-up sensors are a nice touch and very handy.

Suggested Improvements

BMW totally dropped the ball on the base sound system. They deleted the amp, downsized the subs, and deleted 4 tweeters that USED to be standard from 2006-2009 models. A $41K car and this is what I get? I would have happily paid extra for Logic 7.

I'm not really that impressed
By KW

2010 BMW 3 Series Sedan 328i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I got this car for my wife. The sticker was above $37,000 Dollars. For that you get seats that manually adjust to any position but a comfortable one, 16" wheels(!), Bluetooth buttons that are only decorations, you don't actually get Bluetooth and a completely unintuitive radio. Even though the car drives well, I think it's the emperor's clothes.

Favorite Features

The new car smell.

Suggested Improvements

Don't put buttons in the car that are not serving any functions. It's insulting

Okay, not great!
By Ron

2010 BMW 3 Series Sedan 328i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Cabin is very quiet and comfortable. Acceleration and handling are good. Some people have trouble entering because of low overhead. Windshield sticker warns run flat tires get about 20 miles - expensive. Requires premium gas, but regular seems to run OK. Cabin interior storage is terrible. Owners materials & CD's have to store in trunk. Speedometer is about 4 mph too fast.

Favorite Features

Quiet cabin. Handling is good which makes one feel safe.

Suggested Improvements

Needs more interior storage. Run flat tires need to be discontinued because of short life, noisy, and high cost and minimum advantages.

malfunctions, no help from BMW
By Forest H.

2010 BMW 3 Series Sedan 328i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

The satellite radio does not work, never has. The dealer says they can't fix it, nor can BMW, that it's just a problem in these cars. The USB port will not accept iphones. It works with ipod, but ipods are now integrated into iphones. No fix for that either. The speedometer is 4-5mph off, so you're not sure what speed you're going. I determined this from two different portable GPS's. No fix. BMW removed the electrical outlet from the bottom of the dash board, now there's only one outlet and it's in the console. But if you plug something in there (GPS for example) the wire runs all along your console next to your gear shift lever; plus, the console lid will not close. No fix for that.

Favorite Features

The cars runs and handles nicely

Suggested Improvements

Stop selling satellite radios that don't work. Put the outlet back in the dash. Fix the speedometers. Make a console lid that will allow use of a wired device. The dealer drilled two holes in my front bumper and hung their dealer advertisement plate on it. Tell them to stop drilling holes in BMWs.

Just gets better
By Joe

2010 BMW 3 Series Sedan 328i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

This my fourth BMW and after a brief stint in other performance vehicles, it is a distinct pleasure to be back in a 3 series. The smooth silky engine, the tight and predictable handling and the clean ergonomically correct cockpit. The performance is better than I remembered, particularly with the standard transmission. Appreciate the value package with free leather and USB interface. Overall a ten, I have no regrets and only positive things to say. A great car.

Favorite Features

Engine, uncluttered cockpit, brakes, suspension and the audio system.

Suggested Improvements

None