2010 BMW 3 Series Diesel - Consumer Reviews

335d 3.0L 6-cyl. Turbo Diesel 6-speed Automatic - (14 reviews )
It's all about the Torque
By 796bam on 09/07/12 15:18 PM (PDT)

2010 BMW 3 Series Diesel 335d 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl Turbodiesel 6A)

Bought the 335d new and logged 30k miles. It's fast and fun. The torque is amazing and combined with great fuel economy it's unbelievable. Blow the doors off most cars and with lower emissions than the Prius. Passing is exhilarating at 60mph; the torque uncoils and the power feels unmetered, WOW it pushes your head back at 37mpg and 390 lbs of torque! Overall it's a great car!

2010 BMW 3 Series Diesel 335d Sedan (3.06L 6cyl Turbo diesel )
By hua1 on 01/02/11 14:13 PM (PST)

2010 BMW 3 Series Diesel 335d 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl Turbodiesel 6A)

After searched and compared so many times amount Mercedes E, Lexus GS, ES and BMW, finally I bought this 2010 BMW 3 Series Diesel 335d 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl Turbo diesel 6A). on January 23, 2010. I have driven this car for less than one year, but I am not so lucky as I expect, I have a lot of trouble for this car, I have send back to dealer for 4 times already for service. First I got vehicle indicating the refill diesel exhaust fluid as soon as possible warning on 5440 mileage. And refilled diesel exhaust fluid on 7/28/2010. Second time was Recheck and program control at 5768 mileage on 8/4/2010. Thirded time was vehicle indicating check engine soon light on, at 7747 mileage on 10/4/2010, this time the car stayed at dealer service for five days. Fourth time was break and DSC malfunction light on, this was after big snow on 2/27 at New Jersey, at mileage 10560. The appointment will be on January 7, 2011. right now I donít know how long the car will stay there. This is worst car I never have before, I had Toyota Cressda 1980, Toyota Celica 1990, Nissan Maxima SE 2000, and Mercedes Benz C230, 2003, in my family, but no one has these so many problems, and all problems are electronic problem, not mechanics, I donít know how BMW did the quality control for this car? When you drive a trouble car, you fell yourself sick, and uncomfortably, you did not get fun for driving. I am still wandering is this qualify for the New jersey LEMON LAW? This car is fuel economy which goes 36 mpg on high way and 32 on local. I have no complain on driving and handling.

Extremely Happy with the Diesel
By Dean on 09/10/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2010 BMW 3 Series Diesel 335d 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl Turbodiesel 6A)

I was excited to find that BMW offers a diesel version of the 3 series. I had a 325i and it was running high on miles and decided it was time to change. I found the 335d affordable since they offer an eco credit discount which does help a lot. The car is smooth like my old 325i (2006). The updated I Drive also works great. The best part, well two of the greatest thing about this car are fuel economy which gives me 36 mpg on the freeway and at times I've seen it average more than 36 on the freeway while going 80 mph. The other great thing is the acceleration. 0-60 is fast but going from 40-90 is a blur. Passing people on the freeway has never been easier. So far so good.

Solid, Powerful & Comfy
By PH de CA on 05/29/10 23:52 PM (PDT)

2010 BMW 3 Series Diesel 335d 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl Turbodiesel 6A)

After years of driving economy cars I finally splurged and bought a beautiful 335d + Prem Pkg, Nav, Comfort Access, Logic 7. One week and 600 miles later, I can't believe I waited so long. It's an absolute pleasure to drive -- powerful, stable & comfortable, with good fuel economy. The diesel engine has a deep, satisfying growl at low speeds, but is almost silent on the freeway, the best of both worlds. iDrive is easy to use, & live traffic on Nav is accurate. After babying it for several hundred miles, I allowed myself the pleasure of flooring it to pass someone. OMG - on an uphill grade, but seconds later they were a distant dot in my rear view mirror. I've been smiling a lot in this car!

Diesel Yes
By goodol on 05/22/10 05:38 AM (PDT)

2010 BMW 3 Series Diesel 335d 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl Turbodiesel 6A)

Actual mileage on the highway has been 37 to 40 mpg for me. The peak torque at a lower RPM allows for excellent acceleration. I have found diesel fuel everywhere.

Wow - 335d is a silent rocket
By Tonyspumoni on 05/16/10 20:15 PM (PDT)

2010 BMW 3 Series Diesel 335d 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl Turbodiesel 6A)

I have waited years for performance without guilt - the 335d might just be the perfect guilt-free car. The motor is deceptively quiet and capable of shoving 3800 lb of car 0-60 in 6. Lacking sports pkg it doesn't corner like a go kart, but body roll never feels like a problem, there's no understeer, and no sway in the tight stuff. Ride is supple and smooth. Feels like it is made of iron. This is a very fast, solid car - dangerously fast in fact. The combination of smooth ride, blazing acceleration, and virtual lack of motor noise gives you no standard point of reference - you can be doing 95 and have no idea.

Best CAr
By Bob Whalen on 04/28/10 13:39 PM (PDT)

2010 BMW 3 Series Diesel 335d 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl Turbodiesel 6A)

I love this car. It zips around town with ease. The engine emits a agrressive purr. Its simply perfect.

Love my BMW
By Tom Smith on 04/25/10 16:46 PM (PDT)

2010 BMW 3 Series Diesel 335d 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl Turbodiesel 6A)

This Car is crazy fun. It blasts around town like nothing. I love the deisel.

To 'D' or not to 'D'
By David Gulfcoast FL on 03/23/10 09:52 AM (PDT)

2010 BMW 3 Series Diesel 335d 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl Turbodiesel 6A)

Sold Audi a6 2.7t-too big for my needs. 3 series, though smaller than I wanted, is a better size. Miss the radio, larger comfortable seats, larger trunk for golf clubs-but BMW gives Superior free maintenance for next 4 yrs, huge savings in fuel consumption-diesel is evident only at start up and low mph-highway speeds, you cannot tell this is a diesel. I would have preferred an Audi quattro a5 a4 or a6 with more features, but hard to pass up the ecocredit, more aggressive dealer pricing than local Audi dealers - strong resale-all made the BMW less expensive over the next 2-4 years. Fit and finish are great-navigation is very good, but Audi navi is better. No complaints but economics 'drove' me to BMW.

Pure engineering- drivers car
By bigwaves on 02/15/10 17:51 PM (PST)

2010 BMW 3 Series Diesel 335d 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl Turbodiesel 6A)

If you like engineering to perfection this is the car for you. Great handling at high speeds and you can get great mileage is you want to back off. This is my 5th BMW and my favorite. Well maybe not my 2002 was great, but not reliable.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2010 BMW 3 Series Diesel in VA is:

$146 per month*