Used 2010 BMW 3 Series 328i xDrive Coupe Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2010 Bmw 3-series - Consumer Reviews

2010 BMW 3 Series Coupe

View reviews for a specific 3 Series model:

Little things are bugging me
By Dave J

2010 BMW 3 Series Coupe 328i xDrive 2dr Coupe AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I have had my 328i coupe for 4 weeks now and for the first time in my life the more I use a car the less I like it. The car has good performance but lack so may little things I have taken for granted in other cars. Example, the only way to lock the doors when exiting the vehicle is with the button on the key, you can not lock it any other way, the trunk lid is heavy you need a free hand to open it. I have also found the electronics to be difficult and not intuitive like in my Lexus.

Favorite Features

Performance - the car does move.

Suggested Improvements

More personal preference in car set up. If I want he car to lock when I leave it should lock, if I want the trunk lid to open when released it should open.

Solid Value
By BMW_135i

2010 BMW 3 Series Coupe 328i xDrive 2dr Coupe AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

This is my 2nd BMW in as many years. I traded in an 08 135i for the 328xi. The 328xi is a beautiful car inside and out. The interior is very handsome with quality materials used throughout. All BMWs have the same core DNA and this is true with the 328xi. Steering is precise if a little numb - I think the all season Conti's are a little to blame for the numbness, brakes are excellent, ride is very controlled and reassuring. The gas mileage is so so. To think I got similar gas mileage in the 135i with the N54 engine is a little hard to believe. The steptronic is excellent and shifts brilliantly. In normal mode the car is a little soft off the line but in sport mode the car picks right up.

Favorite Features

2nd Gen i-Drive, iPod adapter, Bluetooth, sport package, adaptive headlamps, heated steering wheel. The list goes on and on...

Suggested Improvements

Better standard audio system. Option for 18" wheels with All Season tires as well as summer only with sport package.

3-series Coupe Never Disappoints!
By ChuckD

2010 BMW 3 Series Coupe 328i xDrive 2dr Coupe AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

This is my third BMW, my second in the 3-series product line. This is my first Coupe. I was attracted, immediately, to the styling when it was revised for 2007. I test drove the car then and loved it but settled on the Z4 as it had an incredible lease deal that I could not pass up. Time came to turn in the Z4 and went for the Coupe. I have not missed the Z4 one day and that is a tall order. The Coupe is an amazing automobile. When I drove it home from the dealership I took the parkway and found myself thinking - this car isn't moving real fast - looked at the speedo - 95. Felt like I was doing 50. Typical of BMW's - they are made to be driven!

Favorite Features

The drive is my favorite feature. There is nothing like accelerating through a corner or cruising on a highway with the Coupe. Its acceleration is linear, its engine is whisper quiet. So much so I rely on the tach to shift, many times. As a purist, I always drive a stick - this one is stunning.

Suggested Improvements

Some suggested improvements - as with most BMW's cupholders are just OK. This one is better than my 07 Z4's. The way you get "handed" your seatbelt via a motorized handle is interesting, at first, but it gets old. These a so minor, they are almost laughable. Not much to dislike about the Coupe!

It's not the same
By Diane

2010 BMW 3 Series Coupe 328i xDrive 2dr Coupe AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Lease up on 2007, just leased a 2010. The increase in price over 3 years is not justified as far as quality and added features. I found many things in my 2007 that was not included in the 2010 model. One example is the radio.

Favorite Features

The engine/transmission, brakes, paint.

Suggested Improvements

Put back the little things like adjustable head rest, flashlight, back seat cargo nets, under hood insulation, ashtray with 12volt access.