Used 2010 BMW 3 Series 335d Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific 3 Series model:

It's all about the Torque
By 796bam

2010 BMW 3 Series 335d 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl Turbodiesel 6A)

Bought the 335d new and logged 30k miles. It's fast and fun. The torque is amazing and combined with great fuel economy it's unbelievable. Blow the doors off most cars and with lower emissions than the Prius. Passing is exhilarating at 60mph; the torque uncoils and the power feels unmetered, WOW it pushes your head back at 37mpg and 390 lbs of torque! Overall it's a great car!

It is an advanced driving machine and I am truly impressed with the combination of superb performance, handling and fuel economy. To top that the IRS offers a clean diesel tax credit of $900. It's in a class by itself. The most appreciated, yet inconspicuous feature, has to be the rain sensor windshield wipers. This is a sweet design and makes driving in the rain a little easier.

The fit and finish is quality, but the Germans do not favor creature comfort in this model. Cup holders are clever, if few and the iPod jack is located in the console... the worst design ever. The AC/heater sounds like a jet engine on high. The seat gets uncomfortable on long trips (6'-2") but great around town.

2010 BMW 3 Series Diesel 335d Sedan (3.06L 6cyl Turbo diesel )
By hua1

2010 BMW 3 Series 335d 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl Turbodiesel 6A)

After searched and compared so many times amount Mercedes E, Lexus GS, ES and BMW, finally I bought this 2010 BMW 3 Series Diesel 335d 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl Turbo diesel 6A). on January 23, 2010. I have driven this car for less than one year, but I am not so lucky as I expect, I have a lot of trouble for this car, I have send back to dealer for 4 times already for service. First I got vehicle indicating the refill diesel exhaust fluid as soon as possible warning on 5440 mileage. And refilled diesel exhaust fluid on 7/28/2010. Second time was Recheck and program control at 5768 mileage on 8/4/2010. Thirded time was vehicle indicating check engine soon light on, at 7747 mileage on 10/4/2010, this time the car stayed at dealer service for five days. Fourth time was break and DSC malfunction light on, this was after big snow on 2/27 at New Jersey, at mileage 10560. The appointment will be on January 7, 2011. right now I donít know how long the car will stay there. This is worst car I never have before, I had Toyota Cressda 1980, Toyota Celica 1990, Nissan Maxima SE 2000, and Mercedes Benz C230, 2003, in my family, but no one has these so many problems, and all problems are electronic problem, not mechanics, I donít know how BMW did the quality control for this car? When you drive a trouble car, you fell yourself sick, and uncomfortably, you did not get fun for driving. I am still wandering is this qualify for the New jersey LEMON LAW? This car is fuel economy which goes 36 mpg on high way and 32 on local. I have no complain on driving and handling.

Quality and Reliable.

Extremely Happy with the Diesel
By Dean

2010 BMW 3 Series 335d 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl Turbodiesel 6A)

I was excited to find that BMW offers a diesel version of the 3 series. I had a 325i and it was running high on miles and decided it was time to change. I found the 335d affordable since they offer an eco credit discount which does help a lot. The car is smooth like my old 325i (2006). The updated I Drive also works great. The best part, well two of the greatest thing about this car are fuel economy which gives me 36 mpg on the freeway and at times I've seen it average more than 36 on the freeway while going 80 mph. The other great thing is the acceleration. 0-60 is fast but going from 40-90 is a blur. Passing people on the freeway has never been easier. So far so good.

Fuel economy, acceleration, I-Drive

A couple of times the car smelled like bbq which kind of scares me and the I-Drive completely resets every now and then. I'm sure these can fixed if brought into the dealership.

Solid, Powerful & Comfy
By PH de CA

2010 BMW 3 Series 335d 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl Turbodiesel 6A)

After years of driving economy cars I finally splurged and bought a beautiful 335d + Prem Pkg, Nav, Comfort Access, Logic 7. One week and 600 miles later, I can't believe I waited so long. It's an absolute pleasure to drive -- powerful, stable & comfortable, with good fuel economy. The diesel engine has a deep, satisfying growl at low speeds, but is almost silent on the freeway, the best of both worlds. iDrive is easy to use, & live traffic on Nav is accurate. After babying it for several hundred miles, I allowed myself the pleasure of flooring it to pass someone. OMG - on an uphill grade, but seconds later they were a distant dot in my rear view mirror. I've been smiling a lot in this car!

Diesel is awesome. Upgraded audio is nice: crisp, detailed sound across full spectrum. And on freeway it's quiet enough that you can actually hear the music. Love iDrive & BMW Assist. 4-year service plan pretty cool too. They got their tag line right -- this is the ultimate driving machine.

iDrive & nav seem to leave no room for any extra storage cubbyholes, only an open tray in front of shifter. Driver cup holder is a bit of a reach. But who cares? I didn't buy this car for cup holders. This is a fantastic car.

Diesel Yes
By goodol

2010 BMW 3 Series 335d 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl Turbodiesel 6A)

Actual mileage on the highway has been 37 to 40 mpg for me. The peak torque at a lower RPM allows for excellent acceleration. I have found diesel fuel everywhere.

Fun to drive. Advanced diesel makes it friendly to the planet. Does not smell like a diesel. Very very happy with this purchase.