2010 BMW 3 Series - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 3 Series model:
It's all about the Torque
By 796bam on 09/07/12 15:18 PM (PDT)

2010 BMW 3 Series 335d 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl Turbodiesel 6A)

Bought the 335d new and logged 30k miles. It's fast and fun. The torque is amazing and combined with great fuel economy it's unbelievable. Blow the doors off most cars and with lower emissions than the Prius. Passing is exhilarating at 60mph; the torque uncoils and the power feels unmetered, WOW it pushes your head back at 37mpg and 390 lbs of torque! Overall it's a great car!

2010 BMW 335i
By james108 on 04/07/12 22:51 PM (PDT)

2010 BMW 3 Series 335i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

We have been moving from Toyota to BMW in the past years. After having a 7 and 3, we just got this 335i and like it even better. I thought my bmw's are fast, but this one is even faster.

Really great car!!!
By atldane on 09/08/11 22:54 PM (PDT)

2010 BMW 3 Series 328i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I have had 3 Land Rover Discovery and decided to try the 3 series. I still have my latest Discovery and have wanted to go back to a BMW for a while. My car was a loaner for the service department and had 12K miles when I bought it. This is an awesome car!! Def made for the driver. Even though it is only the 328I, it drives amazing. Perfect for driving on the interstate and intown. My partner has an E class Mercedes and does not like driving my BMW, but I don't like his Mercedes as much as mine. Really different driving experiences. I really recommend this car for anyone. I recently got 30.8 mpg..used to 13 mpg in my Rover!

2010 BMW 3 Series Diesel 335d Sedan (3.06L 6cyl Turbo diesel )
By hua1 on 01/02/11 14:13 PM (PST)

2010 BMW 3 Series 335d 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl Turbodiesel 6A)

After searched and compared so many times amount Mercedes E, Lexus GS, ES and BMW, finally I bought this 2010 BMW 3 Series Diesel 335d 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl Turbo diesel 6A). on January 23, 2010. I have driven this car for less than one year, but I am not so lucky as I expect, I have a lot of trouble for this car, I have send back to dealer for 4 times already for service. First I got vehicle indicating the refill diesel exhaust fluid as soon as possible warning on 5440 mileage. And refilled diesel exhaust fluid on 7/28/2010. Second time was Recheck and program control at 5768 mileage on 8/4/2010. Thirded time was vehicle indicating check engine soon light on, at 7747 mileage on 10/4/2010, this time the car stayed at dealer service for five days. Fourth time was break and DSC malfunction light on, this was after big snow on 2/27 at New Jersey, at mileage 10560. The appointment will be on January 7, 2011. right now I don’t know how long the car will stay there. This is worst car I never have before, I had Toyota Cressda 1980, Toyota Celica 1990, Nissan Maxima SE 2000, and Mercedes Benz C230, 2003, in my family, but no one has these so many problems, and all problems are electronic problem, not mechanics, I don’t know how BMW did the quality control for this car? When you drive a trouble car, you fell yourself sick, and uncomfortably, you did not get fun for driving. I am still wandering is this qualify for the New jersey LEMON LAW? This car is fuel economy which goes 36 mpg on high way and 32 on local. I have no complain on driving and handling.

My Dream Come True
By Flaglergal on 11/24/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2010 BMW 3 Series 335i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

I have always driven "sensible" cars, Camry, Taurus, Etc. My last car was a 2007 Maxima and believe me I loved it until now. I decided I wanted a BMW. I went to the dealership with intentions of buying and I did. I wasn't looking for the 335i turbo but once I drove it I knew it was mine. I drove from Florida to Pennsylvania this weekend and it was a dream. This car handles better than any car I ever had, hugs the road without outside noise. Seats, took awhile for me to figure out all the adjustments, are very comfortable. Being petite I often have trouble with the seats, not this car. My one complaint-the seat belt doesn't adjust so it crosses against my neck and not comfortable

Very disappointed
By nad on 11/14/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2010 BMW 3 Series 328i 2dr Convertible (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

In 10 months had to go to the dealer about 10 times. The engine on light was malfunctioning, then the tires wore out badly, tires cost about $2000, after a year, thats a joke. I had sebring convertible,put same mileage on it, had no problems. BMW is unreliable to me. It is otherwise nice looking car, fun to drive.

Nice car with some issues
By --- on 10/31/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2010 BMW 3 Series 328i xDrive 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Nice car with lots of delightful features (especially with the almost fully loaded car). There have been a lot of complaints about the run flat tires. They are noisy and makes the car handle poorly. A great car has been a bit handicapped because of this choice by BMW which maybe should be offered as an option to buyers. Note that runflats are not installed on BMW's pure sport M3 model. This shows you what BMW themselves think about runflat tires. The base audio system is also very poor IMO. But there are tons of details and safety features that one should not overlook and other than the nitpicks above this is an awesome car. There is a reason why this is very popular in this segment

Calling it free service is a gimmick
By dee on 10/07/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2010 BMW 3 Series 328i xDrive 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Having owned multiple BMW's I can say they are great cars. But the company uses the marketing trick of saying service is free, when in fact, they determine what normal service is, so don't really do much service to the car. BMW says the car can go 25,000 miles between oil changes, has lifetime coolant that never needs service, and they don't check the car out for issues until about end of the 4 years of free service .

BMW
By cnd8 on 09/15/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2010 BMW 3 Series 328i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

This is my first BMW. I have to admit, I prefer the ride and comfort of my previous Ford Fusion. The seats are quite firm. The ride is more bumpy. One thing that drives me insane is that the cup holders are in your passenger's lap. They really need to be in the console. There is room in the current design for at least one in the console. I wish they would have put a cup holder there instead of an open area.

Extremely Happy with the Diesel
By Dean on 09/10/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2010 BMW 3 Series 335d 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl Turbodiesel 6A)

I was excited to find that BMW offers a diesel version of the 3 series. I had a 325i and it was running high on miles and decided it was time to change. I found the 335d affordable since they offer an eco credit discount which does help a lot. The car is smooth like my old 325i (2006). The updated I Drive also works great. The best part, well two of the greatest thing about this car are fuel economy which gives me 36 mpg on the freeway and at times I've seen it average more than 36 on the freeway while going 80 mph. The other great thing is the acceleration. 0-60 is fast but going from 40-90 is a blur. Passing people on the freeway has never been easier. So far so good.

1 2 3 4 5 next »

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2010 BMW 3 Series in WA is:

$173 per month*