Used 2010 BMW 3 Series Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2010 BMW 3 Series - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 3 Series model:

Boy oh boy!
By Jarrod

2010 BMW 3 Series 328i xDrive 2dr Coupe AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Took a minute for me to get used to it but now I can't stop looking at it or wanting to drive it.... so fast, so cool. Lots of bells n whistles, with a true luxurious look n feel. I'm 5'10.5 so I feel a little cramped at times but a few adjustments here n there and off I go. You WILL enjoy this car undoubtedly.

It's all about the Torque
By 796bam

2010 BMW 3 Series 335d 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl Turbodiesel 6A)

Bought the 335d new and logged 30k miles. It's fast and fun. The torque is amazing and combined with great fuel economy it's unbelievable. Blow the doors off most cars and with lower emissions than the Prius. Passing is exhilarating at 60mph; the torque uncoils and the power feels unmetered, WOW it pushes your head back at 37mpg and 390 lbs of torque! Overall it's a great car!

It is an advanced driving machine and I am truly impressed with the combination of superb performance, handling and fuel economy. To top that the IRS offers a clean diesel tax credit of $900. It's in a class by itself. The most appreciated, yet inconspicuous feature, has to be the rain sensor windshield wipers. This is a sweet design and makes driving in the rain a little easier.

The fit and finish is quality, but the Germans do not favor creature comfort in this model. Cup holders are clever, if few and the iPod jack is located in the console... the worst design ever. The AC/heater sounds like a jet engine on high. The seat gets uncomfortable on long trips (6'-2") but great around town.

2010 BMW 335i
By james108

2010 BMW 3 Series 335i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

We have been moving from Toyota to BMW in the past years. After having a 7 and 3, we just got this 335i and like it even better. I thought my bmw's are fast, but this one is even faster.

They're really ultimate driving machines. Good engine and great brake. Feel safe on the road.

Some small electronics issues and bmw dealers charge customers way too much.

Really great car!!!
By atldane

2010 BMW 3 Series 328i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I have had 3 Land Rover Discovery and decided to try the 3 series. I still have my latest Discovery and have wanted to go back to a BMW for a while. My car was a loaner for the service department and had 12K miles when I bought it. This is an awesome car!! Def made for the driver. Even though it is only the 328I, it drives amazing. Perfect for driving on the interstate and intown. My partner has an E class Mercedes and does not like driving my BMW, but I don't like his Mercedes as much as mine. Really different driving experiences. I really recommend this car for anyone. I recently got 30.8 mpg..used to 13 mpg in my Rover!

Handling, Driver experience, MPG, Great Looks, lots of comments.

Sound system, cup holders, storage.

2010 BMW 3 Series Diesel 335d Sedan (3.06L 6cyl Turbo diesel )
By hua1

2010 BMW 3 Series 335d 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl Turbodiesel 6A)

After searched and compared so many times amount Mercedes E, Lexus GS, ES and BMW, finally I bought this 2010 BMW 3 Series Diesel 335d 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl Turbo diesel 6A). on January 23, 2010. I have driven this car for less than one year, but I am not so lucky as I expect, I have a lot of trouble for this car, I have send back to dealer for 4 times already for service. First I got vehicle indicating the refill diesel exhaust fluid as soon as possible warning on 5440 mileage. And refilled diesel exhaust fluid on 7/28/2010. Second time was Recheck and program control at 5768 mileage on 8/4/2010. Thirded time was vehicle indicating check engine soon light on, at 7747 mileage on 10/4/2010, this time the car stayed at dealer service for five days. Fourth time was break and DSC malfunction light on, this was after big snow on 2/27 at New Jersey, at mileage 10560. The appointment will be on January 7, 2011. right now I donít know how long the car will stay there. This is worst car I never have before, I had Toyota Cressda 1980, Toyota Celica 1990, Nissan Maxima SE 2000, and Mercedes Benz C230, 2003, in my family, but no one has these so many problems, and all problems are electronic problem, not mechanics, I donít know how BMW did the quality control for this car? When you drive a trouble car, you fell yourself sick, and uncomfortably, you did not get fun for driving. I am still wandering is this qualify for the New jersey LEMON LAW? This car is fuel economy which goes 36 mpg on high way and 32 on local. I have no complain on driving and handling.

Quality and Reliable.