Used 2010 BMW 3 Series Consumer Reviews - 53 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2010 BMW 3 Series - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 3 Series model:

Value for the $
By LaToya

2010 BMW 3 Series 328i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Great value for the $ I paid

Fun to drive when it was in my possession
By Todd

2010 BMW 3 Series 335i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

Repair shops have had "ownership" of this vehicle an estimated 6 months of my 3.5 years of ownership. I put $2800 into turbo purchase, $1500 into labor then a new turbo blew so another $1500 for labor since the subframe had to be dropped again to install the new turbo. For what the car is worth I've had turbos replace, replaced the valve cover myself due to pcv crack, injectors replaced, fuel pump replaced so I've spent almost half of the cars worth in repairs!!!!!!. Maintenance wise just a nightmare, but a fun car to drive.

Expected Higher Quality
By Robert

2010 BMW 3 Series 328i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Issues to date: Rear tail light assembly failed, front windshield rubber trim disintegrated, rear window trim disintegrated, rear view mirror retaining ring pops out making the mirror flop all over and not stay in position, rear seat stitching failed near headrest seam. These seem minor but they are all very irritating. I've owned several Mercedes, a Jaguar, and my daily driver is a Porsche. This is my wife's car so I am constantly fielding these repairs. First BMW and I expected more.

Boy oh boy!
By Jarrod

2010 BMW 3 Series 328i xDrive 2dr Coupe AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Took a minute for me to get used to it but now I can't stop looking at it or wanting to drive it.... so fast, so cool. Lots of bells n whistles, with a true luxurious look n feel. I'm 5'10.5 so I feel a little cramped at times but a few adjustments here n there and off I go. You WILL enjoy this car undoubtedly. ****Update. Still drives like a dream and for you that worry above the car being unable to handle bad weather, we'll we just dug ourselves out of a Northeastern blizzard and this baby navigated the roads like a true champ (DTC off). Go ahead, make the investment. You won't be sorry.

It's all about the Torque
By 796bam

2010 BMW 3 Series 335d 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl Turbodiesel 6A)

Bought the 335d new and logged 30k miles. It's fast and fun. The torque is amazing and combined with great fuel economy it's unbelievable. Blow the doors off most cars and with lower emissions than the Prius.

Passing is exhilarating at 60mph; the torque uncoils and the power feels unmetered, WOW it pushes your head back at 37mpg and 390 lbs of torque!

Overall it's a great car!

It is an advanced driving machine and I am truly impressed with the combination of superb performance, handling and fuel economy. To top that the IRS offers a clean diesel tax credit of $900. It's in a class by itself. The most appreciated, yet inconspicuous feature, has to be the rain sensor windshield wipers. This is a sweet design and makes driving in the rain a little easier.

The fit and finish is quality, but the Germans do not favor creature comfort in this model. Cup holders are clever, if few and the iPod jack is located in the console... the worst design ever. The AC/heater sounds like a jet engine on high. The seat gets uncomfortable on long trips (6'-2") but great around town.