2009 BMW 3 Series Consumer Review: VROOM!

2009 BMW 3 Series - Consumer Review

By DieselNorthernNJ on

2009 BMW 3 Series 335d 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl Turbodiesel 6A)

I'm a car junkie. Been through 4 cars in the past 3 years. 07 328xi, 09 328i manual (CPO), 09 G37x (the 328i manual annoyed me - radio was whacked out without a fix supposedly, so tried Japanese) and now 09 CPO 335d. I missed the engineering of a BMW and when I saw this 335d CPO, I had to try it. The itch hit me after the test drive and I bought it. The car is incredible. Power and efficiency amazing. Low end torque so fun, but it's even better to go 60 mph and then floor it. Gets to 100 mph in a snap. Hitting the turns and winding roads feels so much better in this car than the G37X. Getting about 32 mpg in mixed driving. The engine growl - a muscle car in disguise!

Power availability, navigation, efficiency, BMW "feel" (I hope they don't ruin it with next 3 redesign like they did with the 2011 5 - steering feels terrible in the 5). 2 years left on maintenance and service plan. Standard radio's not bad actually.

My 3rd 3 series - dumb cupholders. Storage is limited somewhat, but car isn't meant to be a junk hauler. Hoping the fuel pump issues with the 335i don't come into play with the 335d. I read the 335d has a different pump and system. Small rattles once in a while, but performance reigns!