2009 BMW 3 Series Consumer Review: Second time lucky

2009 BMW 3 Series Diesel - Consumer Review

Second time lucky
By big kev on

2009 BMW 3 Series 335d 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl Turbodiesel 6A)

This is my second 3 series - the first was 2007 335i and for some reason this 'update' is a much better car. I have 16" wheels with 205/50 tires deliberately avoiding low profiles and the ride is very comfortable, and handling is fine (runflat smash and crash is gone!) I find The car more comfortable than the 5 series and traded my 2008 Audi A4, which I liked a lot but the Beema is much smoother and more 'refined' - especially the diesel engine. Hated the old 3 series mainly because of the high fuel bills and the horrible ride - love this one; mainly because of the improved ride due to non low profile runflats and Continental tires rather than Bridgestone which were awful.

Mileage, torque, comfortable seats (I'm 6'2") handling and the way it looks.

Instruments are a bit small, and it makes a high pitched 'whining' noise through the gears. Not loud but annoying and noticeable. Told the dealer and they said 'they just do that'. Nothing wrong.