2009 BMW 3 Series Consumer Review: Not perfect, but very, very go

2009 BMW 3 Series - Consumer Review

Not perfect, but very, very good!
By JAD on

2009 BMW 3 Series 328i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Would have given it all 10s but couldn't because of the flimsy exterior mirrors, the bad cup holder design and, worst of all, the run flat tires. These have to go, and as soon as I have the time I will get rid of them and replace them with regular high performance tires. The RFTs make the ride rough and the cost of replacing them is ridiculous. These tires are my biggest drawback about the BMW. Fuel economy isn't as good as I'd like but I'm not complaining about that because the performance of the car is excellent. Test drove the C-class, but once I drove the BMW I knew right away that its a much better car. Too early to tell about reliability, but so far its looking like a keeper.

Favorite Features

This car is a real beauty, especially with metallic paint and 17" wheels. People stare at it everywhere. Much roomier than it looks from the outside. Fits me perfectly. Tight handling. Feels rock solid on the road. Fast. Not as cheap looking inside as the C-class.

Suggested Improvements

Didn't care for the iDrive. This needs to go. Not worth the $$$ IMO. If you need a nav get a Garmin. BMW should ditch the run flats and put back regular tires and a spare on this car. Cup holders are flimsy, cheap, and placed in a bad spot. Get rid of the vinyl and make leather standard.