2009 BMW 3 Series Consumer Review: Good performer, questionable r

2009 BMW 3 Series - Consumer Review

Good performer, questionable reliability
By Jason on

2009 BMW 3 Series 335i xDrive 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

After test driving several makes and models, I bought the 335i xDrive with the sports package and nav. The car has been in the shop for approximately 2 of the 6 weeks that I have owned the car... so far (issues with a coolant pump). Car drives well on dry road but during our recent snow storm, the car had poor traction despite xDrive and the car slips and slides with the slightest braking. Most likely due to the tires that come with the Sports package. When I drove the 328xi loaner car, while my car was in the shop, it drove well in the snow. Overall, a good looking sleek car with good performance and features.

Naturally, the most favorite feature is the performance. Nav works great. I read reviews about how horrible iDrive is but, I thought it is overall very user friendly. Easy blue tooth hook up to the phone.

Get rid of the auto dimming feature for the rear and side view mirrors. Improve climate control. Cup holders are the worst I've seen (location and quality).