2009 BMW 3 Series 3.0L 6-cyl. 6-speed Manual Consumer Review - Follow-up review after 17K miles

2009 BMW 3 Series - Consumer Review

328i Coupe (3.0L 6-cyl. 6-speed Manual)

Follow-up review after 17K miles
By Michael on

2009 BMW 3 Series 328i 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Well, it's now almost 2 full seasons of winter later, 2 oil changes - and this car is as responsive as my first drive with it.. maybe even more so as the CDV issue seems to have disappeared after the "break-in" period. Had a couple issues with the tire-pressure-monitor system going off when winter rolled through; nothing that a trip to the dealership couldn't resolve. Started noticing various things "creaking" such as the drivers seat (when applying mid/upper back pressure) and the center console elbow rest. Also, the rear-window dot matrix makes it impossible to get a nice uniform tint. If you can look past these, then IMO, this is still the absolute best luxury AWD coupe on the road.

Favorite Features

I haven't noticed any "new" features since my initial reviews - but I did add the OEM M3 lip spoiler to my trunk lid, along with a 35/20% tint job. Now my car is very, very close to my idea of the perfect all-season daily driver.

Suggested Improvements

Please do something about the dot matrix on the rear window - or simply offer an option for a factory installed rear window tint. This might be a stretch, but how about providing RFTs as part of the 4-year covered warranty? Then your customers would have ultimate peace of mind.