First BMW
By traindb on
2009 BMW 3 Series 335i 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6M)
This is my first BMW. I previously owned an Infiniti G35. No comparison. I always thought the car magazines were in the tank for BMW, until I bought this car. It's my favorite car I've ever owned. The engine reminds me of a sewing machine. It it so smooth and never runs out of power. The turbo is great. I test drove a 328, which was nice, but it had no get up and go. With 22000 miles on it, my 335 still feels solid as a rock. I'm single with no kids, and the only reason I will ever get rid of this car is if my lifestyle changes and I need more room. The backseat is way better than the Infiniti (an adult can actually sit upright), but it's still a pain to get in and out.
Favorite Features
The engine is great. I really like the interior. What initially got my attention was the exterior styling. I still find myself smiling when I'm walking across a parking lot toward it. The transmission is smooth. The fit and finish are superb. There's very little not to like about this car
Suggested Improvements
If you wear polarized sunglasses, don't even bother looking at the radio, because you won't be able to see it. I'm not a fan of the idiot warning system. On the 1st cold day of year, the tire pressure warning light comes on. I check the tires. Not low. Fill to max and reset the system. Pain!