2009 BMW 3 Series - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 3 Series model:
RFT's ruin this car
By JRMACH1 on 07/07/09 06:07 AM (PDT)

2009 BMW 3 Series 328i 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Recently bought '09 328I coupe with Premium and Sporkts pkg. The car is outstanding in every aspect except for the Run Flat Tires (RFT) which come on the car. The tires produce so much road noise that they totally ruin the BMW experience. If you don't mind a sports/luxury car that has the road noise of a 4 wheel drive truck/suv then you will love this car. Wish I could get my '02 325CIc back.

AWD Fun
By Bimmer man on 07/06/09 12:52 PM (PDT)

2009 BMW 3 Series 328i xDrive 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Traded a 2003 325I for the 328 X Drive to help w/ the midwestern winter. Love the car, more refined than the 2003. A tad quicker, a tad bigger. Little concerned about a front end noise when entering parking lots or the driveway. We also have a 2004 G35X, stronger engine, more interior space but not nearly as refined as the BMW overall.

Rocket on Wheels
By fjz on 07/04/09 22:18 PM (PDT)

2009 BMW 3 Series 335i 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

Awesome ride and performance; for the price beats the M3. Bought to be driven hard and fast-not worried about little details like cupholders, etc.

Still the Best
By Rags on 06/24/09 14:46 PM (PDT)

2009 BMW 3 Series 328i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Excellent machine! Is a pleasure to sit in and drive. Very good balance between comfort and power and handles like a dream.

First Impressions
By Henry P on 06/24/09 09:31 AM (PDT)

2009 BMW 3 Series 328i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

This car is very comfortable (I'm 6ft 2in), feels solid and inspires confidence. I haven't driven it much @ high speeds, mainly around town. I wanted a 6sp manual, but would have had to order it from the factory, so I got auto which came with sport drive & paddle shifters, which I enjoy. I'm only getting about 15 mpg in city driving altho I usually keep transmission in reg drive. I have the sport seats which give great lateral support & are very comfortable. Only issue is with the run-flat tires; I tested the cold tire pressure & one of the front tires was @ 40 psi; mfg recommends 32 psi front, but when I let out air to get to 32 psi in the tire, I got a low pressure warning per the TPM.

Great All-Wheel Drive Car
By RAS100 on 06/21/09 19:16 PM (PDT)

2009 BMW 3 Series 328i xDrive 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Have had this car for about 4 months and 5,000 miles. I am very happy with the car and its performance. Build quality is excellent and handling is superb. I love to drive it just about anywhere. I bought it with the 6 speed which is quite nice. Great clutch but shifter is a bit notchy. Should get better with age. Got a great deal with .9% interest with BMW paying the first 2 payments. I'm getting a solid 23 mpg and more on the highway.

Love my 335D!!
By Pat in Connecticut on 06/17/09 10:38 AM (PDT)

2009 BMW 3 Series 335d 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl Turbodiesel 6A)

Much better than I expected in both performance and mileage. I am averaging 42HW and 29 City for a combined 33.6 mpg ave. The performance is unreal and I'm very happy with my purchase.

First BMW
By traindb on 06/13/09 16:35 PM (PDT)

2009 BMW 3 Series 335i 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

This is my first BMW. I previously owned an Infiniti G35. No comparison. I always thought the car magazines were in the tank for BMW, until I bought this car. It's my favorite car I've ever owned. The engine reminds me of a sewing machine. It it so smooth and never runs out of power. The turbo is great. I test drove a 328, which was nice, but it had no get up and go. With 22000 miles on it, my 335 still feels solid as a rock. I'm single with no kids, and the only reason I will ever get rid of this car is if my lifestyle changes and I need more room. The backseat is way better than the Infiniti (an adult can actually sit upright), but it's still a pain to get in and out.

Ultimate Driving Machine!
By Basha on 06/08/09 12:40 PM (PDT)

2009 BMW 3 Series 328i xDrive 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I have always dreamed about owning a BMW and I did! The way this car drives is amazing! It makes u feel u wanna keep driving it all day! I put 7,000 miles in less than 4 months! I just can't stop driving it! The design, the handling, the luxury, the comfort.. I would recommend it for anyone...

The Ultimate driving machine
By jbmw3 on 06/01/09 17:43 PM (PDT)

2009 BMW 3 Series 328i 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

This is my 4th 3-series, and I should have done more research. When AC is on, the engine does not feel as smooth as it should when stopped at a red light. Driving at speeds of 40 miles per hour, you can hear high pitch sound. The run flat tires are a good idea, but makes the ride feel more stiff, tires wear out quicker than regular tires, and the tires cost about 150 dollars more per tire. Gasoline requirement is recommended 93 top tier gasoline. One interesting thing I noticed is that if their are no error codes during the diagnostic testing, you can forget about BMW looking into it. The part has to break down.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.