2009 BMW 3 Series Consumer Reviews 7

2009 BMW 3 Series - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 3 Series model:
Test drive carefully
By Ben on 08/07/09 14:19 PM (PDT)

2009 BMW 3 Series 328i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

The whining noise (transmission?) is totally out of character for a luxury car. Dealer insists it's normal. I don't believe it...it's driving me crazy. Be sure to test drive before you buy and listen carefully for the whine.

Jet without wings
By arjay1 on 08/07/09 13:14 PM (PDT)

2009 BMW 3 Series 335d 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl Turbodiesel 6A)

Had the the car for about 3 weeks now. Having too much fun. I never thought I'd be driving a diesel. Diesel smell gives me a headache but this car does not have it. The exhaust pipes are still so shiny even after 1250 miles of driving. Have to buy a good radar detector to help reduce the chance of getting tickets. Car goes to 50 mph too fast and without much effort. Run flat tires not much of a bother.

The BMW for drivers
By carguy on 08/07/09 12:21 PM (PDT)

2009 BMW 3 Series 335i 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

This is my 3rd BMW coupe and it is by far the best as it builds on what BMW does best - great performance without sacrificing everyday driveability and comfort. The twin turbo six delivers amazing torque throughout the rev range and the new ZF auto transmission shifts are crisp and timely - especially when in sport mode. The interior is a clean design and driver oriented with minimal electronic visual distractions. Visibility is excellent and the ride, while firm, is a good compromise between handling and comfort.

The Ride
By Donbl on 08/01/09 11:17 AM (PDT)

2009 BMW 3 Series 335i 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

Car has all the toys: premium, sport, GPS, Logic7, HD, iPOD and etc. Really scoots but it is also somewhat harsh to ride in. Could be the RFT or just the way it is designed with sport suspension. The iDrive is OK but the location is right where I rest my hand and that tends to cause phone calls and etc. 96 pages in electronics operation guide. Got the extended warranty and tire warranty. The difference between standard and Logic7 is much more than three speakers. Standard has 180 watts and Logic7 has 420 watts plus two additional front tweeters, front center speaker, higher quality speakers and surround sound. Much bigger sound.

Worth the wait!
By ncdriver on 07/27/09 08:08 AM (PDT)

2009 BMW 3 Series 335d 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl Turbodiesel 6A)

My husband and I wanted to buy a fuel efficient car that was safe and fun to drive. Finally the BMW brought the diesels to the US! Once we test drove this car - we both fell for it. This car is a blast to drive and very comfortable. My husband commutes in it the most and we always take the BMW 335d on weekends. We even plan to take it on the next family road trip. Our kids (one booster, one car seat) fit fine in the back seat and we can fit two medium suitcases in the trunk, plus a few more things. Hope they offer the manual option and the Wagon in the future.

Why did I wait so long to buy it
By Naui on 07/26/09 22:04 PM (PDT)

2009 BMW 3 Series 335i xDrive 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

I can't stop driving it. I want to drive cross country with it. There is nothing I can complain about the vehicle, and trust me if it even had the smallest rattle it would drive me crazy. Nothing but outstanding German build quality. Considering I am comparing it to the Honda/Acura I owned before.

Lemon?
By Richie1020 on 07/26/09 07:01 AM (PDT)

2009 BMW 3 Series 335i xDrive 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

Two problems have detracted from my enjoyment of the 2099 BMW 335xi. Car is back at the dealer for the third time for replacement of fuel injector jets. Four this time. I get up to speed on the highway, but do not have a heavy foot and haven't had the car on a race track. What's the story? Getting close to Lemon Law time! The run-flat, low-profile tires are just awful on New England roads. Never, never again. Hit anything a half-inch high or low and it sounds like the car is bottoming out. Extremely rough ride at even 40 mph.

Very expeneisve RFT
By kazakci on 07/25/09 10:48 AM (PDT)

2009 BMW 3 Series 328i xDrive 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

This car is so much fun to drive and so expensive to maintain. It has been 8 months. Finally I hit a pot hole in New York City and had a bubble on the side. Our dealer changed the tire and charged $488 for one single tire!!! I had insurance and expected to be reimbursed. However, this is another sign that this is a premium car and it is expensive to drive.

Fun on Wheels
By ez2do on 07/23/09 07:21 AM (PDT)

2009 BMW 3 Series 328i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I've had my new 2009 328i for 2 months now and it's been great so far. Very smooth ride, responsive handling, feel the road, and more than adequate on gas mileage. I have to watch the speedometer at all times because it drives very fast. Acceleration from full stop could be better. In hindsight I should not have purchased in Alpine White as it shows dirt easily but after each wash, it looks beautiful.

My little Bimmer
By Rom on 07/16/09 18:16 PM (PDT)

2009 BMW 3 Series 328i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I love driving this car. The best part of my day is getting in the drivers seat of my car. This car handles like a dream and I have never driven a car that is better. I test drove an Audi A4, Merecedes C300, and a Nissan Maxima. None of those cars could come close to the BMW. I highly recommend this vehicle.