Used 2009 BMW 3 Series Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2009 BMW 3 Series

View reviews for a specific 3 Series model:

Best Car I have Owned
By steve

2009 BMW 3 Series 335i xDrive 2dr Coupe AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

This car is great. First BMW I have owned and the performance, handling and seat comfort are fabulous. Got rid of my lumbar roll as the sport seats and lumbar support are that comfortable. Everything else I have owned except for a Boxster feel slushy in comparison and you can drive this in the New England winter without problem. The iDrive works well without the problems previous iterations have had. The Navigation system is mostly intuitive and accurate. A few issues.....the 18" low profile run-flats and sport suspension are very harsh and potholes are to be avoided at all costs. I have already had one replaced due to side wall failure at a cost of $750!!?? Glove box is too small!

Favorite Features

Handling and performance. Incredibly comfortable seats with side bolsters, lumbar support and adjustable thigh support. I love them.

Suggested Improvements

A little less harsh on the suspension and consider a different tire/wheel combination. Larger glove box. Include more options in the price and don't price them a la carte.

Snow Cat Surf Car
By Skeep

2009 BMW 3 Series 328i xDrive 4dr Wagon AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Absolutely the best. I wanted a surf car, dog car, with the 3.0 sport package to race down the autobahn and this wagon rocks. Tiptronic transmission provides everything. Paddle shifters just add that much more capability for driving fast and low. Sport Package a must. Love this wagon. Snow will not stop this car. Can't wait to drive it in the USA on the beach at Cape Hatteras. You win when you buy this car!

Favorite Features

Premium sound. All wheel drive gives her capability in every sort of weather. DTS is phenomenal. This car has the benefit of 20 years of great designing.

Suggested Improvements

Are you kidding? Nothing.

335d 2009 Great Car
By MJ

2009 BMW 3 Series 335d 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl Turbodiesel 6A)

If any one is looking for a 335 BMW. Take a close look at the 335d. It is very fast, 425 lbs ft. of torque and 265 hp. It to me feels much faster than the 335i in normal around town driving. I now have just about 7000 miles on it. No problems at all. I also have a lexus for my wife. The reliability is the same both, great. However the big plus is the mileage. I get 30 mpg around town and 39 on the highway . The 335i cannot do that. There is no diesel smell or smoke ever. Diesel fuel cost is at or just below high test in Northern Va.

Favorite Features

Power , Mileage , Very supportive sport seats. Big tires . Safety. Nav is great and very easy to use. Great sound on the upgraded stereo.

Suggested Improvements

My car has the sport package. BMW should allow the choice between summer tires and all-season high performance tires.

Bimmer screamer
By Nathan

2009 BMW 3 Series 335i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

Car just looks stunning. The sport package and blacked out chrome is really beautiful. Went from a Passat to the 335i and won't look back. The car handles like a go-cart and just is so smooth to operate. People looking for a soft cushy ride should avoid the 'sport' package as it is a bit more stout. A true drivers car if there ever was, pure fun! I've driven some fast cars, but this blends performance and comfort in a great package. The 4/50l maintainance plan is great as well.

Favorite Features

Engine, paddle shifters, brakes, heated steering wheel!

Suggested Improvements

No manual door lock button in the cabin; haven't looked through the 5 volume owners book yet to find out where this is...:(

Perfect Sedan
By DanD

2009 BMW 3 Series 328i xDrive 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Still can't believe after 19,000 miles and 6 months the car still feels GREAT. Optional Xenons are are a MUST, sports package, and cold weather package. Leatherette feels great and holds up very nicely. AWD system is the best I have ever owned. Had a 2002 Audi allroad and this car gets around just as good if not better. No complaints about the run flats. Just had it in for first service at 17k, said tires had almost no wear!! Handling is BEST in class, I drove every car in segment. Brakes are the best I have ever had. HIGHLY recommended, at least test drive, blows the new A4 out of the water in handling. 30+ mpg on my long road trips! 25+ city hwy!

Favorite Features

Butter smooth engine all the way to redline. Sports seats are very supportive and comfortable. AWD system is kicking this Minnesota winters rear! Even got out of my drive way after 12+ inches of snow and the plow mound! Sat radio is great. Xenons are amazing. Takes 15 seconds for seats to heat.

Suggested Improvements

Curious about replacing RFT's. Long oil changes makes me nervous, 17k for last one. Second power jack, can't put arm rest down if I have my phone charging. Wish some options were not so $$.