2009 BMW 3 Series Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 3 Series model:
Great All-Wheel Drive Car
By RAS100 on 06/21/09 19:16 PM (PDT)

2009 BMW 3 Series Sedan 328i xDrive 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Have had this car for about 4 months and 5,000 miles. I am very happy with the car and its performance. Build quality is excellent and handling is superb. I love to drive it just about anywhere. I bought it with the 6 speed which is quite nice. Great clutch but shifter is a bit notchy. Should get better with age. Got a great deal with .9% interest with BMW paying the first 2 payments. I'm getting a solid 23 mpg and more on the highway.

Ultimate Driving Machine!
By Basha on 06/08/09 12:40 PM (PDT)

2009 BMW 3 Series Sedan 328i xDrive 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I have always dreamed about owning a BMW and I did! The way this car drives is amazing! It makes u feel u wanna keep driving it all day! I put 7,000 miles in less than 4 months! I just can't stop driving it! The design, the handling, the luxury, the comfort.. I would recommend it for anyone...

What a difference a couple years makes...
By BobbyBMW on 05/16/09 04:23 AM (PDT)

2009 BMW 3 Series Sedan 328i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I previously leased a 2007 328xi. Loved the handling and driving experience. Was surprised over time how it felt cheaper - meaning the driver seat creaked and an annoying creak in the parcel shelf in the back. And those run flats! Traded lease in early and got a 2009 328i. Purchased CPO. Low miles. Great deal. And what a difference. Silver, chestnut interior. Upgraded stereo, Xenons, heated seats. Feels like BMW made some nice changes. Interior quieter, tires don't make that hum (YET - let's hope not!). I looked at other cars (Mini, Honda, etc), but my heart sent me back to BMW. The handling and driving experience are like no other. New exterior changes are excellent!

Incredible Performance and Handling
By New BMW Owner in SA on 05/03/09 13:51 PM (PDT)

2009 BMW 3 Series Sedan 335i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

I'm a first time BMW owner. I was looking to upgrade to a vehicle with better handling and performance and I have not been disappointed. I also purchased a Dinan engine upgrade to make a great vehicle even better. Once the vehicle break in period is over, I look forward to really seeing what the vehicle can do. Additionally, the new character lines on the hood, and the new head and tail lights really make the vehicle look sharp. Overall, I couldn't be happier!

The Family Jet
By Nice B'mer on 04/03/09 06:30 AM (PDT)

2009 BMW 3 Series Sedan 335i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

The sedan's new updated look for 2009 is very nice. It also has a wider rear track which improves its stance from the rear. Front view is much more aggressive looking than 08 model. Fit and finish is near perfect. We purchased the Blue Water Metallic color which is gorgeous and not as common (everyone seems to have black)...we've received many compliments. iDrive is pretty simple and straight forward once you use it a little. The twin turbo engine has a nice growl when you start it and of course when accelerating....and boy does it move. Interior is a little snug...but not uncomfortably so. Overall VERY happy.

My First Beemr
By 328i on 04/02/09 12:37 PM (PDT)

2009 BMW 3 Series Sedan 328i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I just got the 328i as my first foray into BMW. I love it. Great driving experience and acceleration. Sure, the cup holders are almost unusable and the car needs to be on for the 3v power outlet to function, but I would've gotten a Suburban if those things actually mattered so much. I always look forward to getting behind the wheel after work!

2009 BMW 335i --- Fun & Fast
By Tman on 04/01/09 17:10 PM (PDT)

2009 BMW 3 Series Sedan 335i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

Nice blend of luxury and sport. Easy to go 90 mph without realizing it. Great handling on turns and offers quick acceleration when ever you need it. Very fun to drive while looking good!

Think twice before purchasing
By abstractreasoner on 03/28/09 09:26 AM (PDT)

2009 BMW 3 Series Sedan 335i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

This car is fine if you want to pretend you're in a race with the other cars on the road. If you want a refined car with a transmission, throttle, and engine that work well together, buy a Mercedes C-class. This car is an example of how a well engineered car can also be very unrefined. If it had a manual transmission it would probably be much easier to drive. Some shifts are smooth, some are not, others happen when you least expect it.

Awesome Car
By bbrown7 on 03/11/09 13:48 PM (PDT)

2009 BMW 3 Series Sedan 328i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Had the car for a couple weeks so far, and it's been a pleasure. Base model with auto trans and heated seats. Dealer agreed to replace the Bridgestone Turanzas with Continental RFTs prior to me taking delivery. Handling is fantastic, build quality outstanding. No issues so far whatsoever.

Evolving automobile enthusiast
By First time lessee on 02/17/09 21:59 PM (PST)

2009 BMW 3 Series Sedan 328i xDrive 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I never thought of leasing a BMW, but someone very close indirectly recommended it to me. This is my first experience with a BMW and so far (first month) it has been very good. The xDrive system is quite good on ice and snow, but as other reviewers have commented, a delay in acceleration can be felt. Fuel economy is around 16 to 18 mpg in town and 28 to 30 on the highway. It may be too early to comment on the run flat tires.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.