Used 2009 BMW 3 Series Sedan Consumer Reviews - 61 Car Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific 3 Series model:

335i AWD
By dsheff

2009 BMW 3 Series Sedan 335i xDrive 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

Traded in an M3 and a 330xi for a new 335i AWD. Sales guy said that the 335i would out-perform my M3 - I doubted him, of course. Drove my new car home in a bad snow storm and was worried about making it home safely. This car performed beautifully in the snow! Now that the roads are dry I love the performance of the turbo engine.

Performance, AWD, heated seats and steering wheel!

Cup holders are useless.

Drive one, you'll believe!
By Steve loves BMW

2009 BMW 3 Series Sedan 335i xDrive 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

Got this 335i Xdrive December 5, 2008 and 23000 miles later I still love it. This is work car so few options, but that doesn't diminish that it is a kick to drive. The six speed manual is great. Outstanding acceleration and handling and NO TURBO LAG! I now drive it almost all the time. Madera red and beige leatherette looks great. I loved my 2001 330i 5-speed, liked my 2004 A4, like my wife's 2005 330xi, but they all fade in comparison to this. One quibble: ordered light burlwood trim, got dark non-burl wood. Dealer said it is light and dark is darker but that's like Monty Python's dead parrot skit...."it's supposed to be that way."

Six-speed stick, awesome power, max torque from 1400 RPMs up, heated seats.

I don't care for the run flats. Cup holder seem flimsy. Wish they would either make the owners manual smaller or the glove box bigger so I could put the former in the latter.

Very Pleased Thus Far
By T Money

2009 BMW 3 Series Sedan 328i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I will say I am very pleased with my experience thus far. I considered the C Class Mercedes and the Lexus IS 250 but the 328i was the winner by far in every area. I have had my beautiful Jet Black work of art for a week and a half and I have not stopped smiling. I have been very surprised by the gas mileage so far after 450 miles mostly city I am averaging 24.2 very strong. I also am in love with the styling from every area of the car, it is truly exquisite. I am impressed with the interior layout. I went with the nav system and the i drive is very user friendly and fit is top notch. I cannot wait to spend the next several years enjoying every aspect of my 328i.

I will say again the exterior styling is gorgeous from every angle very artful, gas mileage is exceeding my expectations thus far, the interior layout is very precise and user friendly and if you are directionally challenged as I am the nav system is well worth the investment.

I only have a few: the first is the interior should be of more softer touch materials, the knob on the c/d audio system needs to be larger more rounded and the standard audio system should be premium rather than standard in this class.

Stellar in all respects
By Danny Smith

2009 BMW 3 Series Sedan 335i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

Car is stellar in all respects. Yes, more expensive than some competitors but far and away one of the best handling and best performing vehicles in its price range, all things considered. Engine rumored to dyno at nearly 350 lb ft at the engine with 300 lb ft at the rear wheels. This is so fast that it would spin its tires with full throttle in first gear. Only stellar traction and stability control prevent this. Automatic is cool but if you are looking for all out performance get the stick. Some delay with auto trans.

Speed, handling, speed, handling, build quality. Solid interior. Safe.

Make it less expensive.

No regrets
By Steve C

2009 BMW 3 Series Sedan 335i xDrive 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

After years of driving VW's, I walked into a BMW dealer after being treated like a second class citizen when I went to Audi to inquire on an S4. Their loss, my gain. The 335i xDrive with 6 speed manual is an amazing car... Fast, silky smooth drive, exceptional handling. iDrive is great, better than the last version I hear. Fuel consumption is average, but for a 300 hp twin turbo that oozes muscle and pure pleasure, I can't complain. 5 star driving experience all the way!

Looks of the 335i's rear end, interior layout. Prefer the 2008 wheels you get with the sports package versus the ones I got on the 2009... but that's a small detail.

No more run flat tires... give me a spare or at least the option to choose.