Used 2009 BMW 3 Series Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2009 BMW 3 Series Sedan

View reviews for a specific 3 Series model:

Stellar in all respects
By Danny Smith

2009 BMW 3 Series Sedan 335i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

Car is stellar in all respects. Yes, more expensive than some competitors but far and away one of the best handling and best performing vehicles in its price range, all things considered. Engine rumored to dyno at nearly 350 lb ft at the engine with 300 lb ft at the rear wheels. This is so fast that it would spin its tires with full throttle in first gear. Only stellar traction and stability control prevent this. Automatic is cool but if you are looking for all out performance get the stick. Some delay with auto trans.

Favorite Features

Speed, handling, speed, handling, build quality. Solid interior. Safe.

Suggested Improvements

Make it less expensive.

No regrets
By Steve C

2009 BMW 3 Series Sedan 335i xDrive 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

After years of driving VW's, I walked into a BMW dealer after being treated like a second class citizen when I went to Audi to inquire on an S4. Their loss, my gain. The 335i xDrive with 6 speed manual is an amazing car... Fast, silky smooth drive, exceptional handling. iDrive is great, better than the last version I hear. Fuel consumption is average, but for a 300 hp twin turbo that oozes muscle and pure pleasure, I can't complain. 5 star driving experience all the way!

Favorite Features

Looks of the 335i's rear end, interior layout. Prefer the 2008 wheels you get with the sports package versus the ones I got on the 2009... but that's a small detail.

Suggested Improvements

No more run flat tires... give me a spare or at least the option to choose.

Great car
By blue-bull

2009 BMW 3 Series Sedan 328i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Just one awesome car to drive. My wife is begging me to drive it, but I refuse for I am having way too much fun. Well balanced performance, driving experience and comfort this is build for the drive car.

Favorite Features

More power please!!!

Suggested Improvements

The "low tire" light comes on every day... what a pain!!!! I never know if it is because of the cold or a real flat tire!!!

First BMW & I love it
By John

2009 BMW 3 Series Sedan 328i xDrive 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I never pictured myself as a BMW type person. Had mostly driven domestics and "base model" imports (Honda, Toyota). I absolutely love this car. Fit and finish is great. Engine is smooth and fast with great mid-range torque. A little lag at initial acceleration (x Drive related) but it was an easy thing to adjust to. Nav works great; i Drive system took a little getting used to but is user friendly once you master it. Haven't driven through a winter yet so can't comment on the AWD. Far and away the best car I've ever owned.

Favorite Features

Overall ride quality, engine performance, very responsive feel behind the wheel. Beautiful exterior; great fit and finish.

Suggested Improvements

Put in some decent cup holders, or do away with them altogether. Run flat tires are loud on all but the smoothest of highways, sometimes drowning out the speaker on the hand-free phone system.

I love my new 335i sedan!
By Dan B

2009 BMW 3 Series Sedan 335i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

I'd strongly considered the new 335d sedan earlier this summer, but opted for the 335i sedan instead...primarily due to availability and price considerations. This is my 6th BMW in the last 20 years, and I'm in love all over again with my car!! The sport package is worth the price, and the new IDRIVE nav system is much improved over the 2006 model.

Favorite Features

Sheer performance exhilaration!!

Suggested Improvements

None. Value wise, I think it is the perfect automobile.