Used 2009 BMW 3 Series Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2009 BMW 3 Series

View reviews for a specific 3 Series model:

Glad it's gone
By click click click

2009 BMW 3 Series 335i xDrive 2dr Coupe AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

I have had my car in so many times I gave up on getting it fixed. No help at two different dealerships. The car was totaled in an accident, yes it may have saved my life but I'm not buying another BMW. If they can't fix them why buy one. Five years 50k means nothing if you drive 25k a year.

Great Convertible
By Tony

2009 BMW 3 Series 328i 2dr Convertible (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

This is my first BMW and my first convertible and I'm duly impressed with both. The car looks and rides great and can be a lot of fun to drive. It's great for long trips as long as your are in the front two seats. Some quirky things like the drive side cup holder is basically on the passenger side and the "wood" interior that's tough to keep clean and spots off of keep the interior from being perfect. The break dust is the absolute worse, especially on the stock 328i wheels. After a year I'm looking to get new wheels because of it. Overall a great car but after getting a 335i as a loaner during maintenance, if I had to do it again it's go for the bigger engine.

Favorite Features

Quick folding hard top roof is fantastic. Great styling, front two seats are very comfortable, great highway ride

Suggested Improvements

Get rid of the standard 328i wheels, they are break dust magnates and ruin the look of the car. The rear seat leg room is way too small, even for a small teenager on anything other than 30 minute or less trip. Need a better driver side cup holder.

Run flat tires
By Jan

2009 BMW 3 Series 328i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

This is the first BMW I have owned. Love the car. Overall I am very pleased. I have kept the tires rotated every 5,000 miles. First time I had tires rotated the car was out of balance. The car now has 17,000 miles on it and there is a terrible roaring noisy coming from the tires. I already need new tires. No mountain driving just open road. Talked with service department and all they had to say was "these tires don't last as long". on the sport package. Had I known this I would not have purchased the car. I can't afford to purchase new tires every 18 months or so.

Favorite Features

Tightness and how the car handles.

Suggested Improvements

Better mileage out of the tires.

Love my 328i Wagon
By Jill L

2009 BMW 3 Series 328i 4dr Wagon (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I had been looking at the 07's as they were Certified Pre Owned with an extra warranty. Shopping online and increased my distance to cover more then 100 miles I found a great deal on the 09. The interior difference is mostly with the lay out of the idrive and controls. They made it more user friendly and easier to use overall. Very easy to hook up my phone with the blue tooth as well. The ride is amazing, very smooth. I did not get the sport package, as it does go through tires quicker, and the ride is still sporty, just a bit smoother. Love the parking assist as well. Basic stereo package could use more bass, overall I LOVE THIS CAR!

Favorite Features

Navagation and idrive, parking sensors, CD player stores your music in the car like an ipod.

Suggested Improvements

Tinted windows for rear, and basic stereo could use more bass.

Change the tires.
By cmclaflin

2009 BMW 3 Series 328i xDrive 4dr Wagon AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Favorite Features

Navigation iPod connectivit performance

Suggested Improvements

The run-flat tires are unforgiving on potholes - car makes a tremendous bang and it feels like my eyeballs are shaken loose. no leg room in back seat.