2009 BMW 3 Series - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 3 Series model:
First Impressions
By Henry P on 06/24/09 09:31 AM (PDT)

2009 BMW 3 Series 328i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

This car is very comfortable (I'm 6ft 2in), feels solid and inspires confidence. I haven't driven it much @ high speeds, mainly around town. I wanted a 6sp manual, but would have had to order it from the factory, so I got auto which came with sport drive & paddle shifters, which I enjoy. I'm only getting about 15 mpg in city driving altho I usually keep transmission in reg drive. I have the sport seats which give great lateral support & are very comfortable. Only issue is with the run-flat tires; I tested the cold tire pressure & one of the front tires was @ 40 psi; mfg recommends 32 psi front, but when I let out air to get to 32 psi in the tire, I got a low pressure warning per the TPM.

What a difference a couple years makes...
By BobbyBMW on 05/16/09 04:23 AM (PDT)

2009 BMW 3 Series 328i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I previously leased a 2007 328xi. Loved the handling and driving experience. Was surprised over time how it felt cheaper - meaning the driver seat creaked and an annoying creak in the parcel shelf in the back. And those run flats! Traded lease in early and got a 2009 328i. Purchased CPO. Low miles. Great deal. And what a difference. Silver, chestnut interior. Upgraded stereo, Xenons, heated seats. Feels like BMW made some nice changes. Interior quieter, tires don't make that hum (YET - let's hope not!). I looked at other cars (Mini, Honda, etc), but my heart sent me back to BMW. The handling and driving experience are like no other. New exterior changes are excellent!

My First Beemr
By 328i on 04/02/09 12:37 PM (PDT)

2009 BMW 3 Series 328i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I just got the 328i as my first foray into BMW. I love it. Great driving experience and acceleration. Sure, the cup holders are almost unusable and the car needs to be on for the 3v power outlet to function, but I would've gotten a Suburban if those things actually mattered so much. I always look forward to getting behind the wheel after work!

Awesome Car
By bbrown7 on 03/11/09 13:48 PM (PDT)

2009 BMW 3 Series 328i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Had the car for a couple weeks so far, and it's been a pleasure. Base model with auto trans and heated seats. Dealer agreed to replace the Bridgestone Turanzas with Continental RFTs prior to me taking delivery. Handling is fantastic, build quality outstanding. No issues so far whatsoever.

Not perfect, but very, very good!
By JAD on 11/29/08 10:03 AM (PST)

2009 BMW 3 Series 328i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Would have given it all 10s but couldn't because of the flimsy exterior mirrors, the bad cup holder design and, worst of all, the run flat tires. These have to go, and as soon as I have the time I will get rid of them and replace them with regular high performance tires. The RFTs make the ride rough and the cost of replacing them is ridiculous. These tires are my biggest drawback about the BMW. Fuel economy isn't as good as I'd like but I'm not complaining about that because the performance of the car is excellent. Test drove the C-class, but once I drove the BMW I knew right away that its a much better car. Too early to tell about reliability, but so far its looking like a keeper.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.