2009 BMW 3 Series 3.0L 6-cyl. 6-speed Manual Consumer Reviews 2

2009 BMW 3 Series - Consumer Reviews

328i Sedan (3.0L 6-cyl. 6-speed Manual)

View reviews for a specific 3 Series model:
Great car
By blue-bull on 10/14/09 09:54 AM (PDT)

2009 BMW 3 Series 328i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Just one awesome car to drive. My wife is begging me to drive it, but I refuse for I am having way too much fun. Well balanced performance, driving experience and comfort this is build for the drive car.

1st Time New Bimmer Owner
By Erik G. on 09/08/09 03:20 AM (PDT)

2009 BMW 3 Series 328i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

In US Army, and drove an 18 year old Bimmer for 2 yrs in Germany. Loved it so much and impressed I bought a new one. My first sports car! Got the jet black stock color. It hugs the road like nothing I've ever driven. Goes effortlessly to 110mph, and it's great to be able to do this on the autobahn and still be legal! Fits my 3 kids, 11, 9, and 6 in the back seat, though it's tight. Trunk bigger than expected. I too have had trouble shifting smoothly with the "drive by wire" clutch it has. At first I thought it was me, but looking at other reviews I guess it's just the technology. Too bad it can't keep you from stalling it too. Overall we love our Bimmer!

Still the Best
By Wil on 08/17/09 16:30 PM (PDT)

2009 BMW 3 Series 328i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Needed a simple not too flashy business/ personal car and drove everything in this class. G8 was fun but future is bad. Jetta was okay but not as refined. Audi too slow. Owned a 99 328i so I decided to try 328i and not 330i as this is business car. Wow, this is a performance car with luxury and brings smiles every time I drive. Hard to do when you are replacing a Vette. Driving dynamics are still the best after all these years. BMW Straight 6 is still the best engine made on the planet. I was surprised the buying experience, price and attitude of BMW has changed. Got best deal from them which was a total surprise.

New Car Impressions
By Joshua7 on 08/14/09 11:58 AM (PDT)

2009 BMW 3 Series 328i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

This is my first BMW. Thought I wanted to own one to see how I liked being a Bimmer owner. It's a nice ride but is TOO expensive for what you get. Not much value for the money. I also hear the whining noise coming from the engine or transmission. Sounds like the whining sound from a turbine, but the car does not have a turbocharger. The sound varies at different speeds and engine torque. Sometimes not very noticeable at all. The seats are also hard comparable to competition. Nice build quality though. Not much luxury options for the buck though.

Better than expected
By Navig8 on 08/14/09 07:18 AM (PDT)

2009 BMW 3 Series 328i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Not a BMW fan in general, but bought this after a test drive. It's no sports car, but is fun to drive. Much more importantly the refinement is peerless. Interior reviews for this car are so-so, but I personally love the mixture of simplicity and great build quality - it fits my definition of 'luxury' more than lots of buttons or extra decoration. For me, it was the refinement and composure that won me over, but the gas mileage (25mpg so far) is a bonus. Worst aspect is the attention. People think buying a BMW says something about you (either good or bad) - and either way it's totally out of proportion with reality... It's just a sedan for crying out loud!! My $40K Nissan got no attention.

Test drive carefully
By Ben on 08/07/09 14:19 PM (PDT)

2009 BMW 3 Series 328i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

The whining noise (transmission?) is totally out of character for a luxury car. Dealer insists it's normal. I don't believe it...it's driving me crazy. Be sure to test drive before you buy and listen carefully for the whine.

Fun on Wheels
By ez2do on 07/23/09 07:21 AM (PDT)

2009 BMW 3 Series 328i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I've had my new 2009 328i for 2 months now and it's been great so far. Very smooth ride, responsive handling, feel the road, and more than adequate on gas mileage. I have to watch the speedometer at all times because it drives very fast. Acceleration from full stop could be better. In hindsight I should not have purchased in Alpine White as it shows dirt easily but after each wash, it looks beautiful.

My little Bimmer
By Rom on 07/16/09 18:16 PM (PDT)

2009 BMW 3 Series 328i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I love driving this car. The best part of my day is getting in the drivers seat of my car. This car handles like a dream and I have never driven a car that is better. I test drove an Audi A4, Merecedes C300, and a Nissan Maxima. None of those cars could come close to the BMW. I highly recommend this vehicle.

ONE Whiny BMW 328i
By SpencerB on 07/08/09 00:21 AM (PDT)

2009 BMW 3 Series 328i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Overall car is fun to drive, the performance is what you would expect from a BMW car. The appointments in the car are first class, but there is one thing that I see lately, which has frustrated me, and many other people on the Bimmerfest forum's...that is a terrible whining noise coming from the transmission or differential....drives people crazy !!! I seen the same issue now on 5 Series and 7 Series cars, and BMW doesn't seem to care about this, but it totally frustrates many people that have spent a lot of CASH!!!

Still the Best
By Rags on 06/24/09 14:46 PM (PDT)

2009 BMW 3 Series 328i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Excellent machine! Is a pleasure to sit in and drive. Very good balance between comfort and power and handles like a dream.