1st Time New Bimmer Owner
By Erik G. on
2009 BMW 3 Series 328i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)
In US Army, and drove an 18 year old Bimmer for 2 yrs in Germany. Loved it so much and impressed I bought a new one. My first sports car! Got the jet black stock color. It hugs the road like nothing I've ever driven. Goes effortlessly to 110mph, and it's great to be able to do this on the autobahn and still be legal! Fits my 3 kids, 11, 9, and 6 in the back seat, though it's tight. Trunk bigger than expected. I too have had trouble shifting smoothly with the "drive by wire" clutch it has. At first I thought it was me, but looking at other reviews I guess it's just the technology. Too bad it can't keep you from stalling it too. Overall we love our Bimmer!
Favorite Features
Jet black color is awesome clean and shined! WOW! Love the body contouring, it just looks lean and mean. Love the cruise controls, easy to use. Auto wipers rock, even shut off in the down position if car is turned off early. Very SOLID built interior. It is built to last, like my 18 yr old BMW.
Suggested Improvements
Poor lighter jack placement, need one in the dash again. Cup holders could be deeper. Improve Drive by Wire so shifting would be smoother. Add auto shutoff when in stop/go traffic like European models. Wheels get dirty so quick, must be the brake pads they use.