Used 2009 BMW 3 Series 335i xDrive Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific 3 Series model:

Poor fuel injectors malfunction at 1800
By ANIBAL RIBEIRO MD

2009 BMW 3 Series Sedan 335i xDrive 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

Very poor comfort on flat run tires poor navigation on board system unpredictable fuel injectors is an ominous feature regret purchase vehicle replaced under New Jersey lemon law is good for the public to be aware.

Suggested Improvements

Buy different make car in price range of $51,000 with tax

335i AWD
By dsheff

2009 BMW 3 Series Sedan 335i xDrive 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

Traded in an M3 and a 330xi for a new 335i AWD. Sales guy said that the 335i would out-perform my M3 - I doubted him, of course. Drove my new car home in a bad snow storm and was worried about making it home safely. This car performed beautifully in the snow! Now that the roads are dry I love the performance of the turbo engine.

Favorite Features

Performance, AWD, heated seats and steering wheel!

Suggested Improvements

Cup holders are useless.

Drive one, you'll believe!
By Steve loves BMW

2009 BMW 3 Series Sedan 335i xDrive 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

Got this 335i Xdrive December 5, 2008 and 23000 miles later I still love it. This is work car so few options, but that doesn't diminish that it is a kick to drive. The six speed manual is great. Outstanding acceleration and handling and NO TURBO LAG! I now drive it almost all the time. Madera red and beige leatherette looks great. I loved my 2001 330i 5-speed, liked my 2004 A4, like my wife's 2005 330xi, but they all fade in comparison to this. One quibble: ordered light burlwood trim, got dark non-burl wood. Dealer said it is light and dark is darker but that's like Monty Python's dead parrot skit...."it's supposed to be that way."

Favorite Features

Six-speed stick, awesome power, max torque from 1400 RPMs up, heated seats.

Suggested Improvements

I don't care for the run flats. Cup holder seem flimsy. Wish they would either make the owners manual smaller or the glove box bigger so I could put the former in the latter.

No regrets
By Steve C

2009 BMW 3 Series Sedan 335i xDrive 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

After years of driving VW's, I walked into a BMW dealer after being treated like a second class citizen when I went to Audi to inquire on an S4. Their loss, my gain. The 335i xDrive with 6 speed manual is an amazing car... Fast, silky smooth drive, exceptional handling. iDrive is great, better than the last version I hear. Fuel consumption is average, but for a 300 hp twin turbo that oozes muscle and pure pleasure, I can't complain. 5 star driving experience all the way!

Favorite Features

Looks of the 335i's rear end, interior layout. Prefer the 2008 wheels you get with the sports package versus the ones I got on the 2009... but that's a small detail.

Suggested Improvements

No more run flat tires... give me a spare or at least the option to choose.

Why did I wait so long to buy it
By Naui

2009 BMW 3 Series Sedan 335i xDrive 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

I can't stop driving it. I want to drive cross country with it. There is nothing I can complain about the vehicle, and trust me if it even had the smallest rattle it would drive me crazy. Nothing but outstanding German build quality. Considering I am comparing it to the Honda/Acura I owned before.

Favorite Features

Engine, Steering, Handling, Radio

Suggested Improvements

None