Used 2009 BMW 3 Series 335i Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific 3 Series model:

Bimmer screamer
By Nathan

2009 BMW 3 Series Sedan 335i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

Car just looks stunning. The sport package and blacked out chrome is really beautiful. Went from a Passat to the 335i and won't look back. The car handles like a go-cart and just is so smooth to operate. People looking for a soft cushy ride should avoid the 'sport' package as it is a bit more stout. A true drivers car if there ever was, pure fun! I've driven some fast cars, but this blends performance and comfort in a great package. The 4/50l maintainance plan is great as well.

Favorite Features

Engine, paddle shifters, brakes, heated steering wheel!

Suggested Improvements

No manual door lock button in the cabin; haven't looked through the 5 volume owners book yet to find out where this is...:(

Stellar in all respects
By Danny Smith

2009 BMW 3 Series Sedan 335i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

Car is stellar in all respects. Yes, more expensive than some competitors but far and away one of the best handling and best performing vehicles in its price range, all things considered. Engine rumored to dyno at nearly 350 lb ft at the engine with 300 lb ft at the rear wheels. This is so fast that it would spin its tires with full throttle in first gear. Only stellar traction and stability control prevent this. Automatic is cool but if you are looking for all out performance get the stick. Some delay with auto trans.

Favorite Features

Speed, handling, speed, handling, build quality. Solid interior. Safe.

Suggested Improvements

Make it less expensive.

I love my new 335i sedan!
By Dan B

2009 BMW 3 Series Sedan 335i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

I'd strongly considered the new 335d sedan earlier this summer, but opted for the 335i sedan instead...primarily due to availability and price considerations. This is my 6th BMW in the last 20 years, and I'm in love all over again with my car!! The sport package is worth the price, and the new IDRIVE nav system is much improved over the 2006 model.

Favorite Features

Sheer performance exhilaration!!

Suggested Improvements

None. Value wise, I think it is the perfect automobile.

335i First 3 months
By autopal

2009 BMW 3 Series Sedan 335i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

I have just completed my first 3 months of owning a BMW. The performance of the car on the road is as advertised. Stupidly fast!! Steering a little tight in the parking lot, but exceptional as you get going. I absolutely love the sound of the twin turbo charged engine, and the effortless ease at which the car accelerates. My only major gripe with the car is the interior. Whilst the quality of the material is ok, it's way too plain and dull for a $50,000 sports sedan. I think it is the worst interior off all the cars competing in this segment. The interior of the Audi, Benz, Lexus, and Cadillac is a lot better. BMW, take note!

Favorite Features

smooth and swift acceleration, sweet sound from the engine, nice feel at high speed

Suggested Improvements

Interior ridiculously dull. Cup holders a big joke and not worthy to be in a $50,000 sports car.

Incredible Performance and Handling
By New BMW Owner in SA

2009 BMW 3 Series Sedan 335i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

I'm a first time BMW owner. I was looking to upgrade to a vehicle with better handling and performance and I have not been disappointed. I also purchased a Dinan engine upgrade to make a great vehicle even better. Once the vehicle break in period is over, I look forward to really seeing what the vehicle can do. Additionally, the new character lines on the hood, and the new head and tail lights really make the vehicle look sharp. Overall, I couldn't be happier!

Favorite Features

Performance, handling, styling, Dinan engine upgrade, Bluetooth, hard drive for media and navigation, and the MyInfo feature to send information from Google Maps to the vehicle.

Suggested Improvements

Placement and depth of cup holders, lack of storage room and no back-up camera option.