2009 BMW 3 Series Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 3 Series model:
Slight improvement over the 2006 325i - Excellent Car
By dic_camarillo on 08/26/14 00:04 AM (PDT)

2009 BMW 3 Series Sedan 328i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

A slight improvement over our 2006 325i. Slightly better looking, a little more power, good navigation system, nice stereo controls - though a bit confusing and I love the speed warning feature (makes a noise and light comes on when set speed is hit or passed). The Bluetooth works well. The Navigation is much better than the Toyota version. Great visibility, great balance, superb handling, comfortable, spacious front seats, great looking, smooth, the right balance of power and fuel economy, comfortable seats, nice quality materials, doesn't feel cheap anywhere in or out of the car, back seats are tight, trip computer is nice feature. This car is the perfect entry level sports sedan!

Not worth the money!
By bconne66 on 03/12/12 18:31 PM (PDT)

2009 BMW 3 Series Sedan 328i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I purchased the vehicle about 18 months ago and sadly it has been disappointing for the most part. First, the ride was rough and the run flats tires were terrible. I just traded them in for regular Michelin tires and what a difference though still not a great ride as I expected. Yes, there is no spare in the vehicle so RFT's or not the peace of mind of taking a long road trip is out of the question. The radio and other systems are difficult to understand and not user easy. Just today the the low oil light came on.System never gave a signal that the oil was getting low prior until this dangerous point. I had to buy the oil and sit by the roadside to put it in just not luxury at all. Audi!!!!

Truly a driver's car
By adityab on 02/16/11 18:01 PM (PST)

2009 BMW 3 Series Sedan 328i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

After much deliberation, I took delivery of a gently used 2009 BMW 328i a couple of days ago. Like many BMW owners, I bought it for its driving dynamics. The reviews from every publication are glowing, and there's good reason. You get the feeling that every single tactile element in the car has been calibrated for your enjoyment. The driving position, the seats, the contours of the steering wheel, the linear and predictable responses, the hefty brakes, and the buttery smooth engine all make for an inimitable driving experience. If you're in the market for a visceral ride but need to be practical, look no further. I've driven an S2000 and an Aston Martin and the 328 still feels magical.

Steering wheel vibrations
By bmax-car on 09/07/10 22:48 PM (PDT)

2009 BMW 3 Series Sedan 328i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

My previous car was 2008 Mercedes c- class c300, nice car and it was problems free had better sound/radio system, sunroof and rain sensing wipers feature was better vs BMW's, my 2009 BMW 328i drives better than MB c- class, but it has this annoying steering vibrations that can be felt every time while parking the car and sometimes when changing lanes, brought it a few times to different BMW service centers, and, every time they were able to duplicate this vibrations, but they said it was considered normal operation for BMW, none of my previous cars had that. So, go figure. Ultimate driving machine. With vibrating steering wheel. What a shame

Run flat tires
By Jan on 05/22/10 19:06 PM (PDT)

2009 BMW 3 Series Sedan 328i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

This is the first BMW I have owned. Love the car. Overall I am very pleased. I have kept the tires rotated every 5,000 miles. First time I had tires rotated the car was out of balance. The car now has 17,000 miles on it and there is a terrible roaring noisy coming from the tires. I already need new tires. No mountain driving just open road. Talked with service department and all they had to say was "these tires don't last as long". on the sport package. Had I known this I would not have purchased the car. I can't afford to purchase new tires every 18 months or so.

Clumpy Noises
By pcrc on 05/04/10 09:31 AM (PDT)

2009 BMW 3 Series Sedan 328i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

When I test drove the car, I did not hear any noises. After owning I noticed some clumpy noises coming from the front of the car, and also rattling coming from the back doors. I took it in to get it checked out and they said bring it back when the noises get more pronounced. Not the kind of service level I was expecting from BMW. I should have leased. I like driving the car, but the noises are very annoying.

Where did the room go?
By HardDriver on 12/05/09 17:30 PM (PST)

2009 BMW 3 Series Sedan 328i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

This is the most fun car to drive since my '73 Porsche. Whether on a freeway or (better yet) a twisting country road, this car is flat out fun to drive. No matter how hard I put it into a turn, it looks over its shoulder and asks, "is that all you got?" On a recent Los Angeles to San Francisco freeway trip, I got just over 30 mpg. Pros: Road hugging performance, good mileage, styling and finish. Cons: This car is essentially the same size as the Accord and Avalon. Where did all the interior room go ? I am 5'11" and it is hard to get in and out. Headroom is scarce and there is no legroom in the rear seat. The trunk is tiny. There is also a very annoying throttle lag off the line.

Very Pleased Thus Far
By T Money on 11/10/09 15:12 PM (PST)

2009 BMW 3 Series Sedan 328i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I will say I am very pleased with my experience thus far. I considered the C Class Mercedes and the Lexus IS 250 but the 328i was the winner by far in every area. I have had my beautiful Jet Black work of art for a week and a half and I have not stopped smiling. I have been very surprised by the gas mileage so far after 450 miles mostly city I am averaging 24.2 very strong. I also am in love with the styling from every area of the car, it is truly exquisite. I am impressed with the interior layout. I went with the nav system and the i drive is very user friendly and fit is top notch. I cannot wait to spend the next several years enjoying every aspect of my 328i.

Great car
By blue-bull on 10/14/09 09:54 AM (PDT)

2009 BMW 3 Series Sedan 328i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Just one awesome car to drive. My wife is begging me to drive it, but I refuse for I am having way too much fun. Well balanced performance, driving experience and comfort this is build for the drive car.

1st Time New Bimmer Owner
By Erik G. on 09/08/09 03:20 AM (PDT)

2009 BMW 3 Series Sedan 328i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

In US Army, and drove an 18 year old Bimmer for 2 yrs in Germany. Loved it so much and impressed I bought a new one. My first sports car! Got the jet black stock color. It hugs the road like nothing I've ever driven. Goes effortlessly to 110mph, and it's great to be able to do this on the autobahn and still be legal! Fits my 3 kids, 11, 9, and 6 in the back seat, though it's tight. Trunk bigger than expected. I too have had trouble shifting smoothly with the "drive by wire" clutch it has. At first I thought it was me, but looking at other reviews I guess it's just the technology. Too bad it can't keep you from stalling it too. Overall we love our Bimmer!

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.