2009 BMW 3 Series Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 3 Series model:
Slight improvement over the 2006 325i - Excellent Car
By dic_camarillo on 08/26/14 00:04 AM (PDT)

2009 BMW 3 Series Sedan 328i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

A slight improvement over our 2006 325i. Slightly better looking, a little more power, good navigation system, nice stereo controls - though a bit confusing and I love the speed warning feature (makes a noise and light comes on when set speed is hit or passed). The Bluetooth works well. The Navigation is much better than the Toyota version. Great visibility, great balance, superb handling, comfortable, spacious front seats, great looking, smooth, the right balance of power and fuel economy, comfortable seats, nice quality materials, doesn't feel cheap anywhere in or out of the car, back seats are tight, trip computer is nice feature. This car is the perfect entry level sports sedan!

Not worth the money!
By bconne66 on 03/12/12 18:31 PM (PDT)

2009 BMW 3 Series Sedan 328i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I purchased the vehicle about 18 months ago and sadly it has been disappointing for the most part. First, the ride was rough and the run flats tires were terrible. I just traded them in for regular Michelin tires and what a difference though still not a great ride as I expected. Yes, there is no spare in the vehicle so RFT's or not the peace of mind of taking a long road trip is out of the question. The radio and other systems are difficult to understand and not user easy. Just today the the low oil light came on.System never gave a signal that the oil was getting low prior until this dangerous point. I had to buy the oil and sit by the roadside to put it in just not luxury at all. Audi!!!!

Glad to be rid of it
By carbug5 on 02/20/12 16:55 PM (PST)

2009 BMW 3 Series Sedan 328i xDrive 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Got rid of my 09 BMW 3 series with X drive. I wont miss the run flat tires, or nightmare suspension. The suspension bottoms out on bumpy New England roads and is not worthy of such a high price tag. The adaptive transmission lacks the response you would expect from a sports car. The radio is dissapointing. Filling the car with gas would cause a vacume and not allow me to fill up all the way. The dealer's response to the above was oh well that's just the way it is. Got a G37x and love it so far. Much more car for the money. Now that's a driving machione

Truly a driver's car
By adityab on 02/16/11 18:01 PM (PST)

2009 BMW 3 Series Sedan 328i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

After much deliberation, I took delivery of a gently used 2009 BMW 328i a couple of days ago. Like many BMW owners, I bought it for its driving dynamics. The reviews from every publication are glowing, and there's good reason. You get the feeling that every single tactile element in the car has been calibrated for your enjoyment. The driving position, the seats, the contours of the steering wheel, the linear and predictable responses, the hefty brakes, and the buttery smooth engine all make for an inimitable driving experience. If you're in the market for a visceral ride but need to be practical, look no further. I've driven an S2000 and an Aston Martin and the 328 still feels magical.

Steering wheel vibrations
By bmax-car on 09/07/10 22:48 PM (PDT)

2009 BMW 3 Series Sedan 328i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

My previous car was 2008 Mercedes c- class c300, nice car and it was problems free had better sound/radio system, sunroof and rain sensing wipers feature was better vs BMW's, my 2009 BMW 328i drives better than MB c- class, but it has this annoying steering vibrations that can be felt every time while parking the car and sometimes when changing lanes, brought it a few times to different BMW service centers, and, every time they were able to duplicate this vibrations, but they said it was considered normal operation for BMW, none of my previous cars had that. So, go figure. Ultimate driving machine. With vibrating steering wheel. What a shame

Poor fuel injectors malfunction at 1800
By ANIBAL RIBEIRO MD on 08/30/10 13:14 PM (PDT)

2009 BMW 3 Series Sedan 335i xDrive 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

Very poor comfort on flat run tires poor navigation on board system unpredictable fuel injectors is an ominous feature regret purchase vehicle replaced under New Jersey lemon law is good for the public to be aware.

Run flat tires
By Jan on 05/22/10 19:06 PM (PDT)

2009 BMW 3 Series Sedan 328i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

This is the first BMW I have owned. Love the car. Overall I am very pleased. I have kept the tires rotated every 5,000 miles. First time I had tires rotated the car was out of balance. The car now has 17,000 miles on it and there is a terrible roaring noisy coming from the tires. I already need new tires. No mountain driving just open road. Talked with service department and all they had to say was "these tires don't last as long". on the sport package. Had I known this I would not have purchased the car. I can't afford to purchase new tires every 18 months or so.

Clumpy Noises
By pcrc on 05/04/10 09:31 AM (PDT)

2009 BMW 3 Series Sedan 328i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

When I test drove the car, I did not hear any noises. After owning I noticed some clumpy noises coming from the front of the car, and also rattling coming from the back doors. I took it in to get it checked out and they said bring it back when the noises get more pronounced. Not the kind of service level I was expecting from BMW. I should have leased. I like driving the car, but the noises are very annoying.

Delightful
By SD on 03/14/10 23:44 PM (PDT)

2009 BMW 3 Series Sedan 328i xDrive 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

The car is simply a delight for me to drive - every time I get back in it, I remember how much fun it is. Couldn't ask for better steering, acceleration, visibility, or interior appointment. The iDrive is well-integrated into the vehicle and the controls are easy to learn.

Great Car
By JThomas on 03/05/10 09:50 AM (PST)

2009 BMW 3 Series Sedan 328i xDrive 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Got a nearly loaded sports premium 328xi without nav, fun to drive, excellent in snow. Be very careful with the potholes, sport tires are very low profile. it's great for the front two passengers, back seat passenger are cramped in. never had any issues with the car though. very reliable. build quality is great. Test drove the Diesel. Definitely worth getting the diesel for the torque and very impressive mileage. Will buy the 335 Diesel when the lease expires.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.