2009 BMW 3 Series Coupe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 3 Series model:
Follow-up review after 17K miles
By Michael on 03/01/10 09:45 AM (PST)

2009 BMW 3 Series Coupe 328i xDrive 2dr Coupe AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Well, it's now almost 2 full seasons of winter later, 2 oil changes - and this car is as responsive as my first drive with it.. maybe even more so as the CDV issue seems to have disappeared after the "break-in" period. Had a couple issues with the tire-pressure-monitor system going off when winter rolled through; nothing that a trip to the dealership couldn't resolve. Started noticing various things "creaking" such as the drivers seat (when applying mid/upper back pressure) and the center console elbow rest. Also, the rear-window dot matrix makes it impossible to get a nice uniform tint. If you can look past these, then IMO, this is still the absolute best luxury AWD coupe on the road.

Surpassed expectations by, oh...
By Chester on 12/26/09 17:22 PM (PST)

2009 BMW 3 Series Coupe 328i xDrive 2dr Coupe AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

...7 light years. I have owned 7 Subarus, two Audi Quattros, and thought they could not be beaten. I was wrong. The handling, overall performance, and especially the sport seats (comfort level) exceeds all the aforementioned autos. I did option for the automatic with sport pkg. and the letdown on acel. is barely noticeable. Due in part to the reworked tranny, excellent response and shiftability...No need to tell you how much fun it is to drive, handles like a dream, the rap on runflats have not been a factor yet, suspension takes care of that...Oh what a feeling, and it is not, a toyota...Fit, finish,and interior are exceptional...I love my xDrive Coupe.

Bring My Wallet ie. BMW
By Thomas & Susan on 09/01/09 11:03 AM (PDT)

2009 BMW 3 Series Coupe 328i xDrive 2dr Coupe AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

The styling of this car sets it apart from all others in its class. This is our second BMW and I'm a hard sell for import cars. BMW gets greedy with there options they are priced to high and there is no such thing as a base model on the lot.

WV 328i XDrive
By Joe Armstrong on 08/23/09 18:54 PM (PDT)

2009 BMW 3 Series Coupe 328i xDrive 2dr Coupe AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

This car is incredible. It is exactly what was advertised. "The ultimate driving machine". It is smooth and responsive. I have yet to find a curvy two lane road that this car didn't love. I have driven a lot of nice cars, but this is in a class all alone.

Follow-up review after 2K miles
By Michael on 01/07/09 13:42 PM (PST)

2009 BMW 3 Series Coupe 328i xDrive 2dr Coupe AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Driving in about 4 inches of unpaved snow, slush and ice: In straight lines it accelerates and stops under complete control. To test out the traction around corners, I took a couple turns at relatively unsafe speeds, close to 15 MPH. The DTS flickered and appeared to do something, but it definitely felt like I drifted out of my lane. During sensible speeds, drifting was not an issue. Slight hesitance may be confused with skidding, but its actually DTS doing its thing to keep you on your intended path. X-drive is very capable. However, I honestly feel Subaru sets the bar when it comes to AWD technology. Basically if you're looking for a luxury AWD coupť, look no further.

Breaking-in the new Bimmer
By Michael on 12/02/08 08:20 AM (PST)

2009 BMW 3 Series Coupe 328i xDrive 2dr Coupe AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

First time owner of the BMW. Being from the Northeast, Iíve only driven AWD vehicles. I was well aware of the certain stigma clouding the x-drives, BMW being predominantly RWD and all, as well as the CDV issue. I can certainly put the CDV issue to rest. At first the minuscule delay will be noticeable, but after 200 or so miles of getting used-to, if you canít adjust the feather of your foot to compensate for the delay, any discomfort from passenger head-banging is all on you. As for the AWD, havenít had a chance to test it out yet this winter, but there is a difference between the xi and the 328i that I test drove in the dry, in how each gets off the line. The i is more responsive.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.