Used 2009 BMW 3 Series 335i xDrive Coupe Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific 3 Series model:

Glad it's gone
By click click click

2009 BMW 3 Series Coupe 335i xDrive 2dr Coupe AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

I have had my car in so many times I gave up on getting it fixed. No help at two different dealerships. The car was totaled in an accident, yes it may have saved my life but I'm not buying another BMW. If they can't fix them why buy one. Five years 50k means nothing if you drive 25k a year.

Best Car I have Owned
By steve

2009 BMW 3 Series Coupe 335i xDrive 2dr Coupe AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

This car is great. First BMW I have owned and the performance, handling and seat comfort are fabulous. Got rid of my lumbar roll as the sport seats and lumbar support are that comfortable. Everything else I have owned except for a Boxster feel slushy in comparison and you can drive this in the New England winter without problem. The iDrive works well without the problems previous iterations have had. The Navigation system is mostly intuitive and accurate. A few issues.....the 18" low profile run-flats and sport suspension are very harsh and potholes are to be avoided at all costs. I have already had one replaced due to side wall failure at a cost of $750!!?? Glove box is too small!

Handling and performance. Incredibly comfortable seats with side bolsters, lumbar support and adjustable thigh support. I love them.

A little less harsh on the suspension and consider a different tire/wheel combination. Larger glove box. Include more options in the price and don't price them a la carte.

3 Strikes you're out!!
By click click click

2009 BMW 3 Series Coupe 335i xDrive 2dr Coupe AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

I bought my 2009 335xi in August after driving my C70 Volvo into the ground with 173k on it. The volvo was a sled compared to this beauty. This car is not problem free! I have had the car in four times for warranty and I'm still not happy. First check engine light " miss fire " second time bad high pressure fuel pump, third time, mechanical fuel pump. Turn on the intermittent wiper and listen to the relay click under the dash. Dealer says that's normal. Then the seat belt arm shorted out. So they replaced that. I just bought 4 Toyota Yaris for my delivery fleet and they are quieter than this BMW. Dealer said get use to the noises I said are you kidding me !!

performance

raise the seat belt buckle up higher, work on all the noises in the car, install dust free brake pads, install better quality parts

They're just not getting better...
By Xyrium

2009 BMW 3 Series Coupe 335i xDrive 2dr Coupe AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

Aside from the reviews of people that went to a sedan after owning an SUV, or those who never owned a classy yet sporty vehicle (same as SUVs?) no offense meant, but this iteration of the 3 series is missing the "Ultimate Driving Machine" feel of old. The engine is wonderful, however, driving feel is almost numb, and the drive by wire, in addition to the AWD makes for some very sloppy and awkward shifting also mentioned in Edmund's review. The interior appears to be a throwback from Buick, and the exterior is very Hyundai, with the raised panels on the sides and large flat area around the wheel wells. I'm in a 3 yr lease, but I'll opt for a G37x next time!

Engine, it's perfection.

They've updated the fascia thank goodness. Maybe restyle the rear a bit, and get rid of those flares on the doors throughout the side. Clutch is slow to react, possibly due to DBW and AWD.

Blast to drive!
By buckeyedoc

2009 BMW 3 Series Coupe 335i xDrive 2dr Coupe AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

Have !2500 miles on this coupe and I love it. Top notch performance and styling. The handling is great. The mileage on the highway is OK (28 MPG) but not great around town (16MPG). I have had 2 Audis before this and I think that the Audi is better in the snow and the interior is superior but the BMW is much more solid feeling on the highway. Overall for me it is a toss-up. the deciding factor was the proximity of the dealers (10 mins vs. 40). Only regret is that I wish I had gotten the manual.

Powerful engine, heated steering wheel, Bluetooth.

Dump the run flats!