2009 BMW 3 Series Coupe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 3 Series model:
No Car Is Perfect
By theomdude on 03/19/11 22:59 PM (PDT)

2009 BMW 3 Series Coupe 328i 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I traded a 330Ci with SMG for a leased 2009 328i Coupe with paddle shifted Steptronic. I loved my 330, and this car is close, but not quite there. The luxury details on my Premium/Sport Pkg. example, like the ambient lighting, is cool and material quality seems top notch. But the car seems "fatter" and the specs say it is, by 66 lbs. That doesn't account for the extra weight of the SMG in the 330, so it's probably close to a wash. The hp is up by 5 & torque is down 15 but the sense of slight softness in acceleration is probably the difference between a clutch and a torque converter. I've seen 130 on a short straight so I'm not complaining. At my modest skill level the turbo would be wasted.

My 5th BMW in 4 years 09 BMW 328i coupe
By My fifth BMW on 11/15/09 21:04 PM (PST)

2009 BMW 3 Series Coupe 328i 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I am a disappointed buyer of beautifully sculpted 3 series coupe. I have test driven everything that BMW made the last 4 years and I do own four BMWs currently all bought new. So, here are the probs I had so far with current mileage of 12,500: 1. before 2000 miles, my car needed alignment. 2. Averaging once every two weeks, my BMW constantly requires air on two rear tires. 3. 8,700miles - replaced my left rear tire. 4. 9,800 miles - engine light came on and had to take it in. 5. 10,900 - my engine light came on again after it was fixed. 6. 10,000 miles- called BMW corp and made complaint. 7. 11,500 - they told me they will call me back & it's been two weeks with no return call. Shame on them.

Good - Not Perfect
By Ernie on 10/17/09 10:54 AM (PDT)

2009 BMW 3 Series Coupe 328i 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

If you're a 'driver' you'll love the steering, suspension and handling. Plus, the car is tight, engine is smooth and interior is perfect. But... HD radio is terrible. Constantly flips in & out of HD, save your money. BMW won't fix it. Auto trans is also sketchy. In sport mode it won't ever go to 6th gear and regular mode just doesn't downshift readily. If you're doing 40 MPH and step on it, it bogs down unless you press deep on the pedal. It makes the car feel underpowered. But you can punch it down a gear (or 2) with paddle shifters (I have sport pkg). Had a 330i with 5-spd prior to this and power wise, this is a little disappointing. If you're on the fence... get the Turbo! Wish I did.

RFT's ruin this car
By JRMACH1 on 07/07/09 06:07 AM (PDT)

2009 BMW 3 Series Coupe 328i 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Recently bought '09 328I coupe with Premium and Sporkts pkg. The car is outstanding in every aspect except for the Run Flat Tires (RFT) which come on the car. The tires produce so much road noise that they totally ruin the BMW experience. If you don't mind a sports/luxury car that has the road noise of a 4 wheel drive truck/suv then you will love this car. Wish I could get my '02 325CIc back.

The Ultimate driving machine
By jbmw3 on 06/01/09 17:43 PM (PDT)

2009 BMW 3 Series Coupe 328i 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

This is my 4th 3-series, and I should have done more research. When AC is on, the engine does not feel as smooth as it should when stopped at a red light. Driving at speeds of 40 miles per hour, you can hear high pitch sound. The run flat tires are a good idea, but makes the ride feel more stiff, tires wear out quicker than regular tires, and the tires cost about 150 dollars more per tire. Gasoline requirement is recommended 93 top tier gasoline. One interesting thing I noticed is that if their are no error codes during the diagnostic testing, you can forget about BMW looking into it. The part has to break down.

Nice Ride
By Ar15 on 05/17/09 16:08 PM (PDT)

2009 BMW 3 Series Coupe 328i 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Just traded in my Lexus IS250 for a 09 328i. The Lexus ran smoother, but the BMW performs way better. Can't really explain it, but the car seems to know what you want it to do. Everything about the car feels tight and just right. If you want a smooth cushy ride, go with the Lexus. But if you want exceptional handling characteristic's and a car that is fun to drive, the BMW is it.

Better this time around
By gyazman on 04/28/09 18:37 PM (PDT)

2009 BMW 3 Series Coupe 328i 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Traded up from a 2007 BMW 328 to 2009 BMW coupe with leather, sport package, and sport seats. Car for some reason feel like it has more power than my other car. Got the space gray with gray wood. Very sporty and in manual mode is quick as a cat. This car with its larger and wider wheels grips the road and feels solid. Back seats are able to fold down giving more room for the trunk. 0.9% financing right now help me decide on the purchase.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2009 BMW 3 Series Coupe in WA is:

$168 per month*