2009 BMW 3 Series Coupe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 3 Series model:
Wanted the Experience
By freeflowin on 10/02/11 15:14 PM (PDT)

2009 BMW 3 Series Coupe 335i 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

Bought used with 8k miles. Looks great runs great. Fantastic to drive and handles unbelievably. The car is very tight and fast. Only complaint is I have had to have 4 recalls preformed so far, which is annoying. Three of which I figured would come and it wasn't a big deal (all relating to the fuel pump), the fourth was for a wire in the tail light....so that was annoying to have to go in for 4 hours to have looked at. I have a 09 Silverado with three times as many miles and ZERO problems.

No Car Is Perfect
By theomdude on 03/19/11 22:59 PM (PDT)

2009 BMW 3 Series Coupe 328i 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I traded a 330Ci with SMG for a leased 2009 328i Coupe with paddle shifted Steptronic. I loved my 330, and this car is close, but not quite there. The luxury details on my Premium/Sport Pkg. example, like the ambient lighting, is cool and material quality seems top notch. But the car seems "fatter" and the specs say it is, by 66 lbs. That doesn't account for the extra weight of the SMG in the 330, so it's probably close to a wash. The hp is up by 5 & torque is down 15 but the sense of slight softness in acceleration is probably the difference between a clutch and a torque converter. I've seen 130 on a short straight so I'm not complaining. At my modest skill level the turbo would be wasted.

Glad it's gone
By click click click on 08/28/10 11:39 AM (PDT)

2009 BMW 3 Series Coupe 335i xDrive 2dr Coupe AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

I have had my car in so many times I gave up on getting it fixed. No help at two different dealerships. The car was totaled in an accident, yes it may have saved my life but I'm not buying another BMW. If they can't fix them why buy one. Five years 50k means nothing if you drive 25k a year.

Follow-up review after 17K miles
By Michael on 03/01/10 09:45 AM (PST)

2009 BMW 3 Series Coupe 328i xDrive 2dr Coupe AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Well, it's now almost 2 full seasons of winter later, 2 oil changes - and this car is as responsive as my first drive with it.. maybe even more so as the CDV issue seems to have disappeared after the "break-in" period. Had a couple issues with the tire-pressure-monitor system going off when winter rolled through; nothing that a trip to the dealership couldn't resolve. Started noticing various things "creaking" such as the drivers seat (when applying mid/upper back pressure) and the center console elbow rest. Also, the rear-window dot matrix makes it impossible to get a nice uniform tint. If you can look past these, then IMO, this is still the absolute best luxury AWD coupe on the road.

Best Car I have Owned
By steve on 02/23/10 11:27 AM (PST)

2009 BMW 3 Series Coupe 335i xDrive 2dr Coupe AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

This car is great. First BMW I have owned and the performance, handling and seat comfort are fabulous. Got rid of my lumbar roll as the sport seats and lumbar support are that comfortable. Everything else I have owned except for a Boxster feel slushy in comparison and you can drive this in the New England winter without problem. The iDrive works well without the problems previous iterations have had. The Navigation system is mostly intuitive and accurate. A few issues.....the 18" low profile run-flats and sport suspension are very harsh and potholes are to be avoided at all costs. I have already had one replaced due to side wall failure at a cost of $750!!?? Glove box is too small!

Surpassed expectations by, oh...
By Chester on 12/26/09 17:22 PM (PST)

2009 BMW 3 Series Coupe 328i xDrive 2dr Coupe AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

...7 light years. I have owned 7 Subarus, two Audi Quattros, and thought they could not be beaten. I was wrong. The handling, overall performance, and especially the sport seats (comfort level) exceeds all the aforementioned autos. I did option for the automatic with sport pkg. and the letdown on acel. is barely noticeable. Due in part to the reworked tranny, excellent response and shiftability...No need to tell you how much fun it is to drive, handles like a dream, the rap on runflats have not been a factor yet, suspension takes care of that...Oh what a feeling, and it is not, a toyota...Fit, finish,and interior are exceptional...I love my xDrive Coupe.

3 Strikes you're out!!
By click click click on 12/04/09 18:54 PM (PST)

2009 BMW 3 Series Coupe 335i xDrive 2dr Coupe AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

I bought my 2009 335xi in August after driving my C70 Volvo into the ground with 173k on it. The volvo was a sled compared to this beauty. This car is not problem free! I have had the car in four times for warranty and I'm still not happy. First check engine light " miss fire " second time bad high pressure fuel pump, third time, mechanical fuel pump. Turn on the intermittent wiper and listen to the relay click under the dash. Dealer says that's normal. Then the seat belt arm shorted out. So they replaced that. I just bought 4 Toyota Yaris for my delivery fleet and they are quieter than this BMW. Dealer said get use to the noises I said are you kidding me !!

My 5th BMW in 4 years 09 BMW 328i coupe
By My fifth BMW on 11/15/09 21:04 PM (PST)

2009 BMW 3 Series Coupe 328i 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I am a disappointed buyer of beautifully sculpted 3 series coupe. I have test driven everything that BMW made the last 4 years and I do own four BMWs currently all bought new. So, here are the probs I had so far with current mileage of 12,500: 1. before 2000 miles, my car needed alignment. 2. Averaging once every two weeks, my BMW constantly requires air on two rear tires. 3. 8,700miles - replaced my left rear tire. 4. 9,800 miles - engine light came on and had to take it in. 5. 10,900 - my engine light came on again after it was fixed. 6. 10,000 miles- called BMW corp and made complaint. 7. 11,500 - they told me they will call me back & it's been two weeks with no return call. Shame on them.

Fast, Fast, Fast
By Jim on 10/26/09 16:11 PM (PDT)

2009 BMW 3 Series Coupe 335i 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

Sold my 33cic last winter and bought a brand new 335 coupe in April of 2009. Even though it's not a convertible, I am more than happy with the change in performance between the two rides. I sincerely get excited every time I drive this machine, even after owning it for over 6 months!!! Be careful with the sport package and the seats. I'm still trying to find a comfort level there. It will happen though. This car begs you to take it past 100 m.p.h. This is a "bucket list" vehicle!

Good - Not Perfect
By Ernie on 10/17/09 10:54 AM (PDT)

2009 BMW 3 Series Coupe 328i 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

If you're a 'driver' you'll love the steering, suspension and handling. Plus, the car is tight, engine is smooth and interior is perfect. But... HD radio is terrible. Constantly flips in & out of HD, save your money. BMW won't fix it. Auto trans is also sketchy. In sport mode it won't ever go to 6th gear and regular mode just doesn't downshift readily. If you're doing 40 MPH and step on it, it bogs down unless you press deep on the pedal. It makes the car feel underpowered. But you can punch it down a gear (or 2) with paddle shifters (I have sport pkg). Had a 330i with 5-spd prior to this and power wise, this is a little disappointing. If you're on the fence... get the Turbo! Wish I did.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.